Status: Active

A Love That Consumes You

Little Secrets

I knew I was in for a chewing from Elena as soons as I asked Danielle to the New Years Eve party. That's what I wanted though. Not only that but Danielle was hot and I needed to get closer to her in order for her to really keep my secret.

I sat on the couch in front of the fire place. I knew sooner of later Elena would waltz in to yell at me for my choices. Sure enough I heard the fron door open and close. I knew it was Elena and she was pissed.

"How could you? Why are you taking Danielle to the party? Are you planning something?"

"Of course I'm not planning something. It's just a date." I said as I stood and inched closer to her.

"So you're just trying to play her." she was still really angry.

"No. I promise."

"You're trying to make me jealous."

"Well..." Then I kissed her. A hot, angry kiss full of lust. The best part was she kissed back. She couldn't contain herself. Elena pulled away though, out of breath.

"Where's Stefan?" she asked.

"Why does it all have to be about Stefan? Weren't you happy just now?" I was pissed off. Every single time something nice happened between us it gets blown to shreds because of Stefan. It all revolved around Stefan.

"Of course I was happy. It's just, I love Stefan." she said. I shook my head unable to even look at her anymore. With that she left.

It was pretty clear she loved Stefan, but how was I suppose to believe that she didn't love me either? I had hope for once that the girl would choose me. Why did it always have to be Stefan? I was much more better looking than him, that was for sure. And of course I was taking Danielle to the party to get a reaction out of Elena but that wasn't the only reason. she different and I feel like she could make some sort of change in the future. Whether that change was good or bad i knew it was going to happen. I could feel it in my bones.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I stood in front of the mirror making sure my tie was straight. It was new years eve and the party was tonight. I hadn't talked to Elena since that day we had a fight. Tonight would be the first time we will see each other since and I don't know how that's going to go. I slid the black tux over my shoulders. My tie was silve and my shirt was white. It seemed like I was making an effort to look nice. Was I? Did I want to impress Elena or was it Danielle?

"You look nice tonight." Stefan was leaning against the door frame. I turned around and grabbed my glass off the dresser.

"Of course I do. It's a party." I smirked and raised my glass slightly before taking a drink.

"I know you're going with Danielle. What are you trying to plan?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Lockwood's house was starting to get crowded. I could barely hear myself think with all the music and people. i scanned the crowd and my eyes landed on Elena. She was in a short red dress that cut low from her neck. Her hair was in waves of brown and her arm was wrapped around Stefan's.

I could feel the anger rise in me. If I was a pot I'm sure I'd be steaming. I was just so sick of Elena and Stefan. They were the cutest couple, they looked so great together, I must be so happy for them. NO! I was tired of it. I just wanted to get out of there and rip out someoes throat. I turned towards the door to leave but walking in was a beautiful girl. Her dress was silver and tight to her body. She had on a black leather jacket that she took off and handed to the boy who was tending the coat rack. Her hair was a straight waterfall of blood and her hazel eyes peircied me from across the room.

She walked up to me, confident yet not cocky. A smile spread across her face, revealing a gorgeous set of pearly whites. I bowed to her and she did a courtesy in return, giggling lightly.

"We aren't at a ball. It feels silly to courtesy when no one else is." she said toying with her necklace.

"They're just a bunch of mindless idiots. None of them can understand the importance of a bow and courtesy."

"Sometimes I forget the importance myself." she replied.

"Well anyways, you look good and all, but I was actually just about to head out."

"No way! I just got here and you're my so called 'date.' You can't leave." I shrugged. "Okay fine, but how about one dance?" Danielle asked biting her lip. What harm could one dance do?

We began dancing to a song I didn't reconize but it was up beat and east to act like fools. I couldn't help but notice the way Danielle's hair fell into her face and how she'd hold it up for a few seconds before letting it fall once more. Not to mention the way her hips moved to the beat. So effertless and sexy. Was I attracted to the girl? Could she be the cure to Elena? I tried to focus on the dancing but it was hard with a girl like Danielle so close to my body. Soon one dance became twenty and when I realized I stopped, a little out of breath.

"What?" Danielle said smiling. The song had stopped playing. The DJ was saying something about one more song and the countdown would began to the new year.

"You said one song, and it's been--" I started but was cut off by a small scream.

"I love this song. C'mon just one more?" She begged, flashing her gorgeous teeth at me once more. I narrowed my eyes at her, making her smile and take my hand leading me deeper into the crowd. Danielle began to sway her hips as I tried to do the same. We were so close to each other I could feel the heat coming off her body and into mine. I listened to the lyrics trying to keep my attention off the red-headed girl.

"I'm a killer, cold and wrathful. Silent sleeper I've been inside your bedroom. I've murdered half the town, left you love notes on their headstones. I'll fill the graveyards until I have you."

"Fitting isn't it?" she asked looking up at me. Could she read minds? How did she know I was even paying attention to the song? I just nodded in agreement, amazed with this girl.

We finished dancing to the song; our bodies practically touching. I looked down at our hands, fingers still intertwined. The crowd was counting. "5, 4, 3, 2, 1..." Confetti burst and Danielle looked up, smiling. I watched her; smiling myself. When our eyes finally connected I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers. She didn't pull away nor did her lips respond to mine but I kissed her anyways. I pulled away expecting a slap or something but nothing happened. Instead she looked off, past my body and into the distance. I turned to see what she was looking at. Elena stood with a drink in her hand, her face had an expression of horror and shock.

Fuck! How could I have forgotten that Elena was here, not to metion the fact that I loved her. Elena walked out of the house. I would have followed her but that would've raised suspicion. What have I done? I grumbled and turned to Danielle who was just standing there. When her eyes met mine she just shrugged and grabbed my hand. She pulled me out into the parking lot and stopped short of my car.

"Go get her." she said motioning to Elena who was walking across the field. I looked back to Danielle and shook my head. I wasn't going to let Elena control my life. I had a great night and she wasn't about to ruin that.

"I'll take you home."

"Now that's more like a date." I smiled at her response as she both got into the car. I drove her home, parking just ouside her house.

"You know Danielle, you--"

"Are pretty great?" she cut me off, smiling. I shook head ready to contiue but before I could she leaned over and pressed her soft pink lips to mine. I was stunned at first, never expecting that, but kissed back anyways.

Danielle pulled away and looked at me. "Come up with me." I wasn't a question but more of a demand. I nodded, speechless. She lead me to the side of her house and we climbed a ladder that led to a window. she entered first turning around to help me in but stopped and smiled.

"You have to be invited in right?" I nodded in response. why couldn't I talk? Was I to shocked at how absoluting amazing this girl was? Danielle began to walk away and I though she was going to leave me out there. She quickly turned around giggling, "Come in Damon." With that I jumping in and attacked her onto her bed. She screamed lightly with a laugh, rolling on top of me. She put a finger to her lips.

"My parents are sleeping." She stood up and turned around. "Unzip me." Once unzipped she faced me.

"Close your eyes." she whispered so that's what I did. I peeked slightly and saw her slip from her dress and put on a pair of shorts and a tank top.

Danielle climbed into the bed. I laid back and put one hand behind my head and the other around the red-headed girl. Her head rested on my chest and I felt like maybe it was possible to like someone other than Elena. I could stay in that position with Danielle forever.