Choices of the Heart

Prologue

Dakota was not looking forward to going out tonight, but she had no choice. Her best friend set her up on a blind date and she wasn’t the type of person to stand someone up. She sighed as she looked through her closet to find something red to wear. Her friend said that it had to be red because that’s what the guy would be looking for. She wasn’t sure how the red would look on her, but she was willing to give it a shot. When she finally found what she was going to wear, she left her closet and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When she was done drying off she pulled on some lingerie. According to her best friend, she had to make it seem like she was going to get laid. She could care less. In her eyes, she’d rather sit at home and bake all night.

After she was done getting dressed, she combed out her hair and pulled it up and out of her face. She applied some light make-up so that it didn’t overshadow her natural beauty. Once she felt that she was ready, she grabbed her small handbag and keys from her vanity. She slipped on a pair of heels and then headed towards the restaurant and bar that her friend told her she was meeting her date at.

****


Brian wasn’t so sure about this blind date that his friends set him up on. He knew that he had to move on from his past, but at the moment he just didn’t want to. Being with someone for so long and then having it end so abruptly wasn’t something to be taken lightly. Of course, neither was sitting around the house for months on end doing absolutely nothing except getting drunk. He knew his friends were worried about him, but sometimes their worry went a bit too far.

He sighed as he finished getting ready to head to the restaurant and bar his friends set this up at. He was supposed to look for a girl wearing yellow. He had no idea why they chose yellow either. His favorite color was purple, but he figured he’d at least indulge on the aspect of dating again. It had been awhile since he had had sex too, so he thought that maybe he’d get lucky tonight. He finished buttoning up his shirt and then made sure his hair was spiked to perfection before he grabbed his keys and wallet and left his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes this is short and simple, but longer chapters will follow.