Status: Writer's Block on my other story.

Scars, Stripes and Kisses

Acid Burns

I walked into the silent house. It was eerily quiet in the living room. I could hear Tisha's breath as she slept above my TV.

"Adam?" I couldn't hear anything.

All I heard was a splash and a sudden burning sensation. Adam was smiling. His cheerful grin was slowly killing me as I slipped away in to unconsciousness.

-

The sunlight filled my room as I awoke. The house was quiet. I could hear the beep of my phone screaming at me. I hated it. I filed a report. That couldn't cure the scars on my cheek and my arm. I sat up and looked in the mirror my brother left me.

There was a note that said 'you are beautiful Briles, I love you.' I smiled and realized I was still beautiful l despite the scar. I peeled off the bandages to see what it looked like.

Swollen. Red. Scabbed. I could see out of my right eye. I was thankful for that. Max and Sam walked into my room with smiles and flowers.

"Come talk at Sam's school. They're having a 'Stop the Violence' thing. I want you too and the principal said it was okay," Max smiled and Sam sat next to me on the couch.

"Oh fine. One condition. You guys will let me go without my bandages. I need to be strong," Max kissed my forehead where the injury met clean skin. His short, black hair was in my face.

Sam resembled him almost perfectly. Sam had deep blue eyes and a bright smile, only his hair was longer. Max was taller with short hair and more muscle tone. I was the middle sister. I was stronger emotionally. They knew what Adam did. They smile and say I am beautiful because I fight the urge to cry.

I smiled at the boys and sunk down into my warm blanket. They were up to something and I knew absolutely nothing about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Physical relationship abuse sucks. Especially when they stoop so low as to throwing acid. I have never had it done, but I feel like this could help someone too.