Never Ever Ever

When you said you needed space, what?

The next day I woke up at about eleven o’clock in the morning. I sighed, turning over. I had a killer headache and desperately needed to find some Advil. The memories of last night filled my head, well at least that which I could remember. I recalled briefly talking to Harry, but being interrupted by Cullen. Finally, I pulled myself out of bed, and headed downstairs into the kitchen. I was surprised to see someone in the kitchen.

“Um, hello?” I asked, question in the tone of my voice.

“Oh, hey Leah, feeling better?” he said, as if we were old pals.

“Sorry, do we know each other?” I asked, tilting my head to the side. I mean, he looked kind of familiar, but I had no idea why.

“I’m Josh,” he laughed. “You probably don’t remember meeting me last night. You were a little out of it.”

“And you’re in my kitchen because?”

“Oh,” he coughed, a little uncomfortably. “I stayed here last night with Alicia. “We-“

“Ok,” I nodded, interrupting him. I didn’t want to hear about that. I suddenly remembered that this was the brunette I had seen her with earlier in the night at the bar.

“Do you remember last night?” he asked curiously.

“Bits and pieces,” I mumbled, grabbing a water and Advil. I sat on the counter. “Why did something happen?”

“Well,” he started, but was interrupted by Alicia coming into the kitchen.

“Good morning,” she said, cheerfully. She wrapped her arms around Josh’s neck. They looked sickly cute.

“Hi,” I laughed at her, rolling my eyes in the process. “So, Josh, do you go to Uni here?”

“Nope, I’m actually-“ he started, but Alicia covered his mouth with her hand, giving him a look. “Oops,” he looked guilty. “I forgot.”

“Great,” she shook her head. “now you’ve done it.”

“What’s going on?” I asked, confused.

“I’ve got to get going,” Josh said quickly. “I’ll call you.”

“Bye,” smiled Alicia. He kissed her quickly before walking out the door.

“You like him,” I teased her as she watched the door close.

“Stop,” she laughed, blushing.

“So what does he do?” I continued. “Is he unemployed? I mean, it’s ok. I dated that one guy, Paul? Remember him? He lived with his parents still! Can’t be worse than that?” I laughed, trying to assure her.

“No, he has a job.” She said vaguely.

“So what does he do? Starving artist? Dog-groomer? Male escort?” I waggled my eyebrows at her.

“He’s the drummer for One Direction,” she blurted out, face turning red. I paused, shocked. I was not expecting that.

“Oh,” was all I could muster up.

“I didn’t know when I first met him. He only told me this morning. I hope that’s okay though, Lee, because I think I actually like him.”

“It’s fine,” I assured her. “I mean, it’s weird. But he seemed nice enough.”

“I’m sorry. I know it’ll be weird for me to be dating your ex’s friend.” She said, looking guilty.

“It’s ok. I really am over Harry.” I said, standing up and going upstairs.

“It would be ok, you know, if you weren’t.” she said quietly. “He’s been apart of your life for a while, and you kind of ended things funny. I wouldn’t blame you if you felt confused about the whole situation.”

“He talked to me last night.” I confided.

“No!” she gasped. “What’d he say?”

“Typical Harry. Acted normal for a while, tried to get me to go home with him.”

“What’d you say?”

“That I was done with him.”

“He took it well I assumed?” she said sarcastically.

“Not exactly. We were interrupted.”

“By?”

“Cullen,” I replied. “Harry was such an ass after that. Stalked off angrily. Like I said, typical.”

“He’s still in love with you,” she said.

“I don’t think he ever really did. You don’t cheat on people you love.”

“Please,” she looked at me like I wasn’t serious. “That boy was head over heels for you. But you’re right. You deserve way better than that.”

“I know,” I replied. “I just wish things weren’t so complicated.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW! The response I've gotten on this is incredible! I'm so thankful to all who have commented and subscribed. You all rock! Any feedback on this would be great- it's kinda short, but it's all I had time for today! xoxo