Status: Active

A Love That Consumes You

A New Year

It had been nearly a whole month since the Lockwood's new years ever party. I had played that night in my head a thousand times hopping I did everything right. And by the looks of how things were going it seemed like I had done well. No matter what though I couldn't stop playing the night in my head.

Once Damon and I were laying in my bed we simply began talking. There was no pressure, no awkwardness, between us. He told me about his life and how all of this happened. He told me about Kathrine; although I could see it pained him. How could anyone be so cruel to a wonderful guy like Damon? But what did I know? I had only known him for a few months. Of course I knew almost everything about his life. I knew how much he truly cared for his brother. Damon didn't want to ruin his life. He loved him far to much. That's why he decided to stay away from Elena. Well that's what he told me.

My eyes opened to the sound of crying. It was Alexa next door. I glanced over at my clock and sighed at the three red digits. I would be late to school if I didn't hurry up. I got up and slipped on a pair of jeans and a black long-sleeved shirt. I rushed into the bathroom and brushed my hair and teeth. I applied mascara and then I was out. I grabbed my jacket, bag, and shoes before practically running down the stairs and into the kitchen. I planted a kiss on my dads cheek along with Alexa's who was getting fed.

"Need a ride Bug?" my dad asked using the nickname he gave me as a baby.

"No, um a friend is picking me up." I said as I slipped on my shoes and jacket. I hadn't exactly told anyone about Damon. It wasn't that I was ashamed, just that I wasn't sure how everyone would react. He was viewed as a bad guy in town and I was sure my dad had already heard about his reputation. With one last kiss to the cheek I headed out the door instantly see the light blue convertible parked on the street.

My smiled brightened as I walked off he porch and to the car. I got in and looked at the gorgeous driver who grinned with a raised eyebrow. I couldn't help but blush as those eyes slithered over me. He made me feel naked. I hadn't decided if that was a good thing or not.

"What?" I asked, running my fingers though my hair. I was starting to question if I looked good enough. Damon just made me so moonstruck. His eyes never left me as we sat thee. He finally shook his head.

"Nothing." his simple word send shivers though my body. I wished I could read his insane mind.

As we pulled into the parking lot I realized people would see us together. What would they thin? Would they think we are dating? Did I want them to think that? Were we dating?

"People are going to think we're dating." Damon said as she pulled into a parking spot.

"What's the fun if we can't rattle a few brains every now and then?" I smiled off the thoughts and reached down to grab my bag. Just as I was about to get out my door opened for me. I looked up at Damon.

"Did you use your speedy senses? You shouldn't do that. You could be seen."

"What's the fun if we can't rattle a few brains every now and then?" he replied. I pushed him playfully realizing he was quoting me. Damon chuckled, wrapping a leather-covered-arm around my shoulders.

We walked towards the school and I could feel every eye on us. Especially Elena's, Caroline's and Bonnie's as we passed their group. I couldn't tell if Damon looked at them or not. Would it matter if he did? I clearly knew what he felt for Elena and I was sure that hadn't changed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was stuck in my fourth period class knowing that any second Elena, Caroline and Bonnie would come walking in. It sort of sucked that I had to have a class with all three of them at once. As soon as they entered I looked away. I knew what they were going to say. They'd tell me how bad he is and that he's a liar and sneaky and only wants me for something. How was I suppose to sit through that? I thought of Damon as incredible and sweet and completely irresistible. Was Elena going to say that he was bad too? I knew damn well that she cared for him.

"Danielle who do you think you are?" Caroline instantly jumped in. I looked up at her cat-like eyes and shrugged. "Oh don't you shrug at me. We saw who you were with this morning. Are you asking for a death wish?"

"Caroline back off. We can't just come rushing at her with fury." Bonnie said. She was always the reasoning one. "Let's just ask her about it."

"Fine. What are you doing with Damon Salvatore?"

"Nothing. We are just friends."

"Is that so? You seemed a little more close that friends."

"Drop it Caroline. She says they are just friends. We should believe her." Elena said, clearly more was on her mind but I wasn't about to bring anything up.

"Gosh, I was just asking. Anyways, in the events that have occurred recently I think it calls for a sleepover."

"A sleepover?" I asked. I had never really been to one. I never really had many friends.

"Yeah, you know a bunch of girls eating and gossiping." Caroline smiled.

"Okay. At my house? My parents are going to be visiting my grandma this weekend."

"You heard it here girls. Slumber party at Danielle's. Eight o'clock tonight."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I paced my room trying to remember everything. I had food, drinks, music and.... What? Was I forgetting something? I had never had a slumber party. Did I need like drugs or something? I strutted over to my closet and stood on my tippy toes to try and reach the few board games I had. Board games were my guilty pleasure. I loved them along with card games. Monopoly, Sorry, Uno, Poker, Apples to Apples. I had them all. I sighed looking around my room for a chair because I was to short. I jumped slightly as I saw a figure sitting on my window seat. I turned around quick to see Damon, a grin on his face. I sighed and tilted my head.

"You scared me."

"I know. Need help?"

"Yes. Would you grab those games up there?"

"Are we having a game night?" He asked as he reached up and grabbed the boxes. I pointed to my bed so he could set them down.

"We aren't. Elena, Bonnie, Caroline and I are." I said as he walked over to me.

"Hmm, girls night. Nothing good comes from those. I assume they aren't pleased with us?" The look on Damon's face wasn't pleasant.

"Caroline definitely isn't." I played with his shirt, looking at his chest. "Elena didn't say much..."

"No need to worry about Elena. Things are going to be different now." I glanced up at him, his pale eyes on mine. What was that suppose to mean? I heard a car door and nearly fell over.

"You have to go." I pleaded with Damon to not make a scene. He sighed and kissed my forehead before disappearing out the window. The instant the door bell rang I ran down the stairs. I quickly check how I looked in the small mirror and then opened the door.

"Hey!" Bonnies voice blew over me with a gust of wind. I smiled as I lead her in, hugging her. Almost the second I closed the door the bell rang again. This time it was Caroline, blonde curls flowing around her shoulders. I smiled at her as she stopped in the doorway.

"Right, you haven't been over. Please come in Caroline." I gave her a playful smile. Out in the dark I saw another car pull up and someone get out.

"Elena's here!" Caroline called from the kitchen. How did she get in there? I welcomed Elena in before closing the door and locking it.

After all the small talk we went up into my room. I turned on some music that was easy to dance to. We danced around the room, laughing and just being plain silly. We ate a bunch of chips and ice cream along with other junk food. It all seemed so easy. I was worrying for nothing. I had taken a bottle of Champaign from my parents stash and poured everyone a glass. Eventually we did each others nails and just passed the time as best we could. When we had done basically everything we could think of the talking broke out.

"Okay I've been dying to ask. What's with you and Damon? Anything serious?" Bonnie asked innocently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, comment, comment!