Status: Active As Long As You Want It To Be...

All Time Hunger Games

"I Swear, These Games Will Be The Death Of Me"

“Allleeeexxxx....Jaaaacccckkkkk,” Rian sang over and over while he jumped up and down on the bed they were sharing. “Wake up sleeping beauties! We’re arriving at the Capitol today!” Alex groaned and rolled over, trying to ignore Rian. Jack, who did the same, pushed Rian off the bed. “Go awayyyyy mom, five more minutes!” Jack complained. “Fine then!” Rian got back on the bed, landing on top of the two boys, his knees on their chests. “Rian.... you’re..... crushing...my...lungs...” Alex barely managed to speak, the weight of Rian’s fatness killing him.

While Rian laughs as Alex and Jack try to squirm their way out from under him, John opened the door, on his way to wake them up. “Jack. Alex. Really guys, you need to....” He stopped talking instantly when he caught sight of Rian on top of both Alex and Jack, who were moaning loudly. He spun on his heel and walked straight out the door, muttering to himself how he should really start knocking first.

Rian turned just in time to see John stalk off, before shoving them off the bed. “Happy Rian! Okay! We’re up now!” Alex yelled, smacking Rian with a pillow but he just laughed. Rian ran over to the fully stocked dresser and rummaged through it, throwing miscellaneous articles of clothing at them. “Get dressed! We will be at the Capital really soon!” he commanded..Jack put his hands on his hips. “Damn, I was really planning on wearing my birthday suit on this fancy occasion.” he said with a chuckle. Alex rolled his eyes and grabbed a pair of pants from the floor, heading off to the bathroom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“GUYS! GUYS! WE’RE HERE! OMG WE’RE ACTUALLY HERE!!!!” Rian yelled to the others flagging them down to come look out the window. Effie loved Rian’s enthusiasm. Now the others, she couldn’t really care less about, probably because they didn’t give a damn either. Her heels made loud clicking noises as she walked over to Rian as he was gazing out the window and says “Isn’t it beautiful? Everytime I come back home I’m just flushed with happiness. I love the Capital.”

Rian wasn’t paying attention though. He was too busy admiring the beautiful Capital, filled to the brim with massive skyscrapers that disappear into the clouds. All the buildings were made out of the finest white marble, the sun’s rays making everything sparkle. Rian couldn’t find a patch of grass anywhere, not even a lonely tree growing in the sidewalk. Even so, the view was breathtaking, leaving him speechless. The only thing that really freaked him out was how everyone was dressed like Effie. They were in every color under the sun, with large, eccentric hats and neon bright makeup. Rian had never seen anything like it before. How could an entire city WANT to look like freaks all the time? It was like an entire city of Lady Gaga wannabes. “I will never understand fashion,” he thought to himself.

While Rian and Effie were enjoying the view, the others were discussing what comes next for them with John. “Prepare yourselves. When you get off this train people will bombard you with questions and want to know everything...” John started to say. “Ah, we’re used to it. You know how it is when you’re in a band.” Alex responded, putting his feet up on the coffee table like a boss. John eyes narrowed as he shot Alex a look; being interrupted was his biggest pet peeve. It was the one thing Effie and him had in common. “But you know the drill, don’t tell them anything. Save it all for the interview. We can wow them then. We’ll discuss what you're going to say in the interview later.” Jack and Alex exchange glances with each other, shrugging. It’s like they're still on the tour, just without the hot fangirls.

The train came to a halt soon after John gave them a slight briefing they didn’t need. “We’re here!” Rian squeals as he hops excitedly to the door, waiting impatiently for it to open. Alex looked over at Audrey, who was sitting close to him on the couch. She had gone white, her skin so pale it was practically translucent. “Are you feeling okay?” Alex asked, taking her hand in his. Audrey didn’t notice, just continued to stare at the floor with wide eyes. “Yeah...” She says breathlessly. Audrey looks up into his warm brown eyes, whispering “ I’m scared Alex.” He moves closer to her on the couch, rubbing a circle with his thumb on the back of her hand. “I promise to always protect you, don’t worry.” He murmurs in her ear. Audrey gave him a slight smile to show she believed him, but she shaken to the bone with fear. Alex wraps his arms around her, letting her rest her head on his shoulder as she sheds a few tears. When she pulled away, Alex stood up, still holding her hand to provide her comfort.“Ready?” Alex asked her, pulling her to her feet. “As ready as I’ll ever be” she commented back.

