Status: Erratic and possibly non-existant updates to follow

Shadow Master

Prologue

An 11 year old Harry James Potter woke up on his birthday to his father, James Potter, yelling for him to get his "lazy ass out of bed". Harry sighed.

"It's always like this" he thought sadly. "I hope James is in a good mood." He winced as his recently healed wounds stretched and pulled with each movement he made. He opened his door and limped downstairs to the kitchen. He saw his parents James and Lily Potter and his twin brother Nick sat at the table while Nick opened his massive pile of presents. James glared at Harry as soon as the boy entered the room.

"Breakfast. Now." Was all James said. He spoke like saying a whole sentence to his son would infect him with a disease or something.

"Yes sir." Harry mumbled.

"And none of your freakish-ness!" James spat before turning his attention back to Nick. Harry held back tears as he rushed around the kitchen, making three cooked breakfasts as quietly as he could. He put the plates full of food in front of each person, only receiving a smile of thanks from Lily. There was a loud knock at the front door. James stood up and walked towards the door.

"Boy, go to your room." He hissed at Harry. "I don't want to hear a peep out of you. And don't come downstairs unless I call you." Harry nodded and ran upstairs and into his room. James opened the door.

"Remus, Sirius! Good to see you!" He beamed at his friends.

"Hey James, we just came to see the twins on their birthday." Sirius said, grinning. Remus smiled softly.

"Come in, Nick's just opening his presents." James led them through to the kitchen.

"Uncle Sirius, Uncle Remus!" Nick yelled happily. He hugged them both tightly.

"Hey pup, where's your brother?" Remus asked. Nick sneered at the mention of his brother.

"Why do you want to see the freak?" The boy asked, obviously confused. Remus managed to hide his shock but Sirius didn't even try.

"Why did you call your brother a freak?" The animagus growled.

"Well, daddy always says he's a freak and daddy would never lie to me. Also, IT" Nick spat in disgust; he couldn't even bring himself to say ITs name. "Does strange things, like talking to snakes and playing with shadows."

"That's right Nick" James smiled at his son proudly and ruffled his hair. "The freak doesn't deserve such a nice brother as you." Remus and Sirius were gobsmacked.

"James! Nick!" Lily screeched in horror. "How could you?" Tears leaked from her eyes. "I didn't know it was this bad." She whispered. She ran upstairs to Harry's room. She yanked open the door and froze as she started sobbing loudly. Sirius and Remus ran up to her and stared at the room in shock.

Blood was splattered on the walls and some of it looked quite fresh whilst some looked years old. There was a small bed in the corner that was in the same state as the walls with a thin blanket on it. There was hardly any light in the room because of the boarded up windows. Then they all noticed the worst thing about the room. Harry was nowhere in sight. After searching the room from top to bottom they knew there was no hope.

Harry was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lozzy