Status: I'm back! With a new story

A Broken Full Moon

Ch.1 Come Away To The Slaughter Pt. 1/2

A Broken Full Moon
Ch.1 Come Away To The Slaughter Pt. 1/2
Come Away To The Water-Maroon 5 Feat. Rozzi Crane

“….Gretel did as the witch said. As days passed Hansel grew fatter and fatter. ‘Now your brother is fat enough to eat’”- A voice interrupted me “uh oh!” I continued “the witch ordered Gretel to start the oven Gretel replied ‘I don’t know how!’ The witch snapped ‘oh, fine I’ll do it myself.’ When the witch bent over the big fire Gretel pushed her into the oven and closed the door.”
The voice cheered “yeah, go Gretel!” I laughed at the voice and I said “right. Gretel found the witches key and unlocked Hansel’s cage. They hugged each other tightly and just a few days earlier they had found out about the witch’s secret treasure. The children tossed some jewels in a bag on the way out the door. Hansel and Gretel ran away as fast as they could from the witch’s’ house but they were still lost. Quickly they found a kind huntsman who helped them, he knew where there father lived and showed them the way.”
The voice sleepily mumbled “like a hunter?” It sounded more like “ike uh hunner?” I replied “yeah I don’t know why they just didn’t say that. Anyway, when they arrived their father hugged them tightly and said ‘Hansel! Gretel! I’ve looked everywhere for you’ He cried as he held them and told them that their mean stepmother had gone away forever. Now that they had the jewels the family was rich. Hansel and Gretel were happy at home and never went deep in the forest again. The end.”
I grinned down at the little tyke in my arms who had nodded off at some time. I gently tucked him in as I turned on his Avenger stickered main light. I whispered “sweet dreams, Rome.” Rome wouldn’t sleep until I tucked him in and he had been hyper all day. The little guy could sleep through anything except thunder and lightning. I chuckled as I walked into my room that was adjacent to his and as I put on my pajamas which were a Betty Boop camisole, and Betty Boop short shorts and slippers. I heard noises coming from outside Scott’s room.
“Come away little loss
Come away to the water”

I went to my room and I grabbed my Taser you know the one you hold that people Tase others dumbly with. In three weeks when I turned eighteen I was getting my gun license, I had been going to some rifle shooting classes out of town just to be safe. I stealthily walked to the front door and heard two male voices if I opened the handle it could alert the men that I was inside, I knew it was unlocked I might as well surprise him. I kicked the door open holding my Taser out.
“To the ones that are
Waiting only for you”
I received two “ah’s!” I quickly put the Taser down when I noticed it was only Stiles sneaking in at midnight. Both the boys were pale as Scott looked over at me and said “you scared the crap out of me!” Stiles who was hanging outside from the ledge interrupted “but that was totally badass! You have got to teach me how to do that!” I peered into the hall to make sure Rome was asleep. I didn’t hear any noise from his room so I said “hello to you too Stiles”. I looked at Scott who rolled his eyes and sarcastically said “thanks, Alex. You successfully kicked the front door down. Mom’s gonna be real happy about that.” I ruffled his hair as I said “hey, calm down little bro I didn’t kick it down. I kicked it open.” Stiles laughed as I said “besides its not broken, see” I swung the door open and shut. Stiles looked at me and asked “so how’s little Romeo doing?”
I grinned at his name and answered “awesome because I am the best big sister slash mom ever.” They both raised their eyebrows and I defensively say “what? I am.” They both give me looks and I huff and say “your both mean. Why do I hang out with you guys?” They laugh as Stiles answers “because Alex. Your life would be a boring hell without me.” Scott and I laughed and I asked “you mind telling what the hell was so important to sneak into Scott’s room?” Stiles started talking while moving his hands that always amused me while it was distracting when he did that I called it spasms. Stiles said “two joggers found a body in the woods!” I ask “really? You were listening on your dads calls again weren’t you?” Stiles rolled his eyes while responding “it’s like you don’t know me, Alex. I don’t listen to all of them only the interesting ones.” With that he climbed back down.
Scott asks “a dead body?” I look at him like he’s dumb. While Stiles says, “No, a body of water. Yes dumbass a dead body.” I ask “like animal attack or serial killer dead?” Stiles answers “nobody knows. Just said it was a girl in her twenties.” Scott says “hold on. If they found the body then what are they looking for?” I nod my head in agreement. Stiles excitedly answers “that’s the best part….they only found half.”
