Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

sleeping in.

Teigann's POV

I suddenly felt so groggy, so tired. And when Gerard had to leave, I felt bad for not being able to at least let him out. I shocked myself by actually giving him my cell number, but I had enjoyed his company, and though I barely knew him, for some reason I felt differently. Like I'd known him for ages, from some other place or something. Several minutes after he left, I slowly rose from the couch, wobbled to the door, and locked it. Turning the lights off, I then dragged my feet along the hall to my bedroom and turned on my lamp. I undressed at much the same pace, and threw on random pajamas that were near by. Turning off my lamp, I slumped into bed, and pulled the covers over my body. It wasn't very long after that I fell asleep, forgetting to set my alarm...

Gerard’s POV

"Mikey, let me in!" I yelled. He had locked me out.

Thankfully the front yard was clean, there were no signs that a party had taken place. When he unlocked the door, I stepped in, removed my shoes and immediately made my way to the living room which I knew would be a mess.

"Gerard, come on, you have to tell me where you were. You left to go change, and then you just... left, with that girl. Who was she by the way?"

"Her name was Teigann, she needed a ride home. End of story." I answered, cleaning while I spoke.

"And that explains why you've been gone for over 2 hours?"

"Nope."

"Alright then.." he sighed. He knew to give up. If I had planned on sharing, I would have by now. "This is the only room left. I cleaned the kitchen and wreck room waiting for you to get back." he added on.

"Thanks Mikey. You sure do sober up fast." I laughed.

"Well, the thought of mom getting mad at a torn apart house, caused by me, is absolutely terrifying. Enough to sober up an unconscious drunk."

It was true. Our mother was not a pleasant person to make angry. About twenty minutes later after all the party mess had been cleaned up, I proceeded to actually "clean" the house. Including dusting, vacuuming, and washing floors - with more help from Mikey than I had expected. By the time we actually finished, it was close to four am. Our parents would be home in six hours. With one final run through the house to make sure nothing was out of place, I turned the lights out, and made my way back to my bedroom.

Teigann’s POV

Next day; 10:45 am.

I rolled over, and felt my heart sink as I saw what time it was. I was late for not just first period, but second period would be over in 15 minutes. I jumped out of bed, and got changed quickly. I could shower later, there was no time now. I threw my hair up, and looked briefly at myself in the mirror. As usual, I didn't think I looked all that stunning, and I was soon on my way to the living room to collect my bag and throw on some flip flops before calling Toby to come pick me up right after the lunch bell went. Regularly I wasn’t one to miss any classes, or be late in general, unless I was legitimately sick. Thinking of the previous night however, made me not give a shit that I missed half my day of school.

-later-

By the time the bell went after fourth period, I was ready to run out the front doors. It had been the last day of school after all, and until I had arrived at school, I’d completely forgotten that. I only had to endure graduation in a few weeks, and then I’d never have to enter the school again. I met October at our locker, and found that she’d already cleaned it out.

"I’m coming home with you today, hope that’s okay. ‘Cause even if it’s not, I am anyways." She smiled.

"Singing adventures? I could use some venting."

This is the way October and I were. As long s she gave me a night of space, and no pressure, things were better, and I was able to talk to her and not be angry anymore. All I needed was to cool off, and things were fine again.

"Of course doll face! Anything for my bestest friend!" she smiled, giving me a hug.

"Ready to go then?"

"Mhmm. Isn't it kinda depressing that we'll never really be behind these walls again?"

"Yes, but I'm excited to finally get out of here. So! let's get out of here." I smiled, and grabbed her arm, pulling her down a few hallways before exiting the front doors for the last time.

It was about a twenty minute walk from our school to my house, and because we took our sweet time, it took us even longer. By the time we got in the door, I was dying of heat, and was extremely thankful for air conditioning. We dropped our stuff behind the couch, and made our way to my room. Once settled in, we basically just began our regular routine; singing a list of songs, and not all of them went together very well. Today, it was left up to me to start off, and so I did just that. I picked my favorite from our "list" and began softly, and fairly slowly too.

"Where did I go wrong, I can't look you in the eye, feeling so ashamed, it feels like I could die, hold me up and don't let go, I've had enough..."

October joined in as soon as the chorus of Tired of You kicked in.