Painted Paradise

Imprisoned

A furious snarl sounded behind him, forcing him to whisk around with his fur standing up on end. He had never jumped the fence until then, and honestly didn’t think anything lived on the other side but other Pokémon. He knew the area was restricted, but that was for humans. He searched for the unknown Pokémon, but the forest here was peppered chokingly with bushes and angry tree branches. He knew he could climb up the fence if worst had to come, leaving the buneary behind as a distraction of sorts, but if the Pokémon was in pursuit of HIM and him alone then he probably wouldn’t be able to scale the fence in time. Instead he spotted a path through the thick bushes that lead for a general straight path downhill.
Another angry hiss sliced the air before a cream-colored paw leaped defensively out of the bushes. Silver was already in position to dart, but seeing his attacker made him halt to a stop. A gorgeous she-Meowth stood staring menacingly at Silver, flanked by a two houndoom. Her voice was filled with anger and disgust. “Trespasser! Did you not read the signs? This place is on restriction from visitors,” she spat at him. “It was written in English, so it was meant for humans,” he corrected her softly. “I was just catching this buneary after it crossed the fence, then I was going to go right back. I won’t come here again.”
The she-Meowth didn’t look satisfied by the answer. “A buneary would have been a good add on to Team Magma’s collection, if I’d have caught it then Max would have praised me well for bringing a rare Pokémon in all the way from Sinnoh,” she murmured with frustration frosting her voice icy. Silver narrowed his eyes, “fine you can have it if it was on your territory. It’s not even that-“
The she-Meowth cut him off, “It’s dead! What use would it be then?” She shook her head at the loss, “give me one good reason I shouldn’t rip you apart on the spot?” Silver looked at the houndooms, trying to keep his ground but suddenly feeling unsure about his escape route. “What good would that do for you?” he challenged bravely, “I won’t bother you again. I don’t even like this part of the forest.” The she-cat snarled, drawing closer now but Silver didn’t step back. “Fool, I’m not letting you leave just like that!” she looked at the houndooms as if a signal to attack, and immediately the two houndooms smirked menacingly as they strode foreword as well. This time Silver took a step back, hissing and lashing his tail.
“Look at him; he’s scared out of his wits. He wouldn’t even be worth taking to Max for inspection,” the she-cat snickered at him as the two houndooms circled him, blocking his escape route effectively. Silver did nothing but glare hotly at her and let his tail droop. “Do you know who Team Magma is?” she growled as Silver shook his head. “Team Magma is the greatest Team in the world, the strongest and the most powerful. You have no business being here, and we don’t deliver the mercy that you’re begging us to give.” Silver growled, and then suddenly turned with his claws outstretched and slashed at the nearest houndoom blocking his escape route. The dark dog Pokémon screeched in surprised pain before regaining its composure and snapping back towards Silver. It wasn’t long before the second houndoom flanked the first and snapped at Silver in a team effort. Growling at the unfair fight, Silver let out a screech of indignity and hurdled himself onto the first houndoom. It screamed and bucked trying to get Silver off of his back as the second houndoom stood confused, not sure how it can aim a Bite attack when both Pokémon where so close together and moving too fast.
Silver’s head spun with the bucking, but he managed to hook his claws into the skin and fur of the houndoom to anchor himself onto the angry beast before biting viciously into the neck of the Pokémon. Blood spurted out as the houndoom screamed in anger and pain. By now the second houndoom was too furious to stand on the sidelines and throw itself into the fray, managing to get a bad grip on Silver enough to unlatch him from its comrade and run to its side. Silver didn’t take the chance to run for the escape route, instead rounding back and latching onto the second houndoom. It snarled and throws itself onto the ground, forcing the breath out of Silver as it rolled onto the ground and whipped back around to unleash a Flamethrower. Silver skipped out of the line of the shot of fire and ran at close range to the houndoom. It spun around wildly tossing flames in any direction it saw a flash of cream fur but each spicy hot flame missed him by a moment. Silver realized he didn’t have much more fight in him so instead of running he turned and gripped his teeth on the first thing he tasted fur on, gripping the houndooms stick-like leg. The skin closely rugged the bone underneath making it difficult to get a grip without the skin slipping, but he managed to hang on as the houndoom stopped spitting flames and turned to grip its teeth around Silvers scruff and throw him across the forest.
Before it got the chance he twisted his entire body, causing the houndoom to fall on its back and expose its soft belly. Silver didn’t take a moment to hesitate before gripping his jagged teeth onto the underbelly of the beast and shaking his head viciously, pinching the skin and thrashing his head as much as possible. The houndoom let out a growl of pain before its eyes filled with fear as Silver advanced for the neck, looking to take a bite into the flesh for a final blow before a new set of paws came into the fray. A new mass of weight bashed into Silver’s sides, sending him on the ground stunned momentarily before quickly getting up to face his new attacker. The attacker wasn’t new at all, but the she-Meowth who had been watching the entire time. She quickly leaped at him and pinned him down to the ground. Silver thrashed his entire body, turning and about to plant his jaws onto the she-cat but the houndoom had recovered quickly and was by her side in a second. It planted its paws on Silver’s shoulders while the she-Meowth took the right side and pinned him down with extra weight, making it impossible to run or fight.
It didn’t matter much anyway, Silver thought, he was too exhausted to have run down his escape path anyway. The first houndoom looked hardly able to stand up but slowly joined his comrade and held Silver down with its own weight, allowing the she-Meowth to step off of him and turn to him face to face. Silver expected nothing but pure anger and hatred in her bright blue eyes, but was instead thoroughly surprised to see satisfaction and respect. “Well that was quite a show! I’d never have guessed that a little skinny thing like you could win against two of my houndooms,” she smiled warmly at him but Silver hated the warmth she was offering. “These of course are just two houndooms I picked randomly for helping me cross the area, they’re some of my weakest. But the fact that you where able to take them by yourself and didn’t run showed you aren’t as pathetic as you first appear!” Silver flinched slightly; she had stronger than these ones?
“If you don’t mind taking these brutes off of me, I’d like to spit the praise back in your face and run back to my home,” he mumbled hotly. The she-cat looked slightly put off, and then quickly regained her satisfied expression. “Perfect, this is exactly what we need at Team Magma. A fighter that isn’t afraid to hold his ground! We have too many weaklings in our lot. This one will be a nice add-on; maybe he’ll teach the others how to have some fight in ‘em.” The houndooms looked expectedly at the she-Meowth, surprising Silver by speaking for the first time. “What should we do with this prisoner?” grumbled the first houndoom. “What do you think?” she snapped. “Pick it up and let’s see if the boss wants it.” The houndooms looked intimidated by that task, blood still flowing but getting sticky and dry with scabs from the attack that fumed only minutes ago. “I assume you’re waiting for it to fly to camp? Pick it up already, it isn’t an active hand grenade!” she flashed back and then whipped foreword into the bushes without taking a second look back.
Silver let out an angry hiss that made the houndooms hesitate momentarily before they picked him up by the scruff and began treading foreword. Silver didn’t bother fighting, being held by the scruff made it impossible to turn and fight, plus he was too tired to do much but growl and squirm and waste his energy anyway. The trees and bushes soon pushed back and began disappearing as the grass and mud under paw turned to rock and hot sand. Soon trees and prickly bush became too stunted and dying to hide away the what was the real reason for the restriction fences.