Status: Come on Directioners! :) Don't be shy!

1,000 Reasons Why I Love One Direction

7

Well. I first heard "What Makes You Beautiful" at a sleepover. I thought it was cool so I went home and downloaded the album. At first I was like "Eh." You know, I wasn't really into it. So, I deleted them from my iPod and went on with my life.

Months later, I went to a lacrosse tournament out of state and stayed in a hotel room with three other girls. One of my roomies, we'll call her Tina, was a HUGE fan. We'll call the other two Amanda and Jenny. She brought her magazines, a movie and pictures. And I was like "What the duce is wrong with this girl?" I was never really one to get obsessed with famous people.

So she started teaching us about them, telling us random trivia, showing up their x-factor auditions, the concert movie and then we watched some documentary on YouTube. She had this one magazine that was all about them so we flipped through and all three of us that were getting educated decided that we liked Liam the best. (We had a lot of downtime.)

So we all jokingly fought over Liam and we decided that we should all chose different crushes so there would be no more fighting. Tina loved Harry, I got Niall, Amanda got Zayn, and Jenny still got Liam. Louis was left because we all agreed that he looked like Peter Pan!

So I left that trip with a famous person crush on Niall. From there I put the album back on my iPod and listened to it all the way through. So I twitter stalked, YouTubed, and ended up here on Mibba reading fanfics!

I love 1D because I like music. And I usually don't like "corporate products," but I really love these boys. Their songs are catchy and lighthearted, focusing on having fun and having crushes and dealing with the teenage years. Which is relatable and something that can reach not just their current fan base (of screaming girls) but also an entire generation if they would just stop calling them gay.

I love music because it captures life in 3 minutes and can describe my life down to a tee. Its an art form that has so many different voices and faces, but in the end has the ability to bring thousands of people together.

And it makes people happy! If people just stepped back and thought about what music is at its core, a universal connecter that can change so much, I think they would like 1D too. They may not like their music or their image, but I hope that people can appreciate their message and be amazed at how many lives these young men have touched.

I love them because they make me smile and squeal and forget about schoolwork, friends, stress and everything else that challenges me as a teen. They make me excited, give me hope, and connect my life with thousands of boys and girls who are fans as well.

Thats pretty incredible that a simple boyband can do that. And I don't think that there is another force out there that can do that at such a global scale. Its simply incredible and I'm simply in love!
♠ ♠ ♠
thats it. thats why im obsessed. 1D for liiiife!!!
-olivia (the_space_between)