Fin

this is fact not fiction

She didn't know what to do after he left. So, she cleaned. And then she went to bed. When she woke up, she went to work. When she came back home to an empty house, she cleaned again. And then went back to bed again. The routine continued for a week.

On Saturday, when she didn't go to work, she went to the coffee shop to change the scenery. She ordered a small Americano and sat down at the table and stared out the window. Nothing was coming to her mind except what she would do when she got home. Clean, maybe? Go to sleep?

"Lydia!" A voice caused her to break her train of thought and she looked up.

"Uh," she furrowed her eyebrows.

The man chuckled and said, "We met here a little while ago. You spilled coffee all over me? I gave you my number–which you never called me, by the way," he grinned.

The actor.

"Oh," she said. "Hi. James, right?"

"You remembered!" James continued grinning. When her smile faded, he furrowed his eyebrows and said, "Is everything okay?"

She smiled, sadly, and said, "Just stuff, I guess. Relationship stuff."

"Oh," James sat down. "Wanna talk about it?"

She shook her head. James nodded his head, understanding, but he stayed put. And she was glad he did. His presence was enough to make everything feel just a tiny bit better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought I'd give him a face. James.