Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the call.

Gerard's POV

I was so glad that she didn't catch on to my horrible timing to flirt. Or, with my luck she did, and she was completely uninterested and just ignored it.
I hoped that my words were reassuring, and not insensitive.
 
"I really hope I didn't say that the wrong way.."

"No, you didn't. It's completely true. Sorry that we're once again having a depressing conversation." she apologized.

"Don't be sorry, it's really not a problem. If you need to talk, then talk. Just don't tell your friends, or they might be jealous." I laughed.

"Jealous? Of what?" she questioned.

"That you opened up to a guy you only knew for a few hours, even though they took forever to get you to open up." I smiled, but in a more.. serious way.

It was true, she had told me this in an earlier conversation, while we were driving around.

"I'll have to keep you a secret then, because they'll not only be jealous, but they'll probably come harass you for answers to things I won't tell them." she laughed again.

Her laugh, was adorable. I tried to be funny all night, but not in a corny, annoying, dorky way. Simply just to hear her laugh again and again.

Just as I was about to respond, my cellphone began vibrating in my back pocket unexpectedly, and it caused me to jump up a bit. I noticed with this, she just began laughing at me further.
I grabbed my phone, and answered it as quickly as I could.

"Yea?"

"Umm, we have a MAJOR problem on our hands Gerard.."

"Like what?"

"Like mom and dad coming home tomorrow morning, or well.. later this morning. Seriously, you need to get home. By the way, where the hell are you anyways?"

"Don't worry about it. I'll be home in a bit, we'll have to spend the night cleaning. You better not be asleep when I get home."

"I won't. Just get your ass home. And when you do get here, you better tell me where you were."

"Okay Mikey, shut up, you're starting to sound like mom."

"That's my job." he laughed.

"Oh dear god.. 'kay, I'll see you soon man, bye." With that, I hung up the phone.
 
I was hesitant in telling her I had to leave, hoping that she wouldn't mind that I had to leave after only being there for a little while with her. On the other hand, I knew that she did have to go to bed, because she had school in the morning.

"Teigann, I have to get going. I'm really sorry, but apparently my parents are coming home early, and I have to go clean the house, with little help from my drunk brother before they get back."

"That's okay." she smiled. "I should get going to bed anyways.. I have to try my hardest to wake up on my own later on. Thanks for hanging out with me tonight though. And thank you big time for bringing me home, and basically everything else."

"You're very welcome. I have one small thing to ask of you before I run out that door though."

"Mmm. What's that?"

"Will you give your secret your cell number?" I laughed, feeling like a bit of an idiot.

"Oh! Umm, sure. I could do that. If you give me your phone, I'll put the number in it for you." she smiled sleepily.

I handed her my phone, and several seconds later, it was being placed back into my hand, with a number for her cell. "Thank you. But for now, I'd best be on my way before Mikey and I get killed. It was really great meeting you. Talk to you sometime." I smiled, and leaned in to giver her a small hug. "Maybe you should sleep on the couch, you look like you're going to pass out."

"I'm thinking the same thing.. "

"I can let myself out. Just get to bed."

And with that, I slipped my shoes back on, waved to her, and closed the door behind me. I was sure I'd be speaking with her soon.