Never Ever Ever

I remember when we broke up the first time

“Leah!” my roommate Alicia yelled from downstairs. I groaned, rolling over in my bed again. “Leah! Wake up!”

“What could you possibly want at eight in the morning?” I mumbled into my pillow. Alicia continued to yell my name until I finally stood up, walking down the stairs. I walked into our kitchen, and began to make myself a coffee.

“I made some tea,” Alicia said to me.

“I hate tea,” I laughed.

“You’re such an American.” She teased, shaking her head.

“Yeah, yeah.” I laughed back at her. I had been living in London the past four years. I had moved here to be with my dad when I was 16, and ended up going to University here. My mother and sister Monica still lived in America, but I had decided to go with my dad when my parents spilt up.

“So I was just reading the paper.” Alicia explained. “Look who’s back in town.”

I glanced at the paper and sure enough there was a photo of One Direction leaving the airport. They had just returned from their first world tour. In the past six months, One Direction had become increasingly popular. This was both good and bad. It was good because I hadn’t really had to see Harry since our breakup because on his hectic schedule. The bad news was I could hardly pick up the paper, watch TV, or even walk outside without seeing him or having someone recognizes me for dating him.

Dating Harry hadn't been entirely awful. When it was good, it was great. Harry had me completely wrapped around his finger, a fact we were both well aware of. We were the epitome of the On and Off couple. We both knew how to push eachother's buttons and did it quite frequently. We both liked to go out and have a good time, which led to much alcohol, which often led to public fighting and arguments. Usually, our breakups didn't last long, until one of us decided to apologize first. The distance caused a real wedge between us. Jealously took over and eventually we stopped talking almost all together-just casual phonecalls and such.

We finally broke up after I heard about him drunkenly hooking up with a random blonde in Australia. I called him the next day, breaking up with him. I ignored his calls for the next two weeks until he finally got the picture that I was serious. We hadn't spoken since.

“Great,” I fake smiled to Alicia. “I’m sure there exhausted.”

“Do you think you’ll see Harry?” she asked.

“Nope,” I shrugged, not wanting to get into it.

“I’ll believe it when I see it,” she smirked, not believing me.

“Well, I am dating Cullen now.” I replied, and she rolled her eyes. “What? Cullen’s a good guy!”

“If good guy, you mean spoiled brat…” she trailed off.

“He’s not spoiled. He just has a lot of family responsibilities and such. He has a lot of stress from his father to take over the family business.”

“If you say so,” she smiled. My phone began to ring and I looked at the I.D.

“Speak of the devil,” I said. Sure enough it was Cullen. I flipped the phone open and said “Hey”.

“You said devil, not me.” She muttered under her breath. I shook my head at her, shushing her. I knew once she and Cullen actually got to know each other, she’d be fine.

“Hey babe,” Cullen said from the phone.

“What’s up,” I smiled.

“I’ve got to go into the office for a few hours, but I’ll try to make it in time for that party tonight.” he asked.

“Yeah, you don’t have to go if you don’t want. Alicia will be there, too.” I responded. The party he was referring to was one for a good friend of my Nick Grimshaw. I had met him while Harry and I had been dating, and we quickly became close. Of course, it was slightly awkward because Harry and him were still good friends.

"No, I'll try. I'll call you when I'm done with work."

"Thanks," I said, taken aback. I knew how much Cullen hated parties like these and the whole London society/celebrity thing as a whole. We said goodbye and I ended the phone call to Alicia giving me a weird look.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you think it's a good idea to bring your current boyfriend to your ex-boyfriend's friend's party?"

"Harry and I haven't spoken in like months. It's totally over."

"You don't think Styles will get the least bit jealous seeing you two together."

"He shouldn't. He has no right to after him hooking up with the blonde." I spoke bitterly.

"Hey, I agree with you! I'm on your side!" she laughed. "I'm just looking out for you."

"I'm just hoping Harry and I will be able to avoid each other tonight. If I didn't love Grimmy, I probably wouldn't be going at all."

"I'll help you." she laughed. "We'll come up with some signal every time he comes near and we'll go to the loo and hide."

I laughed, shaking my head at her silliness. "Good idea."

"I still bet you'll be together within a month and Cullen will be long gone."

"You're crazy! Harry and I are never, ever, ever getting back together."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hii... so I rewrote the first chapter! Hope you like it! Leave a comment if you'd want me to continue (:
xoxo