Sarah's Trust

don't break me down

It was early morning that the awful event happened. There was barely any noise but there was enough for one of them to be alerted to it, and by the time one of them knew they all knew. None of them wanted him to see but not even Sam could stop him.

Embry reached the scene as quick as he could but it was not soon enough. He waded through the wreckage and found her body, limp and lifeless in the passenger seat of the car. Beside her was her father and her mother had been thrown out of the windscreen and was lying dead a few feet away from the car. No one could have ever imagined something like this would ever happen.

The others stood silently as Embry held Sarah close to him and cried out in anger. There was nothing that could be done for her; she had been dead by the time the first one had arrived, and with knowing that, he had decided to leave her for Embry to move. After all, she was his imprint.

No one knew what had happened in order for her father to have swerved like he did, but it was even more shocking that the car had flipped over and slammed into a tree. Her mother had evidently been flung from the car before the impact with the tree. Those that knew Sarah, include the doctors at the hospital, were baffled at why she was in a car when she had vowed never to go in one unless it was to an appointment, and there had been none scheduled for that morning.

The pain that Embry felt was like nothing he'd ever experienced, and there was nothing anyone could do to ease it.

His imprint was dead.

-

At precisely three minutes past five in the morning, Sarah Wyade opened her eyes and saw her parents for the first time in over half a year. The doctors had said it was a risky chance they'd taken with trying to bring her out of her coma, but ultimately the risk had been worth it.

She was alive and well, and that was all that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
finished.