Stiles says “we are so going.” I raise my eyebrows and answer “that sounds like peer pressure.” I sigh and say “yeah, but we have school tomorrow and its midnight and mom left me in charge of Scott and Rome.”
“Come away little loss,
Come away to the water
Away from the light,
That you always knew”

Scott looks at me and says “look Alex, we aren’t going to be out that late. Mom has the night shift so I’ll be home in less than two hours.” I sigh and say “fine but you two aren’t going by yourselves.” Scott looks at me and asks “what about Rome?” I bite my lip as I think it over and say “he has a pager besides we all know he won’t wake up until the morning, I just tucked him in. You and Stiles are likely to get killed or something by yourselves.” Scott stares at me for a second and drags out the word “right.” Stiles accusingly says “you just want to see the body.” I scoff and say “no.” My voice took an odd tone saying otherwise because Scott raises an eyebrow and I say “okay. Fine, I want to see the body.” Stiles smirks as Scott and I run inside with me going to my room.
I quickly yank on some jeans, tank top, sneakers, a leather jacket, my pager, and my Taser just in case. I peek into Rome’s room and see him knocked out. I smile as I leave the pager close to him just in case. I silently close his door and tip toe until I reach the end of the hall way where I bound down the stairs and grab my keys. I walk outside and Stiles says “were taking my Jeep.” This was okay with me it means I waste less gas. Mom got me a car since I was the oldest and I had to drop Romeo off with Gloria. Gloria’s husband had an old 1967 Chevy Camaro which she gave me two months ago! I only paid her two grand with Melissa’s help, technically it was mine and Scott’s, but do you think I’m going to let a guy who almost ran me over when I was right in front of him, drive my baby? No, I only let Scott drive him when I was in a very good mood or compassionate. Yes, my car has a gender; he’s my other baby besides Rome and Ian Somerhalder. Don’t judge me!
I walk alongside them and I say “I wonder if the body is like rotting flesh or something.” Stiles drapes an arm over my shoulders and says, “Of course you’d want to come, you’re going to college to study Criminal Justice right?” I run and jump into the passenger seat as Scott huffs and takes the back. I say “yeah, besides I’m into all this spooky stuff. Oh, and guess what I’m gonna get a minor in? Mythology,” I grin at Stiles who rolls his eyes and says “right. I forgot you’re in love with folklore and stuff.” I roll my eyes as Stiles starts the jeep.
{BREAK}
As we get out of Stiles Jeep, which I find adorable, Stiles gets out a flashlight as Scott asks “are we actually doing this?” Stiles answers “you’re the one who’s always bitching that nothing ever happens in town.” I nod and say “he’s got you there Scott.” We finally started walking through the woods with Scott complaining, “I wanted to get a goodnight’s sleep for lacrosse tryouts tomorrow.” I rolled my eyes walking beside him as Stiles was in front of us. Scott asks Stiles “which half of the body are we looking for?” Stiles looks pensive as he answers “huh, I didn’t think about that.” I gave him a WTF?! Look as I ask “and if some serial killer or rapist killed that girl and is possibly I don’t know hanging around here to kill more people?” My voice coated with sarcasm and bite. I was nervous and starting to get frightened. Stiles answers “also, something I didn’t think about.”
I muttered “dumbass,” as I trailed behind Stiles. As we climbed up a hill I trailed behind Scott to help him if he needed assistance, but he waved me off to which I rolled my eyes and stayed beside him just in case. Scott told Stiles “maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flash light?” Stiles said nothing and I rolled my eyes as Scott took out his inhaler and took a puff I stared worriedly at him until he said “I’m find Alex.” The natural instinct in me was to make sure every person I cared about was okay, I guess it got on Scott and Stiles’ nerves sometimes but it was just second nature to me, since I basically raised Rome. I raised an eyebrow at Scott and he said “seriously, I’m okay.” As we got to the top we saw flash lights and cops and I started getting nervous. Once the cops moved away I whispered “maybe we should leave?” Stiles didn’t listen and ran ahead. Scott soon decided to follow him while I hissed at Scott “Scott!” I let a frustrated yell and made my way towards the direction they headed.
I’m not good at directions at all. I heard dogs barking and I was already terrified so I hurriedly ran the opposite direction and three minutes later ran into someone. “Oof!” I cried as I fell and the other person let out a groan and asks “Alex?” I saw it was Scott. “Scott!” I whisper/yell at him. We both got up and I asked “where’s Stiles?” Scott says “no time! Come on!” I let him drag me as I ask “what happened?” He doesn’t respond and we run until he trips and falls and takes me down with him. I roll away just in time to see a huge animal howl and snarl then jump on Scott I shout “son of a bitch!”
