Status: Active

A Love That Consumes You

Not Invited.

He stood there, a grin licking his lips. He didn't look cold although hes button up black shirt seemed thin and the sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. He was wearing a dark pair of jeans, but it was winter time. I strained my ears to hear what they were saying.

"What are you doing here Damon?" Elena asked, her voice had a lot of hostility in it.

"You weren't invited." Stefan's voice was hard and I could see his brooding face even though his back was turned to me.

"I know, but you guys wouldn't have a party without me would you?" Damon replied and stepped in.

I quickly turned around in my seat and acted as if I hadn't been spying. That would have been to embarassing to handle. I heard all three of them walk into the living room. I froze, my body acted like it couldn't move. My eyes scanned the room. Everyone's face seemed disturbed or angry, and all eyes were on Damon.

I figured that Damon was a well known guy. One that no one liked. For whatever that reason was I was still intriged. I took a deep breath and forced my body to turn. He's eyes slithered over me like a cobra. I shivered in return.

For some reason the awkward moment passed in a flash and everyone continued on to their partying. Of course there was still that edge in the air. As time continued on, the party ended up on the patio. It was really pretty. A white gate seperated us from the rest of the world and twinkling lights above took place of the stars that weren't seen. I was sitting at a table; drink in hand. Matt sat down across from me.

"Not really one for parties, huh?" he asked, blue eyes shinning in the lights.

I smiled, "I just feel a little out of place."

"I know the feeling. As soon as you truly understand the bond of all of us you'll fit in perfectly." he told me and took a drink.

I wasn't exactly sure what he meant, but I knew he meant well. I asked him where the bathroom was and then I was off. I didn't know what to say to something like that. I made my way up the stairs and down the hall into the bathroom. I closed the door lightly behind me. I just stood there for a while, staring at myself in the mirror. I opened the door and turned off the light when I heard a noise. I peeked around the corner and looked into a room. I saw Elena and a man kissing. I assumed it was Stefan until I noticed the shirt. A thin black button up with the sleeves rolled up. Damon.

I quickly went down the stairs and surrounded myself with everyone. I grabbed another drink and sat sown. What does this mean? Was Elena cheating on Stefan with his own brother? The spot next to me sunk down and I looked over.

"Hey! Having fun yet?" A sigh of relief escaped my mouth although a bubble of nervous crept it's way inside me.

"Elena. You scared me! Yes I'm having a good time. Thanks for inviting me."

"No problem. Here, I want to give you something." She began to take something out of her pocket.

"I thought you said no gifts." I protested but she fasted a bracelet to my wrist. It was really pretty, a light blue stone with a symbol engraved on it. It reminded me of a Lapus ring. "You didn't have to get me anything. I didn't even get you anything."

"It's fine. I wanted to. Think of it as a Welcome gift." she smiled and walked off to mingle or find Stefan.

Elena was quite incredible. If I was into girls I'd probably try and go after her. I touched the bracelet and eased my way back into the soft sofa. I wasn't long before the spot next to me sunk in again. I looked over only to be caught in the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen.

"What did you see?" he asked me. I watched his eyes looking me up and down.

"I don't know what you mean." I replied cooly.

"C'mon, I think you know exactly what I'm talking about." he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Why don't you just explain to me what--" I was cut off by him pulling me closer, his face inches away, breath hot on my lips. I didn't flinch or move just watched him. When I saw his eyes begin to go red I lefted my hand to touch the lines beneath them but I was pulled away.

"Go find someone else Damon." Matt said sternly. I was wrapped in his arms, he was protecting me. Then he took my hand and pulled me in the other direction. I looked back to see Damon's face confused but normal. Not much later Matt offered to drive me home. He dropped me off and said goodnight. He was really sweet.

I went staight upstairs, not bothering with my parents, and into my room where I stripped from my clothes and hopped into bed. I had tried not to think about what I saw or what I think I saw. There was just something about the way his eyes changed. Was that even real? The whites of his eyes turned blood red and little veins appeared beneath them. Could I have imagined something like that? I began to write in my journal and slowly drifted off.
~*~*~*~*~*~

When I awoke the sun was pouring in, filling the room with unwanted sunlight. I moaned and rolled over to check what time it was. 12:35 PM. Dammit! Pam was going to be mad if I didn't get up. I got out of bed and threw on a tank top and shorts. I pulled my hair into a bun and then headed down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen where Pam was feeding Alexa.

"Hi there. Don't you look pretty today." I told the 11 month old. She was probably the cutest baby sister a girl could have. I grabbed an orange juice from the fridge and took a sip. The doorbell went off and I told Pam I'd get it. When I opened the door a wave of light hit me and I had to squint to see who it was.

"I know you saw me and Elena."

"Hello to you as well Damon."

"I just came by to make sure you're going to keep your little mouth shut. It didn't mean anything and I swear--"

"I'm not going to tell." I said calmly cutting him off. I could still picture those eyes. "Last night though, what was.."

"Don't worry about it. Are you going to invite me in?" He asked doing that side grin that he does.

I nearly laugh in his face, "Why would I do that? Besides I'm busy. See you around Damon." I shut the door and went back into the kitchen to help Pam with Alexa. I couldn't believe that he thought I was going to let him in after he threatened me.

I jogged up stairs and grabbed my phone. I searched through the contacts, found Elena, and began texting her. I told her that we needed to talk. I wanted to find out exactly what she intended to do with the Salvatore brothers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for commenting. I hope that I'm doing a good job! :D
Don't be a silent reader and tell me what you think!