Status: Updates when I can. Sorry

Misery.

She thinks I'm crazy. Judging by the faces that she's making.

Rayleigh's POV-

It was almost four years ago. I remember walking into a college seminar, on the functions of the brain. I sat in the very back row of the classroom. I sat alone, while everyone else crowded into the front rows, not wanting to miss a second of the lecture.

I always sat alone, that's how I liked it. How could I focus on the information, when someone next to me is being distracting?

And that was exactly the case on September 26th. I sat up straight in my chair, waiting for the class to begin. I noticed a tall boy shuffling down the row I was in. He had a backpack draped over one of his shoulders, and a notebook in his hand.

I closed my eyes, shaking my head.

Out of all the empty rows, all the empty seats, why the one right next to me?

I peeked over at him, while he settled in to his chair. He had tight jeans on, with a rip in the knee, a baggy black t-shirt on, and black converse. His hair was long, falling all around his face, and tuffs of hair falling in front of his eyes.

He was trouble. I knew it.

"Excuse me," The boy next to me whispered. "Do you have an extra pencil? Mine just broke."

I reached in my bag. "Here." I said, handing him a zebra print pencil.

He looked at it and smiled, before taking it out of my hand. "Thank you. This pencil is pretty awesome, I don't think you're going to get it back."

I think he expected me to laugh at this, but I didn't. I shook my head at him, once again. I grabbed my bag, my notebook, and I stood up. I threw my bag over my shoulder, and began to walk away.

"Excuse me?" He said again. "Why are you leaving?"

I turned to face him. “I rather sit alone." I said honestly.

"Who wants to be alone?" He asked sounding confused.

"I do. I like it."

"Well, maybe you should try- not being alone. You never know, you might like that."

I turned back to face him. He had this crooked smile on his face, like he was holding in a laugh. "Why don't you sit back down, now." That wasn’t a question, or an offer; it was like, a command.

I stared down at the empty chair next to him. After a moment, I sat back down.

"There you go." He cheered. "I'm John." He said, reaching out his hand.

I shook it, and replied, "I'm Rayleigh."

"Rayleigh, I never heard that name before. I like it. Rayleigh." He repeated.

"Yeah." I muttered, looking at him oddly.

He smiled at me, and said, "You have pretty eyes."

I lifted my eyebrows, kind of shocked at his comment. "Thanks."

"No problem."

Throughout the class, I caught him looking at me. I knew he was looking, I could feel his eyes on me. I turned my head to look at him, expectig him to look away quickly, but he didn’t. He would smile at me, and blush slightly. That happened numerous times, before the class ended.

When the class was over, I packed my notebook, and pen away. I picked my bag up, ready to leave, when John stopped me.

"What are you doing now?" He asked me.

I looked up at him. "Going home."

"Do you want to get a coffee, or something?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck, and biting his bottom lip.

"Um, no thank you." I smiled politely.

He sighed. "Why not?"

"Why not, because I don't even know you."

"That's why we are going, so we can get to know each other."

"I just don't think it would be a good idea." I confessed, starting to walk away.

He followed me. "Come on. If nothing else, you get a free coffee out of it."

I shook my head, as I pushed the door open, stepping out in to the sunlight.

"I'm not going to stop, so just go with me." He announced. "It’s either coffee, and then I leave you alone, or I could follow you home, and annoy you the whole way there."

I stopped, and glanced over at him. "You know, that’s kind of creepy." I laughed.

"I realize that, but I swear I'm not a creep."

"That's up to me to determine."

"So, you're going to get coffee with me?" He questioned, sounding very hopeful.

I sighed, giving in. "Fine."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there!

I finally updated! Yay!

I'm still figuring out the ending to this fic, and how I am going to go about it. I hope you liked the first chapter, more to come very soon. There will be many flashback chapter, kind of like this one. So i hope you all stick around to see how this turns out.

I would really appreciate some comments. Your opinions means a lot, so please leave one. Thank you reading :)