“Come away little lamb
Come away to the slaughter”

I see it bite Scott and I grab my Taser and shoot it throwing the Taser down while I grab Scott and haul his ass away as we hear the animal-no wolf whimper. Scott and I run as fast as a non-athletic girl and asthmatic teenager can. I hear the animal howl as we reach the road just in time to move as a car swerves to miss hitting us.
I look at Scott and ask, “What the hell?” His look mirrors mine. I take a breath as I tell him “alright, let me see it.” He innocently asks “see what?” I give him a look and he pulls up his shirt as he sighs muttering “it’s not that bad, really Alex.” I look at the wound and see the teeth marks and saw it was bleeding. I say “you won’t need stitches, but we should go to the hospital to get a rabies shot.” Scott turns to me “Alex, please I don’t want to go to a hospital. I hate them besides it doesn’t even hurt.” I sigh as we begin walking and say “well, Scott, it’s a wild animal who know”- he cut me off giving me puppy dog eyes asking “please! Please, Alex!” I look at him and say “fine. I have to check it every twelve hours and if I see something I don’t like you’re going straight to the doctors.”
{BREAK}
We were almost home when Scott asked me “did you see it?” I answer “yeah. Pretty sure it was a wolf, that’s odd though.” Scott asks “what do you mean?” Wolves didn’t exist in Cali. Well, maybe I heard wrong because that most definitely was a wolf. I shake my head and say “never mind.” Scott says “guess what though? I found the body!” I turned to him and reply “no way!” He nods as he shivers and a thought hit me “which half was it?” Scott gave me a look and says “you’re worse than Stiles. It was the torso up.” I wince as I open the door and see mom wasn’t home yet. I tug Scott to his bathroom as I tend to his wound. As I finish I say “get some sleep. I’ll check that in the morning.” He nods as he gets in bed and I turn off his light and say “night Scott.” I hear him mumble and chuckle as I head to Rome’s room checking on him and finally head to my room.
{Break}
The next morning I hurriedly get up and head downstairs, check Scott’s wound, and make breakfast which consisted of pancakes and bacon. I run up the stairs and see Romeo waking up so I grab him and carry him downstairs as I sat him down and began feeding him. After a minute he said “mommy, I can do it.” I hesitantly give him the fork and he starts eating slowly but manages to guide it his mouth. I say “okay. I’m going to get ready, so finish and I’ll be done quickly.” He nods so I kiss his head and run up the steps as I hurriedly shower and throw on a tank top, cardigan, baggy jeans, and some boots while applying eyeliner. Scott comes in and taunts “you’re gonna be late.” I growl at him as he runs away, climbing on his bike and leaving for school. I run downstairs and grab Romeo as I sprint up the staircase and he giggles asking “mommy are we late?” I say “noooo.” He giggles while I quickly dress him since I had bathed him the night before. I rush down the stairs carrying Rome, my bag, and his as I rush to my car.
I strap Rome in his booster seat and I quickly take off. I take seven minutes getting there and I quickly grab Rome out and hand him over to Gloria. He giggles happily at feeling her. That’s right Rome’s got a heightened sense of touch. He touches someone and he can feel who it is, he has to get used to their hands, arms and face. I kiss his head as Gloria asks “late are we?”
Rome laughs as I nod and say “Romeo you be good you here. I’ll pick you up later, alright?” He nods and Gloria says “oh, that reminds me you have today, and Thursday off. You want to get settled in and comfortable for classes.” I nod as I say “thank you. Do you think you could watch him a while longer? I have to take Scott to work after lacrosse practice.” She nodded and asked “he’s trying out again?” I nod and kiss Romeo again as I said “alright, I’ll see you both later. Mommy loves you, Rome.” I waved at Gloria who waved back and made Rome wave.
I sped to school and arrived just as the bell rang. I raced to my Art II class and slid into my seat. The teacher did like any other teacher and went over the syllabus.
{BREAK}
“Ms. McCall?” I looked up from writing lyrics up to Mr. Liveski my Biology teacher and all the class looking at me, my face rushed with color. He sighed as he said “the office called. They want you up front in the office.” I nodded as I get my things and quickly run to the office.
