These Times Are So Uncertain

III

His fingers slid down my now-bare stomach and danced circles on my flesh. I shuddered with pleasure and pulled the black comforter over us. Tom moaned softly when I brought his lower lip into my mouth and began sucking at it teasingly. I pushed him onto his back and straddled him, leaning down to connect our lips. His breathing became ragged as I slipped my hands into the waistband of his pants, pulling them off of him almost awkwardly: this had never gotten so far as to ridding the lower half of clothes. It was exciting. However, before either of us allowed it to go any further, I pulled away and sat at the edge of the mattress.

"Kynna, what is wrong?"

"Nothing. Don't exp---"

"I know. Do not expect anything to come from this. But why not? The attraction is there?"

"Because I said. Now, drop it."

Six-forty-five a.m. came too soon, and when I opened my eyes, Tom was gone. I grabbed my cell phone and saw a new text message from Bill.

we left early <3

I sighed an jerked an faded-black denim skirt and a Tokio Hotel shirt from my dresser. After quickly changing, I picked up my bookbag and walked down the hall to the front door where I shoved my feet into a pair of flats. I locked the door and ran to the bus stop.

"Another day of hell hath commenced," April declared dryly while she waited for me to get my book from my locker.

"Yeah. Yet another day of torture."

"What's up?"

"Huh? Nothing."

"Mystery Boy keep you up all night?"

"Something like that."

Of course, April knew about my situation with Tom, but she had enough sense and respect to not blurt it out to everyone she met. She pushed my locker shut for me and walked with me to Physics; we sat in our seats, and I rested my head on the desk.

"Miss Visconti, please do not sleep during my class."

"Fine."

"So did you guys, y'know...?" my best friend whispered.

"No, we didn't."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Misses Visconti and Ryan! Knock off the chatter."

"Sorry."

I rolled my eyes and began working on the worksheet we had just received. Suddenly, a loud "I don't care if Monday's blue Tuesday's grey and Wednesday, too Thursday I don't care about you it's Friday I'm in love" rent the air, and everyone looked around. April pulled out her cell phone and started a conversation with the caller.

"Miss Ryan, I'm going to have to confiscate that."

"Bitch, please. I'd like to see you try."

I shook my head, silently laughing but also admiring her for her courage.
♠ ♠ ♠
bitch please i'd like to see you try

that part will always make me laugh. it actually happened to me today. except i wasn't talking. i was text messaging, or "t-mailing" as my friend would say.

ahh algebra class + cell phones = amazing