Status: Updates when I can. Sorry

Misery.

I remember every night we spent on the weekends with good friends.

Rayleighs POV-

"Why do you guys always insist on embarrassing me?" John questioned his friends, prior to taking a swig from his beer bottle.

"We are simply just sharing stories. It isn't our fault you do stupid shit." Countered Justin, one of John’s friends.

"But I'm not the only one."

"True, but you do the stupidest stuff, so it is worth telling." Justin adds.

John rolls his eyes and chuckles under his breath a bit. I had my legs propped up on Johns lap, and he would tap his fingers along them, to the music playing from the garage. We all sat in a circle that was bordering a bonfire pit. All of John’s friends were here, and I guess they have become my friends too. I felt so content and at home when I was around everyone. They all brought out the best in each other.

I couldn't stop laughing as I listened to the conversations swirling around me, but I kept watching Johns face as he listened to the stories being told. He would listen so intently as they spoke and then would burst in to laughter along with everyone else at the punch line. He was so happy, and so was I.

•••

It was very late when everyone left. Thankfully everyone lived fairly close, so walking home wasn't too much of a trouble, and if they didn't walk home, there was a designated driver, which made me feel comfortable with people leaving our house drunk.

I moved along the dark backyard with a trash bag in my hand. The only light came from the garage lights and the moon overhead, while I attempted to pick up everyone's mess.

"Come on, baby" John said, pulling me by my hips. "Let’s go to bed."

"I only have a little left."

"Just leave it." He said, leaning his head onto my shoulder. "Unfortunately, the mess will still be here in the morning, so we can clean the rest up then. I'm tired."

"Fine," I turned around towards him. "Let's go." We walked to the garage together and I set the trash bag against the wall, while John turned the lights off.

•••
The next morning, I kneeled on the bed next to Johns sleeping body. I began messing with his untamable hair. It really has gotten too long, I thought to myself.

"John." I sang. "John wake up."

John didn't move; he just let out a low groan. I kissed his cheek and nudged his side. His body flinched as I pulled my hand away. He turned his head towards me and opened his tired eyes slightly.

"Can we just stay in bed today?"

"Stay in bed?" I repeated, taken back a bit. "John, that doesn't sound like you."

"I just feel really exhausted." He breathed. "We can go downtown tomorrow, if that's okay with you?"

I dropped my hands into my lap. "Yeah, that's fine."

I pulled the blanket out from under me and crawled under it as I laid back down. I faced Johns back. His messy hair just touching his neck. He slowly rolled over to face me. His expression was hard. His eyes were closed while he attempted to get comfortable.

I reached out my arm and touched his face. As my fingertips grazed his skin, his eyes gradually reopened.

"Babe, something's wrong."

His eyebrows pulled together. "Nothing's wrong, baby. I must of just drank something rancid last night, or just too much. Must be messing with me."

"Okay." I nodded, convincing myself what he said was the truth.

"Now, get over here." John chuckled. "You don't think we are going to lay in bed all day with you that far from me, do you?"

I laughed while inching closer to John. I ended up pressed against his chest, his chin rested on my head, and his arms now locked tightly around my waist.

"Now, this is what I'm talking about." John kissed my head and ran his hands up and down my back. "You don't need to worry about anything."
♠ ♠ ♠
Big things to come!

Thanks for reading! :)