Status: Not sure if I am any good at this I quit writing stories years ago. Honesty would be appreciated!!!

A Whole New World, A Whole New Life

My Father.

I woke up with a bit of a start from a nightmare that I am all too familiar with. Every night I dream of the day my father was killed, how his hands felt in mine as he drew his last breaths how quickly they went from warm to cold in a matter of seconds.

I looked at my surroundings we were camped out in the forest, I've been traveling with Kagome and her friends for almost a week now. They were nothing but kind when they offered to let me tag along, Sango and I have become close, I am very fond of her. Miroku, although I still think he is a pervert I find him nice enough, and I'm starting to think that him and Sango have a bit of a thing for each other. Although I am not too sure they are aware of it themselves.

As for InuYasha, he is the only one that didn't seem too fond of the idea to let me come with them he said that I would just slow them down, which at first I agreed I didn't want to get in the way and be a burden. I told them if they led me to the bone eaters well I could just go home. So before they left for their journey that's where we went, but when I jumped down expecting to be returned home I just ended up bruising my bottom and getting dirt all over my clothes.

When I climbed back up Kagome and the others we quite confused and we were unsure why I couldn't go home, we decided that maybe there is a specific reason why I am here but I don't know what that reason is yet. Hopefully, I find it soon because I'm starting to get homesick and I'm missing Kiku.

As I looked at my surroundings from my sleeping bag and I stood and started walking into the forest I wasn't going to go far, just enough so I can still see the glow of the camp fire. I was sure to be quiet so I wouldn't wake the others, as I walked I found a tree that was perfect for climbing I jumped and grabbed onto the lowest branch and hoisted myself up with surprising grace, I climbed a little further up the tree and sat down and leaned against the trunk with one leg bent against my chest so I can rest my head on my knee and my other leg dangling down from the branch.

Suddenly, I heard a quiet meow and looked down and saw Kirara staring up at me with her head to the side, I smiled to her as she meowed again and started climbing the tree to me. I opened my arms as she jumped to my branch and she landed in my arms and started nuzzling my face I giggle and nuzzled back.

"Hello there little one, I guess you can't sleep either huh?" she meowed and licked my hand before climbing from my arms and into my lap she curled in a ball as I started gently stroking her fur with my hand as I stared up at the stars. I started thinking on my nightmare, more accurately my memory of the day my father was killed.

It was one of the few days my father had off from work, and he decided he wanted to take me out we were walking out of an ice cream shop after our walk in the park around lunch time. We were crossing the street because the pedestrian crossing light said it was safe. As we crossed a car came and ran a red light my father pushed me out of the way just in time before he was hit, the driver slammed on his breaks and stuck her head out the window with a look of pure horror then just left. I got a good look at her face as she drove off quickly I ran to my father who was lying there in a pool of his blood his breathing was shallow and his clothes were ripped, I grabbed his hand and screamed for someone to call an ambulance. An older lady said that they were on their way but I knew they weren't going to get here in time. I grabbed my father's hand and begged him to hold on, to not leave me. He looked at me with a look of pain, hurt, and love in his eyes I told him to hold on for me.

All he did was smile and told me that he loved me and no matter what he will always be with me, that even though he wouldn't be here physically that he will always be there for me in my heart. I told him to stop speaking nonsense that he would be alright, he had to be alright. But as I sat there beside him I could feel him slipping away, he died in my arms the ambulance got there a second too late.

That day has never left my mind, I miss him every day and wish I could somehow get him back, but I knew that was impossible. I let started wiping at my face not realizing that I started crying, Kirara stared up at my confused and nuzzled her face into my hand I smiled down at her as she stared up at my with a look of concern plain in her eyes.

"I'm alright Kirara, no worries." I sighed and looked up at the stars again as I stared up at the beautiful sky I felt sleep take me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with Kirara no longer in my lap, I was still in the tree in the same position I fell asleep in I could hear people shouting and calling my name. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and stretched I remember coming up here after my nightmare and fell asleep. I guess the others must of woke up before me and found me gone. I hope I didn't worry them too much as I heard Kagome and InuYasha calling my name once more I swung my legs over the side of the branch.

"I'm over here guys!" I shouted out as InuYasha came into to view followed but Kagome. They looked around with what looked like confusion.

"I could have sworn I heard her." Kagome said scratching her head "Up here!" I shouted again this time they looked up. I waved as InuYasha's and Kagome's confusions seemed to grow bigger.

"Kyoko! What are you doing up there?" Kagome yelled up as InuYasha jumped up to my branch with ease.

"We've been looking everywhere for you! How did you get up here?" InuYasha said with what sounded like annoyance. I raised an eyebrow like isn't is obvious?

"Uh, I climbed how else?" I said as I started climbing down InuYasha following my by simply jumping and landing on the ground without a sound..... How the fuck does he do that? oh yeah, he's half demon.

"How long have you been up there Kyoko?" Kagome asked me and I reached the bottom.

"For most of the night I woke up cause I had a nightmare and I came and sat in the tree and I guess I fell asleep. I'm sorry if I worried you guys." I said sincerely.

"I'm just glad you're alright did you sleep okay up there?" Kagome said giving me a hug. "It was nice enough. So what are we doing today?" I asked.

"More traveling." InuYasha answered with pure boredom. "Oh okay." I said kind of disappointed it seems like that's all we ever been doing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys for not updating in so long and then posting this but hey it's better then nothing!

Thank you to all my subscribers and readers!!!

Oh and one more thing.... One of the multiple reasons why I haven't updated in a while is because I'm kind of stuck on it. Like, I've worked on it before actually posting something but I wanted to do a little more but I knew I had to update eventually. So I ended up just posting this chapter where honestly, nothing really happens although you do get a look into Kyoko's passed a little.

So this is where my new idea comes, I would really like it if I could get a co-writer on this. Someone that can help me with ideas for this story and someone that can help me jazz up the summary a little more. Someone that when I'm stuck can pick up the slack, I'm looking for someone to not just write their chapters and be done with it, someone who is willing to actually work with me 50/50. When they write a chapter they let me read it before it is posted and if I think something should be changed I will voice my opinion about it although I will not force them and say "hey you have to change this." And then I will let them read my chapters before I post it and they can tell me what they think and if they think anything needs to be changes. I will take my partners idea into consideration if they are willing to return the favor with my ideas. Any ideas I have for this story will run it by them before I do anything and vice versa.

If there is anybody out there who would like to co-write this with me send me a message.

But I will not pick the first person that comes to me I would like some things about you and your writing ability that will qualify you.

1. I would like to find someone that has written Sesshomaru stories before. Ones that are on your profile so I can read them and see what they're like.

2. Someone who is good with grammar, knows where to put correct punctuation, and spelling is correct.

3. Someone who can write in the same style and point of view as I do. I'm writing from Kyokos point of view not a narrators point of view. It will be confusing for other readers, so I would like to find someone whos writing style is similar to mine!

I would really like to get a co-writer on this with me. I hope to find one soon! I hate being stuck and I would hate to have to delete this story.