Status: Active

A Love That Consumes You

The Beast Inside

The day was almost over and here I was sitting and wasting the final daylight away. Sitting at the bar at the Grill wasn't exactly what I wanted to be doing. I wanted to see Damon. Tell him that no matter what people said I believed in him. He had to know that.

It had been nearly a week since the sleepover with Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie. I wasn't sure if word had gotten around to Stefan that Elena was messing around with Damon. To be honest I wasn't sure about anything anymore. Since that night only Bonnie has spoken to me. It wasn't even about anything important. Just the stupid valentines day dance that was coming up this Friday. I didn't even care about the dance. I just wanted to know where the fuck Damon was. He hadn't talked to me since that night in my bedroom. I didn't understand. Was he mad at me? Did I do something wrong.

"Care for a drink?" my thoughts were interrupted by a smooth and beautiful British voice. As I glance over I was surprised at the man's beauty. Shaggy but not long, blonde hair. A scruffy five o'clock shadow that was made up by brilliant blue eyes.

"Sorry, underage." I told him. Although he was beautiful I wasn't exactly keen on strangers approaching me.

"That's alright dear, how about a dance?" I glanced around the bar. No one was dancing and as it was getting late slower and slower music was starting to play. As I looked around the room I caught sight of Damon sitting at a table, watching closely. What was he doing? Ignoring me for days and then showing up and not saying anything? Did he think that was acceptable?

"Fine. Once dance but don't touch me too much."

"That's good enough for me."

We walked out to the middle of the dance floor. It was completely empty beside me and this stranger. I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing. I wasn't like this. I shouldn't be out here to just fuck with Damon. It was wrong, but we were already here. He was so close to my body and I couldn't already feel Damon's eyes burning into me. I couldn't turn back now.

"What's your name?" I asked softly. I didn't want to be to loud since we were so close. And I knew Damon would be listening to every word.

"Klaus." he said, moving his hand to my lower back.

"Interesting. I'm Danielle. What are you doing in Mystic Falls?"

"Business. It's also kind of home I suppose. I move around a bit," Klaus spoke softly. I concentrated on his hand. I could feel the roughness, and every ridge. "You caught my eye though. It's hard to miss someone as beautiful as you."

"Is that so? It's very kind of you to say that." he chuckled as we swayed in rhythm. It wasn't everyday that you stumbled upon a British man in Mystic Falls. There was something about him though. His charm was strong and hypnotizing, he was light on his feet, and he seemed to want something.

"What are you thinking my lovely?"

"That you must want something." I told him.

"Why would I want something?" We separated slightly so that he could look at me.

"I'm not sure. I just know that's why you're dancing with me." As soon as the words left my mouth he gripped me tighter. I winced slightly, not showing any fear because I wasn't scared.

"I want you to be a message. I need Stefan and Damon's help. They don't want to cooperate so I have to take matters in my own hands," His eyes pierced mine as we stared at each other. What did he want with Damon and Stefan. Clearly he was a vampire but why did he need them?

"Get your filthy hands off her." Damon. I took a deep breath as our stare broke and we both looked over at the man I had started to fall in love with.

"Ah, yes. Damon how kind of you to join us." Klaus released me to Damon who pushed me behind him. "Now to business, shall we?" he waved his hand over to the bar. Damon squinted his eyes before turning to me.

"Get out of here."

"But--"

"Now."

I began to walk away, overhearing just a portion of their conversation. Something about someone coming to town to kill everyone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The walk home was cold and dark. I was pissed at Damon and Klaus. I didn't understand and they were just pushing me away. Klaus seemed like a bad guy and Damon was mixed into it somehow. Was that why Damon was staying away from me? He could have at least explained!

I walked inside the warm house. Pam and my dad were on the couch watching some reality TV. show I wasn't really aware of. Alexa must have been already in bed because I didn't see her. I slowly made my way up to my room where I threw my bag on the ground and paced the room. I turned on the radio, not to loud so I wouldn't wake my sister. Demons by Imagine Dragons came on and I lost it. I took a pillow, wrapped it around my face, and just screamed as much as I could. When I was done I peeled the pillow away from my wet face and saw Damon standing by my window.

His face was twisted into a hurt expression. He walked over to me, pushing the hair away from my face and pulled me into a hug. My face pressed against his chest and I knew I was safe. I didn't want to be safe though. I wanted to know about everything. All the things that he did. The people he hurt and why he was mixed in with Klaus. With a last breath of his body I pushed him away.

"Danielle." his voice was soft, caring.

"Don't. I can't do it anymore. Where were you? You left me for a week, just like everyone else because I stood up for you. Elena doesn't love you! She told us all that it was just some mistake. You are just "so bad". " I couldn't stop myself. I just came out. But was this what I was going to get because I gave Damon a chance? He was pushing me away and I knew it. "Why do you have to push the one person who cares for you away?"

"I'm not pushing you away."

"Yes, you are."

"Fine. You want to know why? Because I'm bad! It's always been that way, it can't change. Don't you see. On the outside I'm just like everyone else. On the inside, theirs a beast waiting to explode! Anyone who gets close to me, anyone I care about, gets hurt or turned to shit. I don't want that for you. You may be the best thing to happen to me and I can't handle knowing you are going to get crushed." Damon's eyes were watery and I could tell that he was upset.

"I don't care if I get hurt. I just want you by my side when it happens. That's IF it happens. I want you here." This time I pulled him into a hug. As we pulled away I looked him straight into his lovely eyes and then kissed him. A passionate kiss at that. It had been too long since our lips touched.

"I think I love you Danielle. I don't want you getting hurt."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After such an eventful night Damon and I were shot. We got into bed and laid together, resting our minds. But I couldn't get Klaus out of my head. I need to know what he wanted from Damon and Stefan.

"Damon?"

"Hmm?"

"What did Klaus want?" Damon let out a long sigh.

"There's a Vampire/Witch coming to town to kill Klaus and anyone who gets in his way."