Never Ever Ever

I say I hate you

"Happy Birthday!" yelled Alicia, as I walked down the stairs. I laughed, and mumbled a 'Thanks'.

I poured myself a cup of coffee, and turned to Alicia.

"If only I didn't have a big test today," I sighed. This was my twentieth birthday, and I was going to be spending my first day as a non-teenager in class.

"What rubbish!" Alicia frowned. "Can't you blow it off?"

"Not if I don't want to fail the class," I groaned, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Well, we're going out tonight. Just me and you, anywhere you want!" Alicia exclaimed.

"I don't care," I shrugged. "You pick. I'll be back round four, and then I'll get ready."

"Sounds good!" she grinned, almost as if she was up to something no good. WIth Alicia, I wouldn't be surprised if something was up her sleeve. But I shook the feeling off, too tired to play her guessing games.

As I got into my taxi on the way to school, my phone beeped with a message.

Happy Birthday Leah!!! xxx

It was a text from Harry. It had been about four weeks since we had decided to become "friends", and I wasn't sure it had been working out too great. He had been gone most of the month, in Germany and Sweden, and I had been pretty overwhelmed with Uni.

I responded with a "Thanks!"

He responded almost immediately, "What are you doing on your first day as a twenty year old?"

Nothing to exciting, big day of Uni

He sent back a frowny face, and I was walking into class when I received it. I turned off my phone, and started listening to the professor's lecture. Happy Birthday to me!

-------------------------


"And another shot for the birthday girl!" Alicia cheered, but I put my hands up in a surrender fashion.

"No, no more!" I giggled, already feeling more than a little buzzed.

"C'mon love," laughed Josh, handing one to me. Yes, Josh was there. Along with half of the people I'd ever met in London. My suspicions about Alicia had been correct: she ended up surprising me with a party of friends in a local pub just done the streets.

"Fine," I conceded, taking the shot quickly. After that, I went to talk to my guests, but the world was already spinning at this point. I mingled, stumbling over my words. Almost all my friends had shown up, and I was talking to my friend Emily from Uni when I felt someone tap myself on my shoulder. I drunkenly turned around, seeing Harry standing there.

"Happy Birthday!" he exclaimed, pulling me in for a hug.

"Thanks," I said, my drunk mind moving a little slow. All the sudden movement had thrown me a little off balance. And the fact that he looked so handsome. He was wearing dark jeans and t-shirt, but his hair was what was really killing me. It was rugged enough to look like you'd just got out of bed, but you had to have had it styled.

"I hope it's okay that I came," he said, looking a little self-conscious for a moment.

"Of course!" I said, slurring the words a little bit. "You're a little late, though. You've got some drinks to catch up on,"

"Lead the way," he grinned, obviously amused with my drunk antics.

It didn't take that long before Harry was getting up their with me in the drink count. The next thing I knew the bartender was announcing the pub was closing.

"This has been fun," Harry laughed, taking my hand and pulling me off the barstool. We walked outside and started walking towards my flat, which was just down the street. Surprisingly, there weren't any paparazzi out tonight.

"So did you have a good birthday?" Harry turned towards me, while I leaned against the side of the elevator. I watched the numbers go up on the elevator door before turning to face him.

"Yeah," I laughed too. "It actually was."

"Who knew we could be such good mates?" he teased, moving towards me.

"Yeah," I breathed, intimidated by his close promixity. He was just so beautiful it wasn't fair.

The elevator door chimed open, and I watched him back away for walking outside the door.

"Sorry I couldn't get you your present tonight. I promise I'll make it up to you," He said nervously.

"It's fine," I slurred. "Thanks for walking me home,"

"No problem," he said, and remained standing there.

I guess my next action could be blamed on the fact that we were both under the influence of significant amount of tequila and beer, or at least if anyone asked, that'd be my answer.

"So about that present," I mumbled, grabbing his arm.

"Mhmm?" Harry responded, looking distracted.

"I have an idea," I whispered, before making the first move and pulling his heads towards mine. He was surprised at first before responding to the kiss. With a skilled motion, he opened my apartment door, while my hands where still wrapped around his neck and intermingled with his curls.

We drunkenly and feverishly stumbled into my bedroom, before he laid me carefully onto the bed, continuing the kiss. He pulled away for a second, and took a deep breath.

"Happy Birthday, Lee," he said quietly. His green eyes shone with such intensity that it physically hurt to look at him. I did the only thing I could; I pulled him back towards me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh finally updating! I hope you all can check out my new story, Sleepless Roads. It's a Harry story, but the female character is a lot different! Thanks for all your support (: