Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the pick up.

Teigann's POV

I planned on keeping it a surprise of who Gerard's brother was. I knew that she'd be more excited finding out on her own. As is, telling her that Gerard was the one who drove me home raised a bunch of questions. What we talked about, if he was cool, etc etc. I basically told her to shut up and didn’t really answer any of her questions. I told her instead, that she’d have to decide for herself.

We moved from my room back to the living room and while we were waiting, I turned my computer on to put music on. I figured since I didn’t smell, I didn’t need to shower till we got home, but something had to be done with my hair. I ran into the bathroom, brushed it, and threw it into two braids that fell over my shoulders.

I had no clue why I cared what I looked like, but I figured if I was going out in public I should at least look presentable.
When I finished getting ready, I walked out to the living room yet again and October looked at me and giggled.

"What's so funny?" I asked, a bit scared.

"The fact you're adorable and trying to look cute for Mr. .New Boy."

"Am not..and so what if I were? I'm allowed to try and not look like shit. I am NOT adorable."

"Oh shut it Teigh, you know you are, and you know it's cute that you're trying to look cute for him."

"No it's not.. it's actually kinda sad." I laughed at myself and how badly I was acting like a giddy school girl.

We were both broken out of our conversation by a knock at the door. I took a deep breath, and opening it, I found Gerard standing there. I opened the screen door and let him in.

"Who knew I'd be seeing you so soon?" I joked. "I thought your brother was coming with us though."

"He is, he's in the car. I told him to stay there." he laughed. "I hope it wasn't too.. forward of me to call so soon or whatever.."

"Not at all. October and I are grateful. Otherwise we'd be bored all night." I gestured to her sitting on the couch. "October, this is Gerard."

They exchanged hello's before October blurted out "Hey-! You're the hot singer from the band last night!!"

I laughed, because she had no restraint on expressing what she thought. I smiled, seeing Gerard slightly blush at this, replying

"Yea, I'm the singer, but I'm really not hot. Thanks though." while restraining a bit of a laugh.

I rushed October to get her shoes on and as soon as she was done, I slipped on my flip flops once more for the day, and we made our way out of the house.