The Visitor

The story

Short story

The sound of water beating against the aluminium sink walls filled the kitchen. I tested the water on my skin, as I listened to the sitcom I had left on the Tv. The water warmed my skin as my eyes stared at the olive colored counter tops and plain stained wood cabinets.
I pulled my hand out of the water to peel off my shirt so it won't get wet. Dipping my head down under the water I felt the warm liquid flow through my hair. Blinded by my blackish blue hair, I felt for the pink bottle of shampoo.
My hand reached out as I tipped up the bottle with the other. Feeling the gooey soap fall into my palm I put the bottle back and rubbed my hand together before scrupping my head and working it in.
I closed my eyes as the soup and water fell from my hair and circled the drain. After the shampoo had beeen completely rinsed from my hair I realised I had forgotten my towel in my room downstairs. Cursing at myself mentally I grabbed the conditioner quickly working that into my hair. I leaned back out from under the water letting my hair drip for a minute.
I turned and made my way to the stairs that lead down to the basement. Opening and closing the dark wooden door silently, I decended the stairs hearing the old cream painted wood creak and groan under my weight.
My head was still bent forward as I walked the familure track to my room my feet padding against the cold cement floor. The paint, that was put on it long ago to help with insulation and to fill in the cracks, was chipped away leaving light and grey patterns all over the floor, resembling white jagged cloud formations.
I seen light coming from my doorway, illuminating the part of the room I could see and the small walkway that lead to it. Though I thought I had turned my light off when I left the last time, I brushed it off I always forgot to turn the light out.
I stepped into my room black, green, and checker boreded walls greeted me, but I jumped in surprize when I realized I wasn't alone. Instantly wrapped my arms around my chest, having nothing but a bra on.
He was sitting on my bed taking in the room we used to share and how much it had changed. He was wearing a sleeveless tee and ripped up skinny jeans that showed off his various tattoos, his long mohawk laying off to the side nearly covering his right eye. The multiple piercings in his lips and noes reflected the light of the florescent lights in my room.
He looked at me and instantlly looked away his cheeks turning red.
"Oh shit I'm sorry. " He said looking away. I turned to where my towel was hanging on my coat rack quickly wrapping it around me before I spoke.
"What are you doing here? I don't think you've ever woken up this early." I said which is true having lived with him for 6 months i had never seen him get up before 11 am.
"Well I thought I would come hang out with you, but I didn't want to come in the front door and get the dogs barking." he said looking at me in the eyes. His eyes shown blue and green, his left eye was divided in half half green and blue, his right was was mostly blue that blended into green in some spots. They always interigued me ever since I ment him. They were so different, so out of the ordinary that you couldn't help but look.
I saw something in his eyes, however, that I hadn't never seen before, and I couldn't put a name to it.
"Good idea cause everyone still asleep." I said walking over to the small alcove that served as my dressing room. Grabbing the first shirt my hand touched I pulled it over my still dripping hair slick with conditioner that I had forgotten.
"I figured you'd still be asleep, why are you up so early?" He called from my bed.
"Still being asleep implies you slept the night before." I said honestly. I hadn't been to bed yet. I had been up all night reading stories online.
"So you've been up all night?" he asked as I rounded the corner back into the main area.
"Yep, lately I've been on a very nocturnal sleep schedule." I said simply running a hand through my hair bringing the conditioner to the forefront of my mind. "I have to get this soap out of my hair, I'll be right back." I said grabbing my steel colored towel.
"Hey wait." He said standing up and walking around my brown swivell chairto me. I gave him a questioning look but said nothing as he approached. He towered over me by at least a foot or more, I chewed on my snake bites as I watched him.
My confusion turned to shock and astonishment when he bent down and kissed my lips gently and quickly. My eyes were wide when he pulled away, my head spinning, as he looked at me unsure about himself. My mind somehow registered that being a forgin emotion on him. I had never seen him so unsure.
"You okay?" He asked.
I nodded my head "I gotta wash this out. Give me a minute." I said turning and nearly sprinting back up the stairs. Once the door was closed behind me I let my thoughts flow, as I caught my breath that wasn't eratic from the small run.
I had confessed liking him two years ago and he chooses now to return those feelings. Now that I have a boyfriend who he had helped me get together with at first.
I ducked my head back under the fauscet that had been on the whole time.
I watched the now milky water circle the drain as I thought, What am I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know if you like it ^^