The Invaders

Realization

After watching all those sci-fi’s of human triumph over an alien invasion, you begin to believe that nothing can beat us—that the human race will never give up. The movies depict the hardships and struggles we go through, and when it’s all over, we come out stronger. Watching those sci-fi’s made us feel safe. And in the end of those movies we always felt this sort of pride for our victorious country that got us through the invasion.

I’m not here to talk about movies though. I’m here to tell you how gullible we were by believing those movies…

About two years ago, Earth was invaded by a malicious army of aliens called the “Dole ‘don-tu”. They came without warning and took very little time defeating our armies. All across the world, one-by-one, day-by-day—we were stripped of anything that could protect us.

The alien invasion was planned and quick. Weeks after defeating us, they started taking our recourses and made us their slaves. They tested on us to find our weaknesses, took our children, and killed many men and women.

In order to live, you had to learn their language—making it easier for them to control you. Men worked hard, mining the precious recourses of our home. The women did small tasks. They were forced to aid their sick and wounded. The beautiful women were personal slaves of the generals. They were forced to do anything the officers wanted. Children too young to work were killed on sight.

Not all of us humans were so easily bent by the Dole ‘don-tu’s ways. There were many rebels at one time. But that was before they taught us a lesson by wiping out a third of our race. Now the human race is endangered, earth is dying, and hope is lost.

By the time these aliens leave us, there will be no earth to survive on, and we humans won’t be taken with them to the next planet they inhabit and destroy. I don’t know how many more years they will stay here. I don’t know if there are rebel forces strong enough to outwit and destroy these thirsty ridden mosquitoes. It angers my heart to know that our once prosperous race will die in the hands of these invaders. I want to hope for a rescue, I really do. But it’s time to get my head out of the clouds, this is reality.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a one-shot that I thought of while riding in the car.