Status: I won't be updating regularly since I'm busy.

Meeting Half Way

Meeting Half Way ♠ Chapter One

I walked out of class into the noisy hallway, the echo of the last bell of the day. Finally, it's the weekend! Everyone was talking happily, about what they were going to do on the weekend. The populars were talking about parties, the nerds about playing video games and Internet, and the regulars about friends and the day out at amusement parks. But I, would be hanging out with my best friend and doing my homework. Speaking of my best friend, here she comes now!

"Hey Lynn, what's up?" I smiled at Lynn once she was next to me. She had pretty paprika red colored hair with big gray eyes. She had a petite body and was almost fairy like, if it weren't for her sassy attitude. But there was an expression I couldn't really read on Lynn's face, she looked shocked and worried at the same time.

"Uh, nothing much, can we just go straight to your place? I don't really want to go to my house at the moment," Lynn looked at me with a sly smile and I gave her a look which she already knew. "Don't worry, I'm ok. Just not in my usual mood today...."

We pushed the school's doors open, to the cold winter afternoon of Maine. I shrugged my shoulders and I got in Lynn's car and drove us to my house. It was a cold and awkward silence, but I felt some strange energy coming from Lynn's body. I had like this weird sense that I could feel what a person is feeling. It's pretty annoying to know how a person feels, but I don't say anything.

«Lynn's POV» [In the morning at her house]

Chills went up my arms as the vision played in my mind. A ghost was going to visit Marnie, to marry her? Oh man, why do I always have to see this kind of shit? This is what I get for being a ghost reader?

I sighed and my eyes went from being the creepy silver white color to my gray eyes and the vision ended. I hated being the gifted Ghost Reader. You see, I'm the only human ghost reader out here in the mortal world. Most of the Ghost Reader are actually ghosts, they read their own kind. I didn't know what was the use of being a Ghost Reader when most ghosts don't even bother to look for help.

Shaking my head, I lifted my backpack off the floor and onto my shoulder, yelling bye to my parents, who were in the kitchen. I got in my car and turned on the engine, backed out of the driveway and went toward Marnie's house to pick her up.

Hopefully she won't sense what I'm feeling at the moment. But I was completely worried about her...

God bless Marnie's innocent, human soul.

«Marnie's POV» [Current Time]

"Alright, now that we're finished, which movie do you want to watch?" I asked Lynn as I dug through my large movie collection. Man, I wonder how many times I've watched each movie!

"How about White Chicks? We haven't watched the movie in a long ass time," She said as she chewed on her beef jerky.

"Ok, you're right. It's funny anyway, and I said that you couldn't start eating until the movie started!" I yelled at her while putting the CD in the DVD player. I stood up from my 10 minute crouching position, and groaned as I felt the pain shoot up my legs with this tingly feeling growing more and more, every time that I took a step.

I let myself fall on the cream colored sofa, wrapped myself in a fuzzy yellow blanket, and grabbing a chocolate bar from the bowl of candies and snacks. Today was pretty calm for me!

×Half Hour Later×

I almost choked on a piece of popcorn from laughing so hard at the bathroom scene. Poor guy! He shouldn't have eaten that food. Never trust party food!

My laughing died down as soon I drank my orange Fanta. This movie was really funny to me, no matter how many times I've watched it.

"Hey Marnie, do you wannna g-" Lynn didn't get to finish her sentence when my phone rang. I grabbed it off the arm rest and checked the caller ID. It was mom. Why would she be calling? Mom never calls me unless it's an emergency.

"Hold on a sec," I mumbled and pressed the green answer button and put the phone on my ear. "Hey mom, what's wrong?"

"Marnie, dear, is Lynn there?" Lynn, why would she want to talk to Lynn? "Uh, yeah, she's here." I gave her a glance and passed her the phone. She gave me a look like 'what?'. "It's for you, my mom wants to talk with you, don't ask me why, I have no idea."

"Alright..." She mumbled and took the phone from hand. "Hi Mrs. Davis, how are you?" Lynn answered with a preppy girl's voice. I could hear my mom's voice, but couldn't make out the words.

In the corner of my eye I saw Lynn's eyes widen. By this time I couldn't hear my mom's voice at all. I wonder what's going on.

"Ok, good-bye Mrs. Davis!" She hung up and handed me my phone. She got up and took her backpack. "I gotta go now Marnie, see you Monday?"

''What? But the movie is not even finished yet!" I had the 'come on' look on my face, she had a thinking face on her, but she pursed her lips and shook her head.

"Sorry Mar, but I can't. It's really important." She opened the door and closed it, leaving me alone. I sighed turned off the TV, leaving myself in darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, needs italic and bold options.