As I arrive there’s three people are there and what appears to be a new student, a guy. Our vice principal, I forget his name was beside them and saw me walk in. “Alejandra McCall?” He asked. I smiled and said “yeah, just Alex.” He nodded and motioned me toward the people who stand. “Alex meet Elvira Belen,” he motioned to the woman who I shake hands with and I mutter “nice to meet you.” She smiles at me and the principal introduces the older man as “Viktor Belen,” I shake his hand and we smile at each other as the principal says “and this is their son Elias.” I grin at him as he smiles at me and my cheeks burn scarlet because he was good looking, shoulder length brown hair, tan, tall and brown warm eyes.
The principal states “well, Elias is new here and a junior and I’d been revising your grades and you were recommended and I thought you could show Elias around until he gets caught up with things.” I mutely nod as he says “great! Well, were working on his schedule now but he won’t have it until tomorrow so could you just take him along with you to your classes.” I say “sure. That’s okay with me.” The principal said “well I think that’s about it, thank you Alex.” I nod as I get up and so does Elias. His mom says “be good, Eli.” His dad replies “and don’t get in trouble.” I noticed their accents were Spanish. Elias nods and with that we turn to leave when I say “it was nice meeting you Mrs. Belen and Mr. Belen.” They smile and nod at me as Elias and I walk out of the office.
I grinned at Elias as I say “well, looks like I have to go back to Biology. Come on.” He follows me while asking “so your name is Alejandra?” I noticed his Spanish accent also. I nod and say “yeah, so where did you move from?” I glanced at him and noticed him smiling as he said “Spain. Well, to be exact Madrid.” I excitedly mutter “really? That’s cool. My parents were Mexican, so I guess I am too.” He questioned “were?” I cleared my throat “yeah, um they passed away.” His smile vanished as he stuttered an apology and I replied “it’s alright, it’s been a while. Besides Melissa is great.” He glanced at me curiously and I answer “she’s my foster mom.”
We weaved our way through hallways and I noticed how he took everything in. Elias nodded and asked “so you speak Spanish?” I nodded as I answered “Si. I prefer English there aren’t too many Spanish speakers her I guess that’s why I get to give you the tour.” He grinned at me. We came to a stop on the door and I said “this is Biology, science, and his name is Mr. Liveski.” He asks “you don’t say professor?” I shake my head and respond “we call teachers Mister, Miss or Misses.” We walked in and Mr. Liveski stopped teaching and came over. I swear I heard all the girls in class swoon. Mr. Liveski asks “Alex?” I turned to him and explained the situation. He motioned us to the back lab table at the back since no one got to sits there. We made our way over and I could hear rumors start. I rolled my eyes this was going to be a long day.
{BREAK}
After two more classes it was lunch time, and Elias and I grabbed some lunch as I swatted Isaac, Danny, and Jackson on the head. “McCall!” Jackson cried as he spilled his juice I shrugged innocently while waving at the rest of the guys who were laughing. I gave Erica a wave who smiled back. I went up to Boyd and asked “hey Boyd! Give me some dap!” He looked at me and my fist rose for a bump and he smirked and bumped his fist to mine so I sat down in front of him. I didn’t sit beside Scott because he was practically in love with the new girl Allison. He and Stiles were like a table behind me. Besides some days I sat with Isaac and Danny or Erika or Boyd. Today I decided it to be Boyd.
Boyd raised an eyebrow at Elias. Elias raised his hand to shake Boyd’s stating “I’m Elias, Belen nice to meet you Boyd.” Boyd debated shaking it but in the end took it shaking it and saying “Boyd. I see Alex already roped you in.” I blushed hard while Eli sent me a questioning look and Boyd answered “it was a joke. Alex, I think every girl in here is staring you to death.” I looked around and noticed this I sunk in my seat as I realized every one saw him and most likely rumor spread that he was following me around. I turned to my brother and Stiles looking at me too. I turned around and Boyd answered “Scott sure looks angry.” I say “thanks, Captain obvious.” Elias asks “Scott is he your boyfriend?” Boyd starts laughing his ass off and I say “ha, ha, ha. No, Elias he’s my brother. Foster brother.” Elias nods and says “call me Eli. I hate my name.” I laugh as we all start another conversation.
{BREAK}
So after all those classes, and telling Eli to meet me out front at school in the morning, I headed over to lacrosse practice where I sat on the bleachers. I saw the new girl walking with Lydia to the bleachers what was her name… Abby? No, Addison? No, Alice? Uh, uh it was… “Hi, I’m Allison.” Oh, yeah that’s what it was. I had her in my Civics class. I nod as I shake her hand and say “hey, I’m Alejandra, but call me Alex.” She grins at me and I see Lydia looking at me and I say “hey Lydia.” She looks at me for another second, but turns away a moment later. What did Stiles see in her? Allison smiles sheepishly at me. I smiled back and turn to the game in time to see Scott catching balls left and right.
