Status: Active

A Love That Consumes You

It'll always be Stefan

Damon

I sat at the bar. My hand cupping a crystal glass of scotch on the rocks. I couldn't stop thinking about her. She seemed so at ease , even after she saw my eyes go red. She also didn't fall under my compulsion which meant Elena had given her vervain or she already knew about vampires. Elena swears she doesn't know. I have my own beliefs though. As soon as I heard Elena's voice I tuned in, my eyes never leaving my glass. They were silent for a long time. Neither one if them started talking till their drinks arrived.

"I saw you kiss Damon last night." Danielle said, her voice low. Elena sighed.

"I know."

"What? You know?" Danielle was confused, you could hear it in her voice.

"Damon told me." she explained.

"I just don't understand. Why would you kiss him if you are already dating Stefan?"

"He's great. I know I'm with Stefan and I love him, but sometimes I can't help but want to have the best of both worlds." Elena's words stung and I could feel her eyes burning into my back.

"So if you had to choose?"

"It's going to be Stefan. It'll always be Stefan."

I finished the rest of my drink in a gulp. I pointed to the empty glass and the bartender refilled it. I hunched over more. Elena's words stung more than ever. I know that she loves Stefan, but that kiss gave me hope that maybe, just maybe she'd choose me for once. Of course I still had hope. Elena wouldn't kiss me if she didn't have some sort of feelings for me. Would she? Would she stoop to the level of Kathrine? I finished off my drink once more and turned to leave but a girl was blocking my way. Danielle.

"I'm not in the mood to play games."

"Who's playing games?" she replied. I studied her eyes. A light brown with emerald specks. Was she not frightened of me? After what she saw? "I just wanted to tell you sorry. "

"For what?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Don't worry about it. " I realized she was quoting me.

She turned and walked away without another word. I watched as her crimson hair bounced just slightly with each step. Then I sighed and turned to Ric with a confused face. He simply shrugged at me.

"She's an interesting one." he said before drinking from his glass. I stood up, patted Ric on the shoulder and headed out. The sun was bright but dimming. I scanned the area. My mind was going a thousand miles a minute. Me plus drinking plus Elena drama meant not a good outcome. I spotted a young girl. Around Elena's age. She was sitting alone on a bench, brown hair flowing in the winters breeze. I approached her slowly, sitting next to her waiting to see if she'd say anything. She didn't.

"What are you doing out her in the cold?" I asked her, a friendly smile on my face. I didn't want to be creepy. Now a days everyone is a creep. Gentlemen just aren't real to women around here. The young girl laughed lightly.

"I guess I shouldn't be out here. I'm not sure I can feel my toes anymore." she replied as she began to shove the book she had been reading into her bag.

"I'm sure some hot chocolate would warm you up." I looked into her eyes and I could te she was already falling. A perfect time to strike. "On the other hand I could kill you. At least you wouldn't feel the cold anymore."

"Excuse me?" she was frightened now, standing with hesitation. I wiggled my finger at her.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I warned her before she turned and ran. "Why is it that they never listen?"

I let her run for a bit to get her out of town then I stopped her in her tracks. She screamed and I saw her life flash before her eyes. I grabbed her by her hair and pulled her head back revealing her flawless neck. I could feel the blood rushing to my eyes and my fangs come out. I sunk them into her flesh and she soon stopped screaming. It was just what I needed.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I awoke, sheets sprawled across my body. I rose slowly and touched my feet to the floor. Making my way to the bathroom was quiet hard. The sunbeams were drowning me with each step I took. I looked into the mirror, dried blood covered my mouth and chin and lead down to my bare chest. I hadn't bothered with cleaning myself up. I was to out of it after I burned the body if my victim. I didn't want Sheriff Forbes in my back about another vampire being in town. I turned the knob of the shower, making the water as hot as it would go. I stripped from the clothes that were left in my body and stepped in. The steaming hot water hardly effected me.

I stood in the shower for some time, thinking about Elena and Danielle. I couldn't get the girls out if my mind. How Elena was probably using me to get what she wanted and why Danielle would say such a bizzar thing. Everything ad nothing made sense. I cleaned the blood off of me and washed my body, stepped out of the shower and dried off. I wrapped the yellowish towel around my waist and walked out of the bathroom only to see Stefan leaning against my door frame.

"I saw blood on you bed." He said, brooding face staring at me.

"Yes Stefan, that us blood. In proud of you for knowing that. " I was being harsh on him.

"Did you kill someone?" He asked.

"What does it matter?" I squinted my eyes at him.

"I'm going out to get something to eat. Elena is suppose to stop by, tell her i'll be back. " I just nodded in return. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to deal with the girl.

I tossed the towel into the hamper and searched through my drawers. I slipped into a pair of grey boxer briefs and some black jeans just in time to hear a rapping at the entrance to my room. I threw on a grey t-shirt and turned to see Elena sitting in my bed.

"I think we should probably talk. " she said as I walked over to the nightstand and put in my watch.

"Should we talk about how you are turning into Katherine? How about Danielle? She knows more than anyone yet less than anyone." I was pretty angry at the beautiful young lady. I was so utterly head over heals for her yet so pissed at her. I shouldn't have to feel this way.

"I'm not turning into Katherine. We've kissed a few times. That doesn't make me her. She toyed with you for years. I could never do that to you. " she touch my arm gently. "I'm just trying to figure things out right now. As for Danielle, maybe I should tell her. "

"Do you think that's a good idea?"

"Well why not? I've known her long enough, since the beginning if school. That's three months. "

"I don't know Elena. Maybe she's a witch or better yet working for Klaus. " I suggested, peering at her.

"Then she'll kill me while we are hanging out. " she shook her head, clearly thinking that Danielle was harmless. I snorted and walked out of the room. I went down the stairs and into the living room all the while Elena was following me saying something about not touching Danielle or hurting her. I just poured myself a drink and sat on the couch. I wanted to say so much to Elena but I just couldn't. I wants her to be cuddled up next to me, her to kiss me without being worried if Stefan was around. Yet she sat 5 ft from me, knees pulled up to her chest. When Stefan walked into the room her face brightened and she ran over to him. He wrapped his arms around her and she did that irresistible laugh of hers. I looked away before their lips met. I got up and started waking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Stefan's voice stopped me. I turned to look at him.

"I'm going to get some lunch, brother. Care to join?" I was clearly taking about blood which brought disappointment to both Stefan and Elena's face. I just turned around and walked out the front door. I wasn't going to be there for their romantic time together. It made me want to gag just thinking about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. My computer is a bitch, I'm actually doing this from my grandmas phone. Hope it's alright! Thank you all for reading and don't be afraid to comment! :)