Never Ever Ever

Trust me

“Shit, shit, shit!” exclaimed Niall, tossing the paper back to me. The current headline of the gossip section mentioned a whole story that I quickly skimmed through. It basically stated that Niall and I had begun dating while I was dating Harry, and it was the reason behind the break up. Apparently, “A close source” confirmed that Niall and I were getting closer and closer.

“Where the hell do they get this?” I said, after reading the article.

“They make it up,” he rolled his eyes. “What rubbish.”

“Cullen is going to kill me,” I groaned.

“Who cares about that prat. You should be worried about me. I don’t even wanna know what Harry’s gonna do when he sees it.”

“Well, he obviously will realize it’s false,”

“I’m sorry, have you met Harry? He’s the most jealous bloke in the whole world. You’re his, and he’s not giving up his claim to you anytime soon.”

“I’m not an object,” I narrowed my eyes towards him. “Nobody can ‘lay a claim on me’”.

“That’s not what I meant,” Niall groaned, frustrated. “I just mean he’s still in love with you, and the thought of you with another bloke, kills him.”

“Well-“ I was interrupted by my phone beeping.

I’m on my way over. We need to talk.

It was from Cullen. My stomach dropped, and I let out a sigh.

“That was Cullen. He’s on his way over. I think it’d be better if you weren’t here when he gets here.”

“Right,” he stood up. “I’m sorry I got you into this mess, Leah.”

“It’s not your fault,” I replied, attempting to smile. “I’m afraid that this bad luck is all my fault. Thanks for helping me last night. I know I’m a pretty horrible drunk,”

“Amusing, to say the least.” He nodded, giving me a quick hug. “Good luck with Curren.”

“It’s Cullen.” I reminded him.

“Either way. If what you were saying last night is true about him cheating on you, you should end it. You don’t deserve that, Leah.”

“Bye, Niall.” I smiled, as he walked out the door. As soon as he was gone, I collapsed into my couch. Now came the fun part.

Harry’s POV

I was going to kill him. I was going to kill him.

That’s all I could think of as I stared at this morning’s paper.

“Dude,” Louis spoke from the counter. “Calm down.”

“What the fuck is that anyway? Why was he with her?” I spoke angrily.

“They’ve always been friends.” He responded.

“That,” I motioned to the photo. “Does not look like just friends to me.”

“Niall wouldn’t go there,” Louis shook his head. “Trust me,”

“I’m going to kill him,” I repeated aloud. Just then, the door to my flat opened up and appeared a nervous looking Niall. I gave him the most evil death glare I could manage.

He held up his hands in a look of surrender.

“It’s not what you think, mate.”

Back to Leah’s POV

“So,” he spoke. “What’d you do last night after I left?”

“Cullen,” I shook my head. “You know Niall and I are just friends.”

“I don’t like you hanging out with him.”

“Well, you don’t make my life decisions.” I argued back.

“I’m your boyfriend!” He stood up angrily. He looked like a wreck, still in last night’s clothes. If I was stupid I’d assume he spent the night in the office.

“Yeah, and boyfriend, where were you last night?” I shot back at him.

“What?” he stumbled, confused my question. “I told you I had to work late,”

“I called your office. They said you weren’t there.” I bullshited him, to gauge his reaction.

His jaw shifted a little, and I could tell my suspicions were correct.

“What are you going on about?” his voice changed, getting an octave higher.

“You’re cheating on me.” I deadpanned.

“I’m not!” he responded, alarm in his tone.

“Then, why is there lipstick on your shirt.” I pointed to his collar, with a red stain.

“I-“ he couldn’t find words.

“Just go, Cullen.” I resigned.

“But-“ he hesitated. “I’m telling you, that girl doesn’t mean anything. You’re the important one, here.”

“Apparently not,” I crossed my arms. “Get out,”

He moved across the apartment floor, slamming the door behind him.

Any normal girl would be devastated at the thought of her boyfriend cheating on her, and having to break up with him. When Harry had done it to me, I couldn’t stop crying for a week. But with Cullen, I almost felt relieved.

I had a lingering feeling that this article was just starting to cause drama in my life. Deep down, I knew Niall had been right before. If Cullen was angry about the idea of Niall and me together, I knew one person who would be fuming at the thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update! Yay!