Sarah's Trust

this is all that i need

The girl cried out as she was transferred onto the stretcher from where she had been lying on the ground. The paramedics strapped her to it and began rushing her towards the ambulance. Her eyes were closed the whole time and it felt like she couldn't open them. Paramedics were constantly talking around her but with how loud her blood was pulsing in her ears, it felt almost impossible for her to understand what they were talking about.

They loaded the stretcher into the back of the ambulance and slammed the doors shut before starting off for the local hospital. Her whole body felt in pain and she knew that she had a head injury. The impact with the ground had been harsh and she was almost certain that at least one of her teeth had chipped.

The accident had been quick. One minute she had been crossing the road and the next a car had flung her several feet away and she landed head-first on the pavement. Her face had been scraped up badly and her right side pulsed with pain more than her left side but that was because she had landed on her right side. The driver of the car had continued driving, not even bothering to get out and check on her so she was lying where she was for around ten minutes before any one came across her. When someone did end up finding her where she was, they called an ambulance for her and stayed beside her.

When they had got there the paramedics had asked certain questions like what her name was, whether she could hear them, whether she could open her eyes. She'd only managed to painfully whisper her name out before she stayed quiet, only making a sound when they moved her and pain shot through her body. The paramedics did not like the fact that she seemed to not be able to open her eyes.

It didn't take them too long to arrive at the local hospital, though when they unloaded the stretcher from the back of the ambulance they jolted the girl which made her cry out in pain. Around her people were talking quickly as they moved her along the corridor.

"Female with head injuries and possible damage to the eyes. Victim of a hit and run. Witnesses say she was there before their arrival so there's a chance she sustained internal injuries. Blood loss sustained from head and stomach area. Unresponsive to questions," one of the paramedics who picked her up told the nurses who were pushing her along.

A doctor came rushing over and took over, asking what had happened. One nurse repeated what she had been told as another steered the front of the stretcher. They took her into one of the free examination rooms and lined the stretcher up with the bed. The paramedics stayed to help transfer the girl onto it, grasping one side of the plastic on top of the stretcher and pulling the girl over so that she lay on the bed so the doctor could check her.

The girl cried out from the movement and felt pressure being applied on various parts of her body. She felt one of her eyes be pried open but she couldn't see anything as the doctor shone a light into it.

"What's your name, sweetie?" the doctor questioned as she moved to the next eye and shone the light into it.

She tried to move her head so that she doctor would leave her eyes alone but failed. "Sarah," she mumbled slowly.

"Okay, Sarah, can you tell me where it hurts?"

"My side, and my head."

Instantly she felt a light pressure on her left side before it transferred to her right side which made her wince.

"Alright. Could you try and open your eyes for me?"

She shook her head and winced at the pain. Her head hurt so her eyes hurt and she didn't want to open them because it felt like they were too heavy for her to even attempt to open them just yet. She needed to wait until they felt lighter.

Some more movement around her and she felt as something smooth was slid under her top. One of the nurses was cutting away her top so that they could see any damage done to her from the accident. As she felt the cold surface of the scissors, she felt something being pulled over her head. A moment later something was slid over her mouth and she began to breath into it. Slowly but surely, she began to feel drowsy.

As she was slipping into unconsciousness, she felt a warm breath against her ear.

"I will fix this," the voice whispered before she allowed herself to fully slip into the unconscious.