Everyone eventually made their way over to the door where Rian was standing just as it opened. As soon as it did, flashes of camera lights bombarded the tributes. Alex was still holding Audrey’s hand and he knew he never wanted to let go. The feeling of having her right there next to him was comforting, because in all honestly he was scared as hell too. The two exchanged an “Are you ready for this?” look and took the first steps to their possible death. It was a scary thought for all of them. This could be the end.

The band swam through a sea of reporters and other people who wanted to question them and get the inside scoop before anyone else in the Capital did. Jack was more than willing to tell them everything they wanted to know; he would do anything for his fans, even if they didn’t know him by his music. He would even sign a few autographs in the process, he knew it would make someones day. And that is exactly the reason why John was by his side at all times, warding off the people. He was worried Jack would cause trouble... and knowing Jack, he would find a way regardless.

The crew arrived at the Capitol building, quickly running inside and closing the heavy marble doors. “Well,” Effie huffed while adjusting her wig, “That was quite the hussle and bussle. But that’s half the fun!” Everyone just rolled their eyes at her. John wasn’t the only one annoyed with her at this point.

The tributes aimlessly wandered around the solid white atrium, filled with mixed emotions. The walls were bare aside from the occasional portrait and there were a few marble columns spread out on the floor, but for the most part, it was just a big empty room.

Since everyone was so busy being oh so amused by all the blank nothingness they were surrounded by, no one noticed the two men who came into the picture. “Eh, hem!” The older man cleared his throat loudly to get everyone’s attention. John immediately walked up to him gracefully and shook his hand. “Boys! Audrey! I would like you to meet President Snow.” The older man had a starch white hair and beard, to match the rest of the Capitol building. Audrey’s eyes grew wide with shock, and a slight tinge of fear. “Mr. Snow it is such an honor.”
All four boys were staring at the old man, thinking the same thing, “When did they replace Obama?” John quickly interrupted their thoughts to introduce,“Oh I’m sorry. And this is Seneca, the game master.” The boys very concentrated and confused focus shifted to the younger man. He was slightly shorter than Snow and had dark brown, almost black hair with a uniquely shaved beard to complement it. “Rian! You should shave your beard like that!” Was of course the first sentence to come out of Jack’s mouth as he noticed the beard. Rian rubbed his scruff, which wasn't much of a beard, feeling kinda embarrassed. “ I don’t know Jack...” He trailed. “Well you boys can take that up with your stylists, they’ll tell you what to do.” Seneca informed the boys.

A Peacekeeper approached the group then, saying formally, “President Snow, sorry to interrupt sir, but you are needed in your office.” The Peacekeeper’s voice was deep, threatening and strong; he sounded like he would pull out a gun and shoot you at any given moment if you made the wrong move. Snow turned to the group, “Nice to meet all of you and happy Hunger Games. May the odds be ever in your favor.” He said before walking away swiftly. Seneca took Audrey’s hand and planted a gentle kiss on it. “It’s a pleasure to meet you,” he whispered, using his never ending charm. Audrey turned scarlet, surprised but flattered, yet unsure of what to reply. Alex, standing beside her, was fuming. There’s no way this guy can just swoop in and take his woman, even if he was some important guy in the Capital and had a cool beard. Well, TECHNICALLY she’s not really his woman, but same difference. The man who was incharge of their lives shouldn't be flirting with her! Shouldn’t that be illegal or something?! “Alex? Lex? Sexy Lexy? Earth to Alex!” Jack calls, waving his hand in front of Alex's face. Alex snaps back to reality, blinking a few times to readjust his focus. “Dude, you ok? I’ve never seen you turn that color.” Jack states, giving him a worried glance. Alex shook his head, not returning the look. “Yeah, I’m fine. Hey John, where’s our rooms? I’m kinda tired.” Alex pretends to yawn, noticing that he ruined the moment between Audrey and Seneca.“That understandable, it’s been quite a day for you five.” John responded, looking at Rian who woke up the whole train at the early hours of the morning that day out of excitement. Rian puts his hands up “Hey, don’t look at me, you were gonna wake us up anyways.” John rolls his eyes and starts walking, calling over his shoulder, “This way everyone.”

John led the group of six to the District 12 quarters. “Ok, Audreys room is on the left right here, and the rest of you can pick any of the remaining rooms. They’re all exactly the same, so it really doesn’t matter which one you choose, so don’t bother fighting over it. Later, Effie and I will come and get you for dinner. Make sure you all look presentable.” John looks over the boys, his eyes resting on Jack as he spoke. And everyone but Jack seemed to notice.

The Capitol building was a lot larger than the train, so Jack and Alex didn’t need to share a room anymore. Alex was relieved. Don’t get him wrong, he loved Jack, but Alex just needed some alone time right now. Alex stepped into his room, and he felt his stomach twist as he took in the sight of it. The room was the complete opposite of the rest of the building. There was color everywhere; it looked like Effie had decorated the whole thing. Or maybe she just exploded in there, and this was the result. There was not a single thing that was a plain, easy to handle color, and all the outrageous designs made Alex a little sick, giving him a headache.

Alex flopped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. He couldn’t stop thinking about Audrey. Her soft amber eyes, tan skin, the way her hair always laid perfect along her back. She was beautiful. And she didn’t even know it.

Alex sighs, and almost as if on cue, Jack opened the door. “Knock, knock,” he calls, letting himself in. He sat on the bed next to sprawled out Alex and they entered a long silence with Jack staring at Alex who was staring at the ceiling. Only Jack and Alex could not say or do anything and know exactly what’s on each others mind. Jack laid down next to Alex, playing with his hair and knowing something was wrong. “Dude, what’s been going on with you? You haven’t been yourself at all lately.” He took a long pause, realizing Alex wasn’t going to reply, he continued, “Stop shutting me out, Alex. We’ve been best friends since the seventh grade, you know you can tell me anything.”

“I know Jacky. I don’t mean to shut you out. You know how I get when I’m thinking. I just don’t even know anymore. I swear, these games will be the death of me.” Usually Jack would laugh at an unintentional pun like that, but even he know this wasn't the time nor the place for his wittiness.

Jack took a minute to gather his thoughts. He thought about the love song Alex was writing on the train and immediately Audrey popped into his mind. It was a total joke at first, but now it all made sense. “Alex, it’s going to be okay. I won’t let anyone hurt her or you. We’re all going to somehow make it out of this okay.” Alex sat up and looked at Jack with sad eyes. It was clear now he had been crying before Jack walked into his room. “I just can't lose her Jacky, not now, not ever.” Jack pulled Alex into a tight hug. Alex was hurting and Jack couldn’t stand to see him like this. He decided then and there that he would keep his word no matter what the cost. Even if it meant giving up his own life. He would do it for Alex.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audrey always loved being alone since it gave her a chance to think. She really hadn't been alone much since the reaping, which was a good and bad thing. She was always with the boys who were quite distracting, but she really didn't mind. Distractions are what she needed right now. Audrey didn’t want to think about the games and what was next to come. She was terrified.

Audrey tried to think about everything, since she might never have a chance like this again, but one thing kept tugging at the edge of her thoughts; Alex. Every time she was upset or wanting to cry, he was always there to comfort her, but in all honestly he didn't know the half of it. Alex was naive, he didn’t know what this was really going to be like, not like she did. And yet, somehow, always having him by her side gave Audrey hope.

Audrey’s thoughts drifted back to dinner, since her stomach growled, so she decided to take a shower. She walked into her private bathroom wearing a fuzzy robe she found in the closet. Truthfully, she had never taken a shower, let alone ever used hot water. In District 12, if you wanted hot water, you would heat it yourself, and since there was no running water, you had to get all your bath water from the well or the rain. For Audrey, that was too much of a hassle just to be clean, but today, it was a treat. She hopped in and turned on the very soothing shower head. It massaged her back as she relaxed and rinsed off. This was the exact thing she needed to get her mind off of things.

After about forty-five minutes of water pouring down her back, Audrey figured she would save some water for the rest of the Capitol. She toweled off, put back on the warm fluffy robe and went to go find something to wear. Like the train, the dresser and closet was fully stocked. There was every single article of clothing a person would ever want in it. Honestly, she didn’t care what she looked like. She didn't have anyone to impress. Completely forgetting Johns instructions to look presentable, Audrey just threw on a pair of sweatpants and a gray V-neck t-shirt. Just as she was about to shut the door, something caught the light and sparkled inside. Wondering what it could possibly be, Audrey pulled the dresser door out farther and pushed the clothes aside to reveal a small golden pin of a bird with an arrow. She picked it up and marveled at it, thinking it was the most beautiful thing she has ever seen, before she attached it to her gray shirt.

Audrey was too busy admiring her new pin in the mirror to hear the knock at the door. Effie barged in to let her know it was time for dinner, before whisking off to get the boys. Audrey quickly skipped out of the room, excited to see what other surprises the Capitol would have in store for her. Maybe being in the Hunger Games wouldn't be so bad after all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearly Rain, Zack, and Alex wouldn’t be eating anything during their stay at the Capitol. Just like the train, the food looked inedible to everyone but Jack. He continued to stuff his face full of random “food like” substances, while the others looked at him with their faces contorted with disgust. “Jack! How can you eat that stuff?” Zack asked, shaking his head and thinking about how sick Jack’s going to get. “I don’t know. When I’m hungry, I’ll eat anything!” Jack exclaims as he continues to loge food into his mouth.

Audrey, who was running a little late, skipped over to the table to join the boys. Alex immediately stood up and pulled a chair out for her next to him. He leaned over to Jack and and whispered “Doesn’t she look beautiful?” Jack cocked his head and looked her up and down, checking her out fully. Her light auburn hair was in a tight wet bun on top of her head and she was wearing a gray shirt and sweatpants. Sure, she got some brownie points for showing a little cleavage, but there wasn’t much up there anyway. He swore he had the same pair of sweatpants back home too, but he didn’t want to make Alex feel bad so he looked at him and replied “She’s gorgeous.” Alex didn’t even hear him. He was too busy practically drooling on the table.

“Hey guys!” Audrey smiled as she sat down. “Look what I found.” She pointed to a small gold pin on her shirt. “ Isn’t it pretty? I love it! I found it in my room. I wonder who it belonged to...”

Audrey continued to ramble on about her newest prized possession and to be honest the only one who was really listening was Alex. “Don’t you agree?” Audrey says, smiling at him. He loved her smile. “Completely. What kind of bird is that?” Alex asks, pointing to her pin. “Oh, I think it’s a mockingjay. I’ve never actually seen one, but I’ve seen a picture of one before. I’m really glad I have this, maybe it’ll bring us good luck.” Audrey looks at him with hopeful amber eyes. “It will. And between me and all that good luck, you’re going to make it out of this alive. I’m sure of it.” Alex takes a piece of her hair that’s fallen in front of her face and gently pulls it behind her ear. She blushes a little and looks down at the floor, while Alex’s fingers linger on her skin. “Audrey...just in case I never have another chance to say this, I want you to know that I think you’re beautiful.” Audrey looks up at him, her stomach filled with butterflies. Alex just stares at her a moment longer, before looking away, his face turning red, and trying to focus on something not Audrey related.

Meanwhile, everyone else's attention was focused on the other people also having dinner around them or the food they were still stuffing down their throats. At the surrounding tables sat a bunch of other kids around the same ages as the band, with some exceptions. Some of them looked tough, some looked smart, and others look completely unqualified to be competing. One person in particular seemed to rub Rian, Zack, and Jack the wrong way. He was tall, muscular, and had devilishly handsome good looks.

At this very moment, the guys became nervous and afraid. For the first time in the last few days they started to really doubt themselves.What if none of them made it out of this alive? What if this truly was the end of All Time Low?
♠ ♠ ♠
RIAN IS NOT FAT! That Is The Only Problem I Have With This Chapter.... Sorry It Took A Long Time To Post It, There Was A Lot Of Editing On This And It's Not The Only Fanfic Some Of Us Are Writing Right Now, But If You Comment More, I Promise To Update Faster! ~ Kelsey