“Woo! Go, Scott! Show em’ whose boss!” The coach shoots me a look, but I ignore him. Allison laughs and asks “is he your boyfriend?” I looked at her and could see she was interested in Scott I answer “no, he’s my brother.” Everyone was asking that. She looks stunned and asks “really? It’s just you don’t look related. Sorry, it’s not my place”- I cut her off and say “nah, it’s cool. We’re not related, but he’s my brother. I’m adopted.” I grin at her as she looks shocked and give her a dorkish salute and climb down the bleachers and watch with Stiles.
{BREAK}
After practice I was supposed to pick up Rome, but the guys convinced me to wait until we found Scott’s inhaler that he dropped last night. As we walked through the preserve I exclaimed “you were amazing at tryouts Scott!” Scott smiled boyishly and said “yeah, I don’t even know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. But that’s not the only weird thing; I hear stuff I shouldn’t be able to hear. I smell stuff.” Stiles asked “smell things? Like what?” Scott took a whiff and said “like the mint mojito gum in your pocket.” Stiles replies “what? I don’t have any mojito gum.” He checks his pockets and pulls out a piece of gum. Scott takes another whiff and says “Alex I can smell your hairspray, some perfume, and strawberry body wash.”
I look at Stiles and Scott weirdly as I began listing his symptoms and I didn’t like where it was going. Stiles asks “so all this started because of the bite?” Scott asks “what if it’s like an infection? Like, my body’s flowing with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?” I look at Scott and say “that’s why we should have gone to the hospital.” Stiles says “I think I heard of this before, it’s a specific kind of infection.” I raise an eyebrow “are you serious?” Scott asked. Stiles answers “you know this too Alex. It’s called Lycanthropy.” I had thought of that, but I didn’t want to say anything since I knew Stiles was kidding. Scott looks at me and asks “you do? What is it? Is that bad?” Stiles replies “oh, yeah. It’s the worse. It only comes on once a month. On a full moon.” Stiles starts howling while I roll my eyes. Scott pushes Stiles. I turn to Scott as he tells us “something could seriously be wrong me guys.”
Stiles counters “I know. You’re a werewolf.” I actually thought that it may be true. I decided I’d look more into it at home. Scott rolled his eyes and Stiles said “I’m kidding Scott, but if you see me melting all the silver I can get it’s because Friday is a full moon.” Scott drops down and starts looking as he drops down and jokes about the inhaler costing 80 dollars. I look over by a log and crouch down as I begin leafing through until two shoes block me. I hear Scott say “Alex!” I quickly rake my eyes up the figure as I stand up quickly and almost fall back on my ass and my face burns in embarrassment, but the man uses fast reflexes and pulls me in a standing position. Now, I’m face to face with him and my cheeks are on fire as I see he was beautiful and I made a complete fool of myself. I hated that I was so uncoordinated. And I don’t call anyone beautiful, but this guy towered over me he was at least six feet tall, broad shouldered, black short spiked hair, and the most greenish eyes I had ever seen. My heart pounded in embarrassment and nervousness.
My throat closed up as he ignored my brother and Scott as he asked me “what are you doing here, huh? This is private property.” He sounded angry. My throat was dry as I tried to find a sarcastic remark about how the hell were the woods private property, but realized he still had a hold on my arm. I shrugged him off as Stiles replied “uh, sorry man we didn’t know.” Scott stayed quiet and I found my voice but it came out softly as I asked “we were looking for his inhaler, but never mind.” I turned to walk away, but he caught my wrist and handed me the inhaler as he looked at Scott and Stiles. He took a long glance at me before he walked away. I couldn’t help but watch him walk away and suddenly the lyric ‘I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave’ entered my mind. Once he was out of earshot I took in a deep breath that I realized I’d been holding.
I slowly walked to Scott and Stiles picturing him in my mind. Stiles asked me “you okay?” I snapped out of it as I hit them both upside the head and said “thanks for the help! He could have been the murderer!” Stiles snickered and said “it didn’t look like you were screaming bloody murder, but I bet you wanted to scream from something else.” He wiggled his eyebrows as I gasped and my face flooded with color as I hit him repeatedly. Scott interrupts me by saying “alright. Alex I have work, and you got to pick up Romeo.” Stiles suddenly blurts “guys! That was Derek Hale!” I raised an eyebrow and he asks Scott “you remember him right? He’s only