Status: one-shot

Hope's a Dangerous Thing

Untitled

I was lying in Oli's guest bedroom, not really asleep just humming a song, when I hear a knock at the door. I shift under the covers and faced it.

"Come in," I said lightly then continued on with my humming. The door swung open to reveal Oliver standing shirtless in only a pair of boxers. He looked sad and worried with what little light I had to see him with. I turned on the lamp next to my bed and asked,

"Are you okay?" I got up from my bed and walked over to him. I held out my hand to him and rubbed his tattooed shoulder. It was smooth and warm. He exhaled sharply and said,

"I have to tell you something," I grabbed his hand without really thinking and guided him to the bed. He took a sharp breath. "SamIthinkIlikeyou!" I looked at him and tried to make sense of what he said. Then the confusion drained from my face and I smiled. Oli really had the same feelings for me? I've had these feelings ever since my first tour with Oli's band, Bring Me the Horizon, but I was way too afraid to say anything to him for fear of rejection. I thought about what to say for a bit. I didn't want to sound too needy or not needy at all.

"I think I like you too Oli," I decided to say at last. I looked into his perfect, gorgeous eyes. He smiled and leaned forward a little bit. I connected his lips with mine and for one moment, I felt weightless. Oli pulled away and sighed with pure hapiness. I smiled and laid down. He soon followed suit and wrapped his arms around my naked torso.

"Can you sing that song you were humming earlier? Oli asked. I looked at him with a furrowed brow.

"How did you know I was humming a song? Your room is upstairs and on the other side of the house. By the time you knocked on my door I was humming softly seeing as I was about to fall asleep." I smiled at him.

"I've been outside your door for hours just listening. Your voice calms me down if I can't sleep or if I get nervous," he said shyly. I got rosy cheeks and I leaned forward and kissed him softly on the tip of his nose. I laid down again and started singing the song.

"And if in years to come, we can talk like friends. Can I close my eyes and wake up then," Oli put his face closer to my neck and started kissing it. "And if in years to come, we can talk like friends. Can I close my eyes and wake up then," by this time, Oli was humming along to song with his eyes half lidded.

"Drown out the sounds of adulthood with stones that fell from outerspace. At seventeen I wouldn't dare to dream beacause hope's a dangerous thing. Hope's a dangerous thing. I won't thank God, I'll thank my friends for sticking by till we're home again. What matter most to me belongs to you..." I looked at Oliver, who was now sleeping soundly with a grin on his face. "Because hope's a dangerous thing. Hope's a dangerous thing." I finished the last line of the song and kissed Oli's lips softly once more. He woke up and asked,

"Why'd ya stop?" I laughed and sang the song to him again until we both drifted asleep in each other's arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww. I wish there was more Oli/Sam fanfics. :( I think I did well. Tell me what you think. Plz leave a comment. Thanks, love ya'll!!!