Status: Active

A Love That Consumes You

Who is He?

Elena and I were having lunch at a table not to far from the bar where he was sitting. My eyes continued to wonder over to the male even though Elena was talking to me about the upcoming dance. Something about red lights and Caroline stressing out as usual. It was the Valentines Day dance. I've never been one to go all out on Valentines Day. Besides I usually had no one to really go all out for.

"Danielle!" Elena whined at me. "What are you even staring at?" I assumed she followed my eyes because when I looked at her she seemed dissapointed in me.

"Who is he?" I asked. Being new to Mystic Falls meant I hardly knew anyone. Only the people I had made friends with at school.

"That, is Damon Salvatore." She said glancing over at him.

"As in Stefan?"

"Yeah, sadly it's his older brother. And to be honest a complete ass." She said the last part in a cruel way as though he could actually hear her. "You should stay away from him. He causes nothing but trouble."

I nodded as though I was agreeing with her. For the most part I was. If Elena said he was trouble then I should take her word. Since she was dating his brother she had first hand knowledge. But I couldn't help myself. I turned to get a last look but the stool was empty. I didn't see Damon anywhere. Sighing I turned back to Elena and we started talking about the dance again. I didn't understand. The dance was on Valentines day, which was almost two months away. It must be a big deal because Caroline, Elena, and Bonnie were all over the place trying to figure out details. I agreed to help to make friends but I had no idea it was this crazy.

"So tonight I'm throwing a little christmas party and you should come. Caroline, Tyler, Bonnie, Matt and Stefan are all going to be there. It'll be really fun!" She said to me.

"Are there going to be games and gift exchanges?" I asked laughing a bit. Elena smiled.

"There will be games but no gift exchanges."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Then I'll be there. What time?" I asked. I was actually happy to be invited.

"Seven would be a good time."

After lunch with Elena I had gone home. I was pretty excited to go to the party. It meant that Elena liked me enough to envite me to her house and to hang out with her friends. Which also meant she was beginning to see me as one.

I opened the door to my house and the smell of spaghetti hit me. I made my way back to the kitchen where my stepmother was in an apron and stiring something in a pot. I smiled at her and sat at the island. Pam was a great woman. She had been taking care of us since I was 10. At first I was angry because I felt like she was trying to take place of my mom. After a little while I knew that she just wanted to help.

"Hey honey, you hungry? I've got spaghetti." she said smiling as she gave me a kiss on the cheek. You could see the wrinkles starting to form on her forehead and around her blue eyes. Her hair was short and red, not like the color but more as she was ginger. Pam looked good for a middle aged woman.

"No, I had lunch with Elena. Where's Dad? Oh and I'm going over to Elena's around seven."

"He's still at work. That's fine as long as your back before midnight."

I nodded with a smile, grabbed my stuff and headed up stairs. I walked into my room and closed the door behind me. I took a deep breath and looked around. The room was pretty simple. I hadn't had much time to really decorate. The walls were a light lavender, with pictures of family and some bands hanging. A full length mirror was off to the left side, it was surrounded by make up and hair utensils and products. My bed was in the middle of the room, a queen size. On either side of it were window seats with medium length windows covered by black curtains
~*~*~*~*~*~
The room wasn't half bad. It was my favorite room out of all the houses and apartments I had lived in. I set my stuff on a chair and jumped into the bed. I set my phone on the nightstand and grabbed the remote to the stereo that sat on my dresser a few feet away. I hit the power button and then play. Horror of Our Love by Ludo wrapped around me. I soon was lost in a sea of my own thoughts and they all led back to that mysterious guy at the bar in the Grill. Damon. Such a small word that made me want more. And with my thoughts content I dozed off.

One to three hours later I woke up, a buzzing going off in my head. I realized that it wasn't my head but my phone. I picked it up seeing the message flash on the screen. It was from Elena telling me I was missing the fun. I replied with and 'LOL i'll be there soon.' I hopped out of my bed and went over to my dresser. I turned off the stereo and pulled open a drawer. I took out a white lace dress and put it on. Then I sat in front of my mirror. I began to put on my makeup and do my hair. I was really excited for the party. It would be my first one since we moved here.

I looked in the mirror, evaluating myself. My eyes were a light hazel, compliments to dad. They had liquid eyeliner on the top lids with a little wing and mascara on the top and bottom lashes. My hair was dyed a deep crimson almost like blood. I made my bangs wavey and put a few waves through out my hair. It was down to the middle of my back and I got compliments for it all the time. The white dress stopped short of my knees and hugged to my curved body. Pam always tells me that I have a great body because I have nice legs, hips, and boobs but a small waist. That every guy wants a girl with a body like that. It's weird I know, but I usually just laugh it off.

I grabbed my black litas and slipped them on along with my cropped leather jacket. I put my phone in the dress pockets and headed downstairs. It looked like no one was in so I just wrote a quick note and then I was out the door. It was a little chilly outside, but it wasn't snowing just yet. I stuck my hands in my jacket pockets and continued down the street.

I arrived at Elena's front door in a matter of minutes. I looked down and straightened my dress. I was really nervous. More nervous than I had been since we moved to Mystic Falls. I wanted everyone to accept me, but I wasn't going to make them. I would just be myself and that should do the trick, right?

I took a deep breath and extended my hand to the door. I knocked twice and within a few seconds Elena was at the door dragging me inside. We stepped into the living room where everyone was. It seemed as though when I walked into the room it got quiet. I'm sure I'm just being parinoid. All eyes were on me. I smiled.

"I think everyone here knows Danielle, but just to make sure Danielle this is Matt," she pointed to a cute blonde with incredible blue eyes. "Bonnie," a gorgeous dark skinned girl who I knew pretty well. "Caroline," I smiled at her. She smiled back; blonde hair bouncing. "And Tyler." Tyler seemed tough but I knew he was nice.

"And you already know me." Stefan said stepping out from behind Elena. I didn't even know he was back there. I smiled at him and waved at everyone else.

"Okay lets get this party started!" Caroline chimed.

Caroline and Tyler started pouring drinks. I grabbed one and took a sip. Everyone started doing their thing until the doorbell rang. We all froze in place and looks passed around the room. An eerie feeling crept over me as I watched Elena make her way to the door, Stefan following protectivly behind her. When the door opened I peeked around the corner. It was Damon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damon will be more in the story in the next few chapters. :D

Danielle's outfit for the party