Status: Active

A Love That Consumes You

The Truth

"What are you getting at?" I asked Elena. We were sitting on her bed, her in front of me, legs crossed with a brown teddy bear. She brought me here because she wanted "to talk. " I felt like I was going to get broken up with. When she started talking about Damon I was more than confused.

"Well there's something you should know," she started. I wasn't about to interrupt her so I just nodded for her to continue. "Damon and Stefan aren't like us. They are much older and stronger. They don't eat regular food to survive." She paused and shook her head. "They are vampires."

Was I really going to believe that her boyfriend and boy toy were both vampires? It does explain why they are both irresistibly hot. Was that what came with vampirism? Did they burn in the sun? No, because they both went out during daylight and neither of them caught fire or sparkled. When Damon's eyes turned red was it because he was a vampire? All of it was swirling in my mind. I was trying to rationalize if try were vampires! Who does that?

"Are you joking with me? Vampires don't exist." I replied after some time to think. I couldn't just take her word for it.

"I promise I'm not joking. I'll prove it to you."

*~*~*~*~*

We were standing in Caroline's living room which wasn't making much sense to me. Shouldn't we be with the Salvator brothers? Elena was claiming they were the vampires.

"So you finally figured it out?" Caroline smiled.

"No I told her and she doesn't believe me." Elena said almost willing Caroline to do something. She just shrugged her shoulders and then her eyes went red. They had budging veins underneath them that flowed with blood. It startled me at first. I was a little taken back because I had seen those eyes before. They were Damon's.

Caroline did this hissy thing and stepped closer. I was willed to touch her fangs but wasn't exactly sure if she'd allow that. The blonde rolled up her sleeve and bit into her arm, blood started pouring. She licked it away but the wound was gone, vanished.

"Okay. You can stop now. I believe. " I said simply. Caroline's eyes went back to normal. She sighed and wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

"And just so you know Tyler is a hybrid. Vampire and werewolf. Also Bonnie is a witch. " She said.

"So you're telling me that everything that I've read in books and seen in movies are most liking real?"

"Basically. There aren't any fairies or anything, that I know of." Elena said. She seemed relieved that she told me. "Not all vampires are bad though. Like Caroline and Stefan."

"What about Damon?" I asked.

"He's bad. It's like he doesn't have a heart. " Caroline said. I looked over at Elena who was nodding in agreement. It was a little clear she was still deciding whether or not to believe that.

*~*~*~*~*

My had rested on a glass filled with sweet tea. The Grill had one of the best sweet tea's I had ever tasted. I was waiting on Bonnie because she wanted to discuss the plans for the New Years Eve party at the Lockwoods. Caroline already had her dress picked out and I wasn't even close to deciding which store I wanted to look in first. I felt a cool breeze and looked towards the door hopping to see Bonnie. Instead I saw Damon, who was a vampir and knew I knew his secret about him and Elena. His cocky smile irritated, and the way his eyes slithered over me just wasn't fair. I could only imagine what was underneath his clothes.

"Good afternoon Danielle. " he breathed in my ear as he rounded the table and took a seat. It left chills running down my back.

"Hello Damon. " I said calmly. I wondered what he wanted.

"So, I was wondering if you're going to the Lockwoods stupid party. "

"Of course I am. " I took a sip of my tea.

"You're my date. " he told me making me nearly choke on my drink.

"No. " I protested.

"Why not? Do you have a date already?" He asked. I could hear in his voice that he knew I didn't have one.

"Well no, but..."

"Good. I'll meet you there at eight." He stood and walked off.

"That's not really how dates work. " I mumbled as I watched him leave.