I've Tried So Hard to Tell Myself You're Gone

One/one

Louis huffed as he made his was down what was the cobblestone path. It was covered in a thick layer of snow, causing Louis's feet to be soaked and the fact that he wasn't wearing socks made it ten times worse. He didn't care though he made his way to the same spot he's been going to, for the past three weeks. 

"Damn you mother nature." he mumbled. 

As if she heard him, a bone chilling gust of wind blew towards him. He dug his gloved hands further into his pocket and kept walking to his destination. He knew where he was going, hell there was trail that lead to it since that's where he's been going everyday. When he reached his destination he just stood there.

"Hello." he said in a low husky voice. 

He didn't get a respond, of course he didn't expect one. He stood there studying the small figure like he did everyday he came. 

"He asked about you today." he continued, his eyes following ever crevice on the figure. 

"Niall said he is just like you. He could brighten anyone's day. He also looks just like you." Louis sniffled as he felt the tears start to come up. 

The cold air bit at his cheeks but he ignored it and closed his eyes. He couldn't hold back the tears, he let out a strangled sob and let the tears start flowing down his cheeks. He fell to his knees in the snow and ignored the freezing cold that now surrounded the cold. His face was now in his hands as the tears kept falling.

"Oh Hazza." he breathed out trying to calm back down. 

Louis jumped as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see caretaker, Louis sighed. 

"Time to go kid." he said and Louis stood up. 

He didn't want to leave but he knew he had to, he would be back tomorrow anyways. 

"Bye Hazza." he whispered as he looked down once more and then at the marble figure of an angel. 

The caretaker escorted Louis off the premises. 

"You know I've seen you here everyday for the past three weeks. That must be someone special." a bit of sympathy in his voice. 

"Yea he uhm...died in a car accident." Louis mumbled.

"That's to bad. I guess I'll see ya tomorrow?" the caretaker said as he closed the gates and wrapped the heavy metal chain around it then locking it with a padlock.

Louis nodded before walking back to his flat. He arrived shortly after leaving and was bombarded by the tiny boy. 

"Daddy!" he exclaimed hugging Louis's leg which was soaked from the snow. 

"Edward, did you act good for uncle Niall?" the three year old nodded. 

"He was an angel, we even made cookies." Niall ruffled Edward's curls.

"Yea! And uncle Niall ate them all!" Niall have him a scowl playfully before he grabbed his jacket. 

"Alright I need to get home, Liam is probably worried about me." Niall joked before leaving. 

Louis thanked him before the door closed. Edward was still at his legs smiling up at him. 

"Did you talk to the angel?" Edward asked a small smile forced itself on Louis's lips. 

"Yes I did and he says he misses you very much." Louis then lifted the child to take him to bed. 

"Can I see da angel?" Edward asked with a yawn.

"One day." Louis whispered as he laid the boy down on his bed. 

He gave him a kids on the forehead before walking out of the room. He made his way to his room, stripped to his boxers, then got into bed. The exhaustion of the day hitting him before he finally fell asleep.

"NO LOUIS YOU ALWAYS DO THIS! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME OR EDWARD ANYMORE!" Harry spat at the older boy who was behind the wheel. 

"DONT YOU DARE SAY THAT YOU KNOW I FUCKING CARE ABOUT THE BOTH OF YOU!" Louis yelled averting his eyes from the road. 

The three year old was crying in the back seat as he heard his parents argue. Harry and Louis kept arguing until it finally happened. It happened all to quickly if you ask Louis but it still happened. Edward was luckily sustained in his car seat as the car jerked forward then started to flip. Once it finally stopped Louis could move, well he could but it hurt like hell. 

"Harry?" Louis looked at the passenger seat which was empty. 

He then made the struggle of turning around to the back. There was Harry wrapped around the three year old making sure he didn't get harmed. Louis let out a small croak of pain as he unbuckled his seatbelt and then reached out for Harry. He had a blank look on his face, all life was clearly gone in the body and Louis let out a strangled cry. 

"I love you Hazza." Louis whispered as the sounds of the sirens for louder and closer. 

However no matter how much Louis tried to convince himself that the paramedics could do something. They couldn't and it was to late.