Status: Active

A Love That Consumes You

Make a Decision

Be prepared. Be prepared. I thought the words over and over as I drank from the glass at the bar. This was Klaus's battle. Why were Stefan and I getting dragged into it? Did it not occur to the filthy man that he did not control us? Was Klaus actually sweating this Adrian guy? He was just some vampire witch guy that was after Klaus. To be honest I was getting a bit worried. Almost to the point where I just want Adrian to kill Klaus. Even if that meant Stefan and myself dying along with him. It'd take all the trouble out of this equation, leaving the town safe and the people in it. Meaning Danielle would be safe, and Elena.

That situation was definitely confusing. Danielle and Elena. They were friends again, which meant sharing and talking and I didn't like that. Elena, who looked so much like Kathrine, was beautiful and smart and in love with my brother. How could I compete with that? She was like a snake, sneaky and venomous. But I truly cared about her. And then there was Danielle. So feisty and independent. She didn't love my brother, only me. She made my heart beat. They both said the same thing, they would always love me.

"What are you thinking about?" A voice said, startling me from my confused thought. I glance over to see Alaric sitting in the stool next to me. He ordered a drink before returning his gaze back to me.

"Adrian, and this stupid plan to kill him before he kills us." I replied before taking a drink of the scotch I had in front of me. It wasn't a complete lie so I was good.

"Yeah, good luck on that." Ric said as he gave me a pat on the shoulder.

"You really suck at this whole friend thing."

"Says the one who killed my wife, killed me, and made my life hell."

"Touche."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Keep your eyes closed!" Danielle demanded. I lay in her bed as she change from her clothes into something more comfortable. As much as I wanted to peek and pull her into this bed without clothes on I respected her and kept my eyes tightly shut.

"C'mon, just a peek." I teased her. She didn't know that my eyes we closed. I heard her turn around and start towards me so I opened my eyes and gave her a grin. She rolled her eyes and climbed into bed, resting her head on my chest. I kissed her red head before taking a deep breath. "Find a dress yet?"

"No. I'm going shopping with Caroline tomorrow and she's going to help me."

"The Dance is two days away and you are probably the only girl who doesn't have a dress." I chuckled as she hit me lightly.

"Hey, so what. I wasn't looking forward to this unlike some people." She glanced up at me as if I was the one excited for this dance.

"Don't give me that look. I hate high school dances just as much as you."

"Right. And my dress is not going to be red so get that out of your mind." I rolled my eyes. Red was so hot on her and she knew I wanted her dress to be tight and red.

"What color is it going to be then?"

"Black. Like death. You know, because my date is dead and all." She giggled looking up at me. Danielle was adorable. There was no other girl like her and I was lucky enough to get her. Yet I didn't deserve her. Because truthfully I was still in love with Elena. And that tore me apart. Danielle was here and willing to love me. What was I doing?

Danielle brought her lips to mine. They were so soft, delicate. I pressed my lips back lusting for more. She rolled onto her back as I climbed on top of her. Our bodies fit perfectly together and I could feel the heat that was created between us. I lifted up taking off my dark shirt and throwing it onto the floor. I felt Danielle's hand slide up my side, pulling back down to her. Was this wrong to do? Should I stop? But I wanted it so much. I wanted her so badly. We rolled over once more, allowing Danielle to be on top. She flipped her head back causing all her hair to fly back, hitting me in the face a little. She panted, out of breath and I grinned at her. "Damon, we can't. I can't." She breathed my name, giving me shivers.

"I know. "

"Not until Elena is out of your head."

"I told you she was." That was a lie. Elena and I had still been there. Still gave each other the secret look when together in the room. Still wanted one another every time we heard the others name.

"I know that's not true. I know that look you get when shes in the room. How pained you are not to go over to her and rip off her clothes right there. If Stefan weren't in the way there would be no stopping you." Danielle climbed off me and sat on the edge of the bed fixing her long locks. Was she hurt knowing the fact that Elena still existed in my heart?

"I can't just snap my fingers and get rid of the feelings I have for her! Its hard enough pretending that I don't care for her. If I could forget her I would. Trust me this isn't what I want." I raised my voice. It wasn't that I was mad, more of upset at Elena and all the pain she caused within me.

"It can't go away that easily. I know that. But you have to choose. Otherwise I can't keep going on, Damon." She said as she stood up and grabbed a hair tie. She put her hair up in a pony tail before turning to look at me. Her eyes were serious but hurt. I nodded at her as I got up from the bed. I walked over to her and grabbed her face in my hands gently. I looked her straight in those beautiful hazel eyes before speakings.

"I'll make my decision at the dance this Friday." I told her before pressing my lips to hers and then vanishing out the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment what you think!
I love the interaction!! <3