Status: Active

A Love That Consumes You

Be Prepared

"Klaus, come back to bed." The firey red headed girl cooed from the king sized bed. Klaus chuckled from his spot by the window. The town was beautiful at night. He had always gone in the middle of the night to stare at the skyline when he couldn't sleep. It was a peaceful sight that cleared his mind for a while.

"I'll be right there, darling." He told the girl that he had began to fall in love with. The night sky could wait a bit longer. For now he would curl up beside the one person who made him feel loved. The one person who he truly believed cared for him.

He crawled into the bed, nesting his face into the hollow of her neck. Her giggles echoed in his head as he pressed light kisses across her collar bone. Their lips met and for a second it was as though they were alone in the world. They had each other and that was all they needed. "I love you Lizzie." he whispered in her ear. He truly did.

They lay there for a while, silent. Lizzie's head rest on his chest, toying with his shirt. She took a long, deep breath before breaking the silence. "I love to breath you in." Not seconds after she spoke did the door crash open and the scream of Lizzie illuminate in Klaus's head, over and over for centuries to come.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Klaus awoke, sweat drenched his shirt and the scream, of the girl he loved, rung in his head. He walked into the bathroom and splashed water onto his face. He wiped the water as well as the nightmare away with a pink hand towel. The thoughts and feelings were pushed away. He had business to do.

With Adrian coming to kill him he had a bit on his plate. Since the last time he saw him, Adrian had been practicing Black magic. Not only was he a vampire he was a witch. Meaning he had sort of an advantage against him and all other vampires.

Back when Adrian was just a regular old vampire he starved for more power. He was never satisfied with Klaus's power which caused him to hate Klaus as much as he hated the sun. So Adrian decided it was time for a change. Being Klaus's right hand man wasn't enough for the bastard so he went on a killing rampage. Killing most of the staff, the villagers, and one person Klaus will never forget. It happened over many decades as Adrian grew more and more powerful with the dark magic he began to swell up with.

Klaus buttoned up the cuff of his sleeve as Rebekka entered the room. "Where are you going so early Niklaus?" she asked as her fingers dusted over the objects in his room.

"Well if you must know little sister, I'm going to complete the plan to kill Adrian once and for all."

"Can I come? I'm always in for a good fight."

"Not this time, love." Rebekka pouted as Klaus left the room. He was going to meet up with Stefan and Damon at their place. Of course it wasn't a planned visit so he hopped they were ready. Who was he kidding? He didn't care if they were ready or not.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Klaus walked into the house. It was quiet for the most part. He walked into the living room and found Danielle and Damon cuddling up to one another on the couch. Her feet curled under her, head resting on his chest. "Oh, how cute."

"Do you ever knock?" Damon and Danielle asked in union. She smiled over at him, pleased that they thought the same thing.

"Actually, no. Why knock when you know who's going to be on the other side? Get Stefan." Klaus demanded as he walked over to stand in front of them.

"He's hunting." Damon said.

"So? We have business."

"Fine. I'll go get him," he said standing. "I'll be right back. No more than five minutes." He told Danielle before approaching Klaus. "If you touch her, I will find that white oak stake and kill you." He growled at the older vampire.

Once Damon had disappeared to find Stefan Klaus plopped down next to the girl. Her red hair brought back so many memories. For a while he just looked at it's waves. "Why are you starring at my hair?"

"It's nothing dear. Just brings back memories, that's all."

"Yeah? What kind of memories?" Danielle asked intrigued. As though she thought he didn't have any memories to look back on.

"What's it matter? It's none of your business." He said, his hand reached up to touch his necklace but he stopped himself before it got up there. Danielle was studying him though and noticed the movement. She had seen him wear that necklace a lot. It was as if he didn't take it off. She knew she had to see what was in the locket. It was important to him and so maybe it was his weakness. Soon Damon and Stefan returned and during the midst of all the arguing and planned Danielle managed to swipe the necklace's locket, leaving the chair behind. It wasn't too hard. She had some good pick-pocketing skills. It was only a few seconds that she got it open without Klaus realizing it was gone, but within those few seconds she saw something that would change everything she thought about Klaus.

Klaus snatched the closed locket out of her hands, hoping that she hadn't gotten it open to see the inside. He'd have to pay more attention to her. "Watch yourself darling," he warned before returning to the Salvatore brothers. "Inform the witch and then meet me Friday. Be prepared."
♠ ♠ ♠
I was slacking a bit on this. Decided to throw in some Klaus in third-person. Let me know what you think?