Status: Updates when I can. Sorry

Misery.

Tell me that you love me and it'll be alright.

Rayleigh's POV-[-b]

"Chai latte and a black coffee." The barrister, Delaney, who we have came to know very well announced.

John stepped forward, "That’s me." He smiled, while he took the drinks from her hands.

I was back at our table waiting for him to bring our usual drinks. I always got a Chai latte; it was creamy and sweet. John always just got black coffee. I could never understand how anyone could drink coffee black, but I guess John liked the bitterness.

"Here you go, babe." John said, setting my coffee in front of me.

"Thanks." I said, while I watched him sit down.

I pulled the lid off my cup, watching the steam float away in to the air. I let it cool down, for a moment, before I used my straw to suck up all the foam at on top.

I peaked up at John, when I heard him chuckle.

"What," I questioned, setting the straw into the cup. "I like the foam."

"I know you do." He laughed, shaking his head.

"Whatever, John." I rolled my eyes.

John took my hand from across the table and just held it for a moment. I let his fingers slip in between mine. His thumb rubbed circles on my skin. I watched his face as he did this, but his eyes were locked in on our hands. He had a serious look on his face, just observing our hands.

It was cute.

"John." I muttered softly.

His eyes shot up to mine, and he lifted his eyebrows. "What?"

"I love you."

He stopped moving his thumb and just held my hand. His eyes were glued to mine. He studied my face, like, he was trying to figure out if I was bluffing.

"I mean it."

"Really?"

"Really." I smiled. "Like, really, really."

"I love you too." He smiled his crooked smile. "I'm happy you finally said it. I was beginning to think you were never going to."

"I'm happy I said it to."

“Well, this was my table. But now, I think it’s time that it becomes our table.” John announced, while he reached in to his back pocket. He pulled out a black sharpie marker and held it out to me. “Lets be really cheesy, and write our names.”

“No, cheesier. Lets do our initials.”

He nodded, in agreement.

“You do it.” I encouraged, pushing the market back towards him.

He uncapped the marker and began to write on the red table. ’JO & RA’ inside of a heart. “Perfect” He smiled proudly.

“I hate us right now.” I joked.

“We are that couple.” John laughed, shaking his head.

"We disgust me."

John smiled, shrugging. "Wait," He said pulling out the sharpie once more. He wrote down three sets of numbers and then looked up at me. "It's the date that we met."

"You remember it?"

"Yeah," He mumbled. "It was important to me."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am not 100% thrilled with how this chapter came out, but what do you guys think?

Thank you to my commenters:

Nerdasaurous

everdeen


Thank you for reading :)