Status: Active

A Love That Consumes You

No Happy Endings

Danielle was the best choice I could have possibly made. She was so sweet and caring. She loved me and no one else. She was beautiful and absolutely amazing. How could I not choose her? Although Elena made it pretty hard. To give up on Elena was like giving up on the past century of my life. Between her and Katherine I've been hooked. And with that hook stuck in my cheek it clouded my vision. I nearly gave up on the most wonderful girl in the world!

Now being at the Valentines dance, declaring that I choose Danielle and no one else is hard. I can see Elena and Danielle standing together. Their eyes scanning the room, their entire look drastically different, yet their minds on the same thing. I took a deep breath and began walking. Their eyes found mine, both anticipating my decision. And all of the sudden there is a dull ache in my head. I realize I hit a damn light! Looking like a fool when this is suppose to be a serious situation! Elena's eyes cry pity as her arms come out to embrace me. Not this time. Danielle is laughing, at such a time like this?!

I rush into her arms, nuzzling my head into her neck. She tightens her arms around me in excitement, nearly making me loose my balance. I can't stop smiling. I love the feeling knowing that she can't stop smiling either.

"I almost thought you guys were over." Stefan spoke as Danielle and I parted, her lips kissing the spot where I got hit.

"Not a chance, Brother." I told him, kissing Danielle's head and taking her hand. "Let's dance, it's our song."

I motioned to the DJ, who cut the song playing and began playing The Horror of Our Love by Ludo. Danielle wrapped her arms around my neck and I put my hands on her waist. Our bodies were so close, no space in between. It's exactly how I wanted it to be.

"I'm so happy." Danielle whispered as her head rest on my chest.

"So am I."

"You picked me."

"Of course I picked you. How could I not?" I took a step back, giving us a bit of space. She just shook her head with a happy smile and kissed me. A long kiss at that. I was more happy than I have been for some time. "I mean look at you in that hot black dress, who could resist that?"

Danielle laughed and pushed my arm, "I knew you'd like it."

"Ah yes, I couldn't resist and I definitely like it." That stupid British voice interrupted and I nearly screamed. Why did Klaus have to ruin everything? "Hello Darlings."

"Klaus, nice of you to join our HIGH SCHOOL dance." Danielle spoke to him, smiling.

"Yes, well we have business deary. It'd be nice if I could borrow your boyfriend now."

"Like hell. What do you want?" Stefan stepped up, Elena right behind him. There wasn't any time to worry about how she was taking the news.

"Adrian has arrived." Klaus stated.

"Why do we have to kill him again?" Danielle asked.

"Because he has killed everyone I've known as well as he wants to kill everyone I know now, including me."

"Get Bonnie, it's time." I nodded to Stefan as I let go of Danielle's hand and found Bonnie. She wasn't exactly happy about having to leave the dance but she knew what she had to do. Everyone began exiting the school, except Stefan, Elena, and Danielle. I looked to Stefan who nodded and we separated a few feet to give privacy. I looked at Danielle who look worried and sad.

"I have to go kill this guy."

"Let me come."

"You know you can't. You'll be in danger and I'd rather die than let you die." I shook my head bringing her to me. I put my hands on both sides of her face, "I'll be back later, just go home."

"What if you get killed?" there was so much sadness in her eyes.

"Thanks for having faith in me." she smiled slighting and I brought her face to mine and kissed her. "You and Elena just go home and I'll come to you right after."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I honestly didn't know what I was doing. We had been planning for this attack for a couple weeks now but how ready were we? There was something Klaus wasn't telling us about this guy. Of course everyone wants Klaus dead but there is something different about this guy. Klaus really hates him and I think there may be an important reason behind it.

"Why does Klaus want Adrian dead so badly? Don't you think its sorta odd that he is so concerned?" I began asking Stefan on our way to the Lockwood's cellar.

"Maybe it's because he wants to destroy the town? Stop asking questions, we have to protect our friends. We have to protect Elena and Danielle."

I narrowed my eyes at him, but he turned away from me. Did he ever stop to think that Klaus could possibly be lying? How could he be so trusting of someone who has tried to destroy us so many times?

As we arrived at the cellar I stopped to take in the scenery and think. If I could just get this guy alone maybe I could figure out what exactly he wanted. I'd have to do it without Klaus and Stefan knowing what I'm up to.

"Positions!" Klaus growled. Stefan and I made our way down into the cellar with Bonnie while Caroline and Tyler went off into the woods until it was time to come out and attack. The plan was that Klaus was going to meet Adrian alone in the woods to have a small chat. Of course Klaus would never. Once Adrian steps into position, Bonnie will come over and cast a spell that will lock him in place. Stefan and I will come out and stab a steak into his heart, killing the poor man.

I on the other hand was thinking of changing things up. If I can just get Adrian alone for a few minutes maybe I can find some things out.

"Adrian, glad you could make it." Klaus spoke to the man.

"As am I." Adrian responded walking around. "How did you hear I was coming?"

"I have eyes and ears everywhere."

"So you know why I am here."

"To try and kill me."

"Not to try, I will." Adrian said laughing.

"Bonnie!" Klaus called. The witch stepped out and began her chanting, but there were two voices. Not only was it Bonnie but also Adrian. Who was fighting back against the spell.

"Stefan he's fighting hard. I can't hold him for long!"

Stefan and I ran out. Stefan held the steak in his hand and just as he went to stab Adrian I took him. Stefan's steak stab him in the abdomen. I dragged the bleeding body to the only place I knew no one would come looking. And that was Alaric's place. I banged on the door of the apartment until Ric opened it, shirtless and sleepy-eyed. "Let me in."

"Dammit Damon, are you kidding me?" Alaric rubbed a hand through his hair before sighing and letting Damon in. "What's this all about?"

"This, my dear friend, is Adrian."

"The Adrian who is suppose to be dead right now?"

"Correct. Help me out would ya?" Alaric grabbed a side of the man and they slung him into a chair. "Jesus, he is still bleeding."

"That's probably because I've been stabbed." Adrian spoke weakly. He began to take out the wood but I shoved it back in.

"No way buddy. That's staying in for now." I told him before plopping on the couch. "You are going to tell me why you want to kill Klaus so badly."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dang I haven't been at this in a while. I just didn't feel like writing for a really long time.
Sorry about the wait loves. Hope you enjoy.