Status: Active

A Love That Consumes You

Dirty Secrets

"I don't really know." Danielle's voice was confused but something in it sent an ache through my body.

"C'mon Danielle. We saw how close you and Damon were walking next to each other." Bonnie said.

"Well since the new years eve party we have just been hanging out, talking. I feel comfortable around him. He's special."

"Wait a second. Are we seriously talking about the same guy? He tried to kill me! All of us actually. He's awful and if you're stupid enough--" Caroline stopped talking as Danielle cut in.

"He isn't bad! I'm sick of everyone saying that he is. Just because he has done stuff in the past doesn't mean he hasn't changed." Danielle was actually defending me. I slouched in my car seat and took a deep breath. I didn't know how to process this news. She thought I was good. Was I? I mean, I was listening to their conversation a street away in my car. Was that so wrong?

"Danielle he can't be changed. He can't even love. There is no way you can love him yourself."

"Yeah? Tell that to Elena!" Shit! It was bound to get out some how. I was actually a little relieved that Danielle was the one to do. Although it stung that Elena wasn't going to admit it herself. She said she loved me. Was it all lies?

"What? Elena?" Bonnie and Caroline both said.

"Yeah. She's been having a secret relationship with Damon for a while now. She's been lying and cheating." Danielle's voice was cruel and full of venom.

"It's not what you guys think. I care for Damon but I'm not with him. I love Stefan and Danielle just thinks she know everything." Elena said.

"Well it looks like she knows more than we do." Bonnie said. I could hear the pain in her voice. She felt betrayed.

"I wasn't meant to happen. It's over. Me and Damon are over. I was just testing some water."

"You were using him? Testing the water? He's not some doll, he has emotions you know!" Danielle said.

Elena and I were done. I could accept that. I knew that. Did I want that? Danielle liked me for me. She wasn't ashamed that she was with me. She stood up for me, said I could feel. I wasn't some monster everyone said I was. I killed to survive. I lost myself in that and cut off my feelings. It was so much easier than living with regret and pain. I just can't control it all the time! It was just too much sometimes.

I started my car and drove off. My mind racing with thoughts. I couldn't control everything that was going on in there. Instead I tried to focus on the road. It kept leading me further and further out. I stopped when I felt like I was far enough from town that I couldn't be heard and just breath for a moment. I got out of the car and walked out into the middle of the road. My fist clenched into fist and my breath was deep. I screamed a terrifying scream, it seemed like it went on forever. Once I couldn't scream anymore I slumped. I dropped to the ground and lay there, left to just stare up at the stars that peeked through the clouds.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sun was high in the sky when I walked through the front door of my house. Sitting in the living room was Stefan, drinking some scotch. I threw my jacket on the back of a chair and stepped into the living room. I wasn't sure if he had found out about Elena and I. Last time he heard I kissed Elena he punched me in the face. I could only guess that maybe this time he'd try to kill me.

"Good morning little brother." I said casually.

"Damon." He said before taking a sip from his drink.

I started to pour one from myself before I heard Stefan's hyper speed behind me. I turned around just in time for him to stab me with a wooden stick. It was just below the heart, I wished he had aimed higher.

"You missed once again, " I winched as I pulled it out. "I take it you had a chat with Caroline? Or was it Elena?"

"What the hell is wrong with you Damon?"

"I'm dead?"

"Stop trying to be a smart ass Damon. This is serious. Stop trying to take my girlfriends. Oh and I didn't miss, you are just lucky that I didn't want to kill you just yet." With that he walked out, slamming the door behind him.

"Dammit, I really liked this shirt." I said before taking it off and tossing it on the couch. It'd have to go into the trash just like half of my shirts did. I really did get stabbed a lot. I plopped down on the couch and grabbed a glass that already had Scotch in it. Sighing I drank it. What had my life become.

"Hello Damon."

"Great, now I have to deal with a British asshole."

"That's no way to welcome a fellow vampire." Klaus's voice spoke as he walked in front of me. What was he doing back in town? This was only going to cause more and more trouble.

"That's exactly the way to welcome and 'fellow vampire'. What do you want? Stefan and I aren't your slaves you know?" I said standing up to face the beast.

"Slaves, no, but I know you guys want to keep this town safe so you'll just have to listen and do what I say or I'll kill everyone."

"Go ahead."

"Danielle and Elena will be the first." I squinted my eyes at him. There was no way he knew about Danielle already.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I'll inform you later." Klaus said before walking out. This wasn't going to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments and all of you have subscribed. Keep it coming!