Status: Active

A Love That Consumes You

Red and Pink

"It's not black though." I spoke from behind the curtain. Trying on dresses with Caroline was seriously stressful. I heard Caroline huff and plop down on the sofa positioned by the dressing rooms. I quickly put on the dress she had given me and walked out.

"See, I was right. That looks great on you. It shows your curves and makes you look flawless." Caroline stated, pleased with her pick.

"But it's not black." I said while examining myself in the mirror. The dress was pretty, a red mermaid dress with tiny crystals at the end. But I was set on black for the dance.

"You are so frustrating. It's a valentines day dance! That means reds and pinks, not black."

"Everyone will have red on. Black is different; unique." Caroline finally gave in and decided to let me pick out the dress. I searched the racks for a little while until I stopped dead in my tracks and actually gasped out loud. Caroline came to see but I rushed into the dressing room and quickly changed into the perfect dress.

I peeled back the red curtain to reveal my pick. It was a simple black dress that hugged my curves. The solid black went over my breast in a sweetheart neckline. It then continued up with a black lace that went up to my neck. It was perfect and I was sure Damon would love it.

"I hate to say this, but you were right. Black is killer." Caroline said as she admired me. I squealed and rushed back into the dressing room to change back into my normal attire which was a simple pair of holey blue jeans, a Jaws tank, and my favorite red leather varsity jacket.

"Do you know what Elena is going to wear?" I asked sheepishly as we checked out and headed to her car. She tilted her head over at me and sighed. "I know, I know. We shouldn't be jealous of one another, we are friends after all."

"Then why is that you still care what she wears?" I hadn't exactly told anyone about what Damon had told me. How he was going to choose either Elena or I tonight.

"A couple of nights ago Damon and I were getting pretty intense. Of course I stopped him because I know that he still loves Elena. There's no denying that. And I know that won't go away over night," I began to explain as we drove down the road, heading back to my house. "but I want him to fight harder. To show that he wants me just as much and more."

"Danielle..."

"Wait, this is where it gets better." I took a deep breath. "He agreed with me and told me that he would have to pick one or the other. He said, and I quote, 'I'll make my decision at the dance this Friday.'"

We pulled into my driveway and Caroline and I just sat in silence for a moment or two. I was beginning to worry because usually Caroline has something to say for everything. Just as I was about to say something she cut me off with a mouthful. "You shouldn't subject yourself to that. Damon is crazy for making you wait like this. And how could Elena not have told me this? He must have told her already. This is insane!" She took a deep breath and we laughed together. I had to admit she had a point, this was all bizarre. We got out of the car and went to the house where Caroline, Bonnie. Elena, and I would all be getting ready for the big Valentine's Day dance.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

All of us went together. We decided it would be fun to just meet up with our dates at the dance. Well that was if we had dates. At this point I was doubting everything. How could Damon choose me over Elena. She had so much going for her. They had known each other longer, she was the doppelganger of Kathrine, and she was gorgeous. I on the other hand had only known Damon for four months, I wasn't a doppelganger of someone he once loved, and to be honest I wasn't feeling very confident in my looks.

We entered the gym and I was impressed. "Wow Caroline! This is amazing. I'd say your best work yet!" There was a variety of red, pink, and white lights lite around the room. Pink and red paper chandeliers hung from the ceiling. Fish bowls with floating candles were the center pieces on the tables. It was stunning and Caroline seriously had a talent for this kind of stuff. I could only imagine what her wedding will be like.

Caroline herself looked gorgeous as always. Her dress was an emerald green that stopped short of her knees. The waist came in with a corset-like material. It had a sweetheart neckline that showed her ivory skin. Her hair was simple, her makeup smokey with a pop of color to her lips. I watched as she found Tyler on the dance floor.

Bonnie was wearing a beautiful short sapphire dress with black cutout litas. Her hair fell in a straight waterfall of black, her face flawless. She found Matt and began dancing, which left Elena and I standing side by side. Opposites. Similar.

"And then there were two. Makes since, brothers that are always late." Elena broke the ice, "You look great by the way."

"Thanks, you too." I replied. And I meant that. her dress was a strapless that had ruffles all the way down. At the wait was a crystal belt. It had different shades of pink throughout it and it made her olive skin tone really pop. Her makeup was all neutral, brown eye shadow, pink lips. I felt like I had to say something about the situation. Make things right even if he didn't pick me, or he didn't pick her. "I know this thing with Damon--"

"Don't worry about it. Damon is Damon. I will always have feelings for him as he will me. Don't take it too hard." That sounded a little bitchy. Did she mean for it to sound that way? "That came out wrong. Sorry. I mean if he picks me its only because he thinks he is in love with me. I love Stefan though, it's just complicated."

She didn't think Damon would choose me. A piece of me sunk deep inside. I was seriously doubting myself now. All I could think was she was right. I began to scan the room. Keeping my eye out for Damon or Stefan. Surely enough there came Damon, walking towards us. It was like it was happening in slow motion. I just kept playing a scenario in my head where he said he wanted me and only me. That's when he hit is head on a light fixture that was hanging too low. I knew I shouldn't have laughed but it bubbled out and I tried to hold it in. It was just funny how serious he was and to see him get hit out of know where.

Damon got up and held his head where he got hit. Elena held her arms out, "Aww poor thing." She said as Damon walk in front of us. I though he was going to stop in front of her but he continued to me where he nuzzled his face in my neck and wrapped his arms around my waist. My heart nearly stopped and it felt as if it wasn't real. He picked me? He picked ME! I wrapped my arms around him in excitement and nearly knocked us both over.

"I almost thought you guys were over." Stefan said as we broke apart. I kissed Damon's head and smiled. I knew I had the biggest, most ridiculous smile but I didn't care one bit.

"Not a chance brother." he kissed my forehead before taking my hand. "Let's dance, it's our song."

He motioned to the dj and walked me out to the middle of the dance floor. I didn't bother looking at Elena. I wasn't sure if she was mad or not but I didn't care. I wrapped my arms around Damon's neck and felt his hands rest on my waist. This was the only feeling I wanted forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys! School has been stressful and I sometimes get really bad anxiety which makes me not want to do anything. (*little facts*)

Shout out to cocomemoco!!! <3

Danielle's Outfit
Danielle's Dance Outfit
Caroline's Dance Outfit
Bonnie's Dance Outfit
Elena's Dance Outfit

P.s I started to put some outfits on the other chapters. Tell me if you like seeing them or if I shouldn't put them.