Status: Active As Long As You Want It To Be...

All Time Hunger Games

"Jack, Take Off Your Pants!"

From the moment Jack woke up, he knew something wasn’t right. Yes, it was three in the morning and pitch black out, but that wasn’t it. He is used to waking up with the same warm body next to him, sleeping oh so soundly. Right now, there was no one there. He was alone.

Jack immediately rolled out of bed to look for his roommate. Still groggy, he checked the bathroom. Nope, not there. “Where could Alex possibly be” Jack asked himself, then he thought of Audrey. Maybe he went to check on her last night, to make sure she's ok or something.

Jack opened his bedroom door and checked if the cost was clear. He didn’t want to concern anyone by Alex’s disappearance. He tiptoed down to Audrey’s bedroom and peeked in. All he saw was the young girl he had come to know sleeping soundly, alone (and in minimal clothing.) Jack continued to watch her sleep, peeking his head in through the door.

John walked past Jack, who was still watching Audrey sleep. He shook his head and thought to himself how he should have expected this from Jack.

“Jack! What are you doing?!” John whispered, the most stern whisper Jack had ever heard. “Um.... nothing! Just... um.... checking on Audrey” Jack said very hesitant trying not to let it slip that Alex was missing.

John shook his head. “Well shes fine! Now go back to bed” he ordered.

Jack nodded and closed Audrey’s door. He walked towards his bedroom, but as soon as John’s back was turned, he continued his best friend hunt.

Trying to be as quiet as a mouse, which in Jack’s case is almost an impossible mission, he walked into the main foyer of the District 12 quarters. He panned the room, checking every square inch, when something caught his eye out one of the far windows. It was the head of a guitar and the tip of a bennie.

Jack walked over to the window, unlatched the hinges and climbed out to sit next to the person on the roof. Immediately, the person on the roof turned to him, wiping the tears from his eyes.

“Alex, what's wrong? I was worried when I woke up and you weren’t there” Jack told him.

Alex was still weeping ever so slightly, having a hard time getting the words out he wanted to tell his best friend. “I don’t know if I could do this” Alex managed to say in between heavy breaths.

Jack pulled him into a hug, pulling him as close as he possibly could, trying to help Alex calm down. “Everytime Audrey is upset, you give her a hug when really I think you’re the one who really needs it” Jack said to the sobbing boy in his arms.

Alex was absent of words. Everything he wanted to say, he couldn’t manage to get out to the one person that knew him better than anyone else and wouldn’t judge him for a second. Instead, he said nothing and let the tears run down his cheeks and soak through Jack’s shirt.

Alex remained in Jacked arms for a long time. “You know I have a hard time using my word to express myself” he told Jack.

Jack smiled, releasing Alex so he can see his face. “That’s why you have always been an amazing songwriter” he said, laying Alex’s head on his shoulder.

Alex smirked, appreciating the complement. He picked up his guitar and strummed it. “I came out here to clear my head, to try to escape from everything that’s happened the last few days.” Alex sighed again and wiped away a few more tears with his sleeve.

Alex started to play the intro to Therapy. Immediately, Jack smiled, remembering how every time when he would play this song at a show the crowd would go wild. “My ship went down, in a sea of sound. When I woke up alone I had everything” Alex sang.

Jack remembered how every time Alex had played this song, Jack would feel like crying. Watching Alex sing always made him feel so happy. It made Alex happy. Maybe it was just the fact that whenever Alex was happy, so was Jack. That’s what made them best friends.

“ In a city of fools, I was careful and cool, but they tore me apart, like a hurricane.” Right now, Alex was upset, which like almost always, made Jack upset.

“ A handful of moments, I wished I could change, but I was carried away.” Jack felt tears welling up in his eyes. How could it have not phased him before. His best friends wouldn’t be around and with him much longer. HE might not even be around much longer. No more Rian. No more Zack. No more Alex.

“My lungs gave out, as I faced the crowd. I think that keeping this up could be dangerous.” Alex continued to sing, each verse getting more and more emotional about the song. Jack was completely bawling.Just the thought of losing his best friend tore him apart.

“Therapy, you were never a friend to me.You can choke on your misery.” Alex sang the last line of the song and looked into Jack’s wet, puffy eyes. He put his guitar down and wrapped Jack in his arms. He stroked the back of Jack’s head, playing with his half blonde, have brown hair. Alex leaned into Jack and whispered into his ear. “This time, you're the one who needs the hug.”

The two boys remained on the roof, together and comforting each other about what was to come. “WHERE THE HELL IS JACK AND ALEX” they both heard yelled from inside. Cleary, John was looking for them. Sadly, their gime reality had come back to both.

“WERE OUT HERE” Alex yelled back obnoxiously inside. “We should probably get back to the others” He suggested. “This day has to start eventually.”

Not even giving Jack enough time to respond, Alex was already climbing into the window of the capitol building and out of sight to go find the others.

Jack remained for a moment, watching his best friend walk away from him. “I won’t let anyone hurt you Alex” he whispered to himself. “They will have to come after me first!”

“Jack are you coming” Alex asked poking his head from around the corner.

Jack straightened himself up and wiped his nose on his sleeve. “Coming” he said flashing Alex a quick smile before climbing back into the death palace he was calling home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breakfast was awkwardly quiet for once, the only sound being of Jack accidently clinking his fork and the plate together as he pilled the food into his mouth. The aroma of sadness filled the room. The rest of the boys attempted to eat, even though the butterflies in their stomachs made it almost impossible. Not to mention how unappealing the food looked. They knew this maybe the last time they get to eat a full meal.

John cleared his throat in hopes of breaking the silence in the room, but no one appeared to notice, or care.

Jack gave a little squeeze to Alex’s knee, grabbing Alex’s attention off his barely touched plate. Alex’s eyes were still a little red and puffy from crying this morning. Something about his eyes now, though, made Jack smile. There was a spark of hope that were visible in his eyes. Maybe, just maybe, he’d find away to win this game. All five of them will make it out alive, or at least him and Alex would.

Alex gave Jack, a small, but warm smile. He gave Jack’s hand, that was still on his knee, a tight squeeze as if he knew exactly what Jack was thinking. Then they both went back to eating. This was something that happened quite often with these two. They could understand everything the other was thinking with just one glance or gesture. They were best friends.

“So, Jack you’re very quiet today? I like this.” John said, once again trying to break the silence.
“Uh,yeah.” Jack stuttered, subconsciously rubbing the back of his neck, “There’s a lot of things that are running through my mind...Like will I ever get to see my mom again? She’ll never know what happened to her favorite son or... or...What will Alex’s mom do without me! I know she’s already dying without my loving!” A small smirk appeared on his lips.

Alex quickly elbowed him in the ribs, “Shut up. My mom hates you, ever since you burnt down our Christmas tree in 11th grade.”

“That’s what she wants you to think.” Jack gave Alex a wink, and the whole table began to laugh. But that quickly died and became gloomy again.

“Since the games start today,” John began, “I thought you’d all like to hear some advice.” Audrey and the boy’s heads snapped up. Looking at the man with eggar, yet nervous eyes. John let out a small, nervous laugh. “When you first get out there, you’re going to be very tempted to run and get weapons and such from the cornucopia.”

The tributes nodded their heads to let John know they’re listening, “Well, don’t. Run. Run as far away as you can. It’s more important you find shelter and water. Alright?”

“Wait,” Alex interjected, subconsciously twisting a little chunk of his hair, “Does this mean we have to split up?” Audrey grabbed Alex’s hand in hopes of calming his nerves. Alex’s simply smiles at her and gripped her hand tighter.

“Well, allies are good to have.” John started, “but I wouldn’t have too many of them. Remember, there’s only one winner. The rest will die eventually.”

The smile on Alex’s face was no longer visible and he pulled his hand away from Audrey’s. Death. Death. Death. Everything seems to lead to death, a topic Alex was way familiar with, losing people close to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jack, take off your pants!” Portia said while trying to get the boys ready for the games.

“Usually its the other around” Jack stated, raising his very bushy eyebrows. “But if you want me that bad....” he said, while starting to unbutton his very tight pants.

Portia stared, rolling her eyes at his obnoxiousness. “No!” she said with the blankest face a woman had ever given Jack.

“Oh I get it” Jack whispered seductively. “It because people are watching. I’ll find you later in a closet so and these pants could come down all the way.” he winked.

Portia sighed. She shook her head thinking how shes going to miss Jack least of all. “Jack, you need to put on these pants.” She said holding up a pair of loose cargo pants.

“But I love my black skinny Jeans!” he cried, hugging his legs. “If I’m going to die, I want to die in my favorite pants!” “You can’t put me in ‘loose pants!’ Only Rian wears cargo pants!”

“When he isn't wearing those freakin sparkly bathing shorts!” Alex shouted from the corner of the room where Alex, Zack, and Rian were all sitting awkwardly on the tic tac sized couch.

“Hey!” Rian said, defensively. “Sorry I like comfortable!”

“Shut up Rian! They’re unamerican!” Jack said, sitting in the fetal position, refusing to take of his pants.
“You’re right!” Zack said checking himself in the full size mirror, “It’s aMERICKan!”

“Okay, how come he get’s to wear form fitting pants!” Jack complains.

Portia looked Zack up and down before replying to Jack, “Because he’s actually attractive.”

Jack made a shocked face, his mouth wide open as everyone in the room began laughing.

“Close your mouth, Jack! I don’t want a blow job right now.” Alex said with a straight face making everyone laugh harder.

Jack’s pouted and hand crossed his arms, “I’m attractive...”

“Yes. Yes you are, Jack” Rian said patting Jack’s back, comfortingly.

After many minutes of arguing about the cargo pants, he finally gave in and said he’d change his pants.

“Ouch!” Jack quickly pulled his hand out of his pocket, “ What the hell is so damn sharp in my pocket!” He reached back in pulling out the small mockingjay pin he received from Audrey a few days prior.

“Jack...” Alex began, “have you been wearing the same pair of pants this whole week?”

Jack looked down while rubbing the back of his neck, “Uhh... maybe.”

“That’s gross, bro.” He said elbowing the skunk haired boy in the ribs.

“You’re just jealous because Audrey gave me this pin instead of you.” Jack stuck his tongue out.

Alex gave him a death glare, angry that he would even go there. Before anyone could even bring up Audrey, Portia snatched the pin out of Jack’s hand. “Where did you get this?” she asked.

Jack shrugged. “Audrey gave it to me. I think she found it on the train of something. She said it would bring me luck.”

Portia continued to analyze the gold pin. “Well then it’s a good thing you have it then.” she told Jack, putting it into the large, baggy pockets of his cargo pants.

Jack put on a wild smerk. “I knew you wouldn't be able to keep you hands out of me pants.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The silence was even more awkward than breakfast was that morning. Even Jack was absent of words. John, Portia, Zack, Alex, Rian, and Jack were all in the preparation room, minutes before the games would start.

Rian took a deep breath. “So, this is it guys.” he said leaning against the wall with a look of amazement on his face.

John walked over to the boys and put his arms around Zack and Alex. “Well, you guys are as ready as you will ever be and I just want you to know...” John looked back and forth between the four tributes he had come to love. Secretly he always cared about the boys.They actually reminded him of him when he was younger. He would do everything he could to help even one of them come out alive. But he would never tell them that. John Lennon doesn’t show affection.

“John...John?” Portia asked waving her hand infront of his face, trying to get his attention.

John blinked and few times, coming back to earth. “Oh sorry” He said, realizing he never even finished his statement. “You boys know Portia, Effie, and I will do everything we can to get you sponsors, but you also have to pull your part here too.”

The boys nodded knowing they had to make themselves seem desirable on camera. “Don’t worry John. Everyone loves me!” Jack said popping the collar on the jacket Portia made all the boys.

John rolled his eyes, ignoring Jack for the last time. He handed each of the boys a black tablet. “This year the capitol wants to see more of your personal side. So, you guys can use these, really for anything.”

Alex flipped through the pages of apps on the home screen. “Guys, there’s a note pad and a guitar app. Looks like my song writing won't suffer.” As soon as those words escaped Alex’s mouth, a thought popped into his head. He might never be able to write another song again.

“30 seconds till countdown.” a voice said over the intercom of the capital.

Alex, Jack, Zack,Rian, John and Portia all looked at each other with a sad expression on all their faces. It was too bad Effie, Cinna, and Audrey were all in a different holding room. It would have really been nice to share the moment with them.

A tear began to roll down Johns cheek. “Good luck guys. We’re rooting for you.” He barely managed to choke out.

Alex lex out a deep sigh and pulled John into a hug. Silence remained to flood over the room as the other boys and Portia joined Alex and John in a large group hug.
“10 seconds till countdown.”

Everyone released their grip from the loving hug. “You boys better get ready.” John said nudging his chin towards the clear tubes that would bring them to the arena.

John and Portia walked over to the far end of the room away from the tubes. All four boys stepped onto their individual platforms.

“5.... 4....”

Alex leaned his head out the tubes, stopping the door from closing. “John!” He said loud enough to get his attention.

John looked up, wiping the tears in his ducts. Alex gave him a smile. “Thanks. Thanks for everything.” Alex said, creating a smile to appear on John’s face.

“3....”

The platforms rose, revealing all the other tributes, arranged in a circle around the cornucopia. Alex immediately spotted Audrey, who was shaking her head and mouthing “Don’t do it!” Alex turned to Jack and gave him a quick nod.

“2.... 1... GO!”
♠ ♠ ♠
So Yeah. Some people wanted Jalex. So this chapter is very Jalex. It's probably only going to be a bromance... hard core bromance XD
Also Sorry This Was Ment To Be Posted Sunday XD But There Was One Part We Were Having An Issue Writing And It Was A Busy Week.
Also, The Three Of Us Went To The All Time Low Concert Last Night! Gaaaah! XD I Caught Alex's Guitar Pick... But I Like Dropped It Right Afterwords. And My Bra Made It On The Mic Stand. Oh And Jack Wore The Hat We Made Him. Oh And Jack Hugged My Friends Mom. And Well Yeah There's A Lot More I Could Fangirl About But Chances Are You Don't Care And Hate Long Author Notes...
Lastly,

***So Anna and I are in the 'For Baltimore' singing contest and we would really love it if you could vote for us! Woaahkelsey http://www.topblip.com/contest/bracket/186/4521#_=_ We're Losing Pretty Badly ***

I Love All Of Our Beautiful Readers, And If Your Read This Long Authors Note You Get A Cupcake.... 2 If You Voted For Anna And I XD ~ Kelsey