Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the announcement.

Teigann's POV

I was so happy to see my mom was getting along so well with Mr and Mrs Way. It meant so much to me that she had come. Once we had all finished dinner, we got settled in the living room to relax. This seemed a good a time as any to share our news. I took a deep breath and squeezed Gerard's hand, signalling it was time to make our announcement.

"Everyone, can we get your attention for a minute?" Gerard asked, standing up from his seat beside me.
He gently pulled me up a moment later. I glanced around to see a bunch of smiles and a few puzzled looks.

"We know it hasn't been very long, but most of you probably know that this hasn't been ordinary right from the start. I love Teigann very much, and I feel like I've known her forever. So last night, I asked her if she would do me the honor of marrying me." He grinned nervously.
"And I said yes." I smiled from ear to ear. I took my hand out of Gerard's momentarily and reached into my pocket, slipping my ring back on my hand. "So to put it simply, we're engaged!" I giggled. I reached out for his hand again, grasping it tight.

It took a few seconds for anyone to react. I had asked Mikey and October to act surprised and thankfully they did a great job at it. Within a minute or so everyone was smiling and there were even a couple looks of relief on our friends faces.

My mom was the first to approach me with a big hug. "Teigh, I'm so happy for you." She held onto me for a couple moments longer, before there was someone else wanting to talk to me. She smiled up at Toby and passed me over to him.

"Dude, I seriously thought for a minute there that you were gonna announce being knocked up." He laughed.
I punched his arm lightly. "You're a douche." I laughed a little before getting serious with him. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier today, to be honest I was terrified that you'd be the opposite of supportive." I smiled sadly at him.
"Teigs, don't ever think I'm not going to be here for you." He wrapped his arms around me in a tight reassuring embrace. "I'm just really glad you're not popping out a spawn any time soon." He giggled at this. "I'm really not surprised that you guys making this step though. It's like you guys have been together for years. It's exciting." He smiled.

I smiled back at him before I felt a tap on my shoulder, this time it was Ray. I glanced over to see Gerard standing with his parents, smiling brightly and a wave of relief washed over me as I saw the excited expressions on Don and Donna's faces.

"Hey Ray." I grinned before being engulfed in a big hug.
"Hello future Mrs Way." He laughed. "That sounds strange, but pretty awesome. I'm really glad you came into his life you know. We all are."
"You don't know how grateful I am that all of you came into my life. I'm incredibly lucky." My face was actually starting to hurt from smiling so much, but I couldn't keep the giant grin from spreading across my lips.

After a few more small interactions with friends, I decided to make my way over to my future inlaws. Even though they looked happy from across the room, I was still nervous to go over. I took another deep breath and waited patiently as they finished saying something to my mom.

"Welcome to the family dear." Don greeted me.
"Thank you. I'm really happy I get to be part of it, it's a pretty great one." I smiled up warmly at him. I looked over to my mom and there was a sad smile on her face. I was about to say something else when she opened her mouth to speak.
"I really want to thank you for taking care of her these past few months, making sure that she was safe." She looked to be on the brink of tears.

Donna moved towards her and gave her a motherly hug, the kind that she was really good at. "It's been no trouble at all. You've got one hell of a great kid, she's done wonders for our son. Thanks for bringing her into the world."
This made me tear up a little bit.
It seemed that she noticed this and she laughed a little. "Now before I go and make us all cry like babies, why don't we get back to celebrating." Her smile was so comforting.

She had been so forgiving of the situation with my mom right away. When I had explained to her what had happened, she gave me a warm hug and the only thing she said was "I guess it's good we were wrong." before smiling and returning to preparing dinner. I was really happy that I was marrying in to such an amazing and supportive family.

I looked up to see Gerard smiling contently at me. Seeing him looking at me the way he was, gave me butterflies. I hoped that feeling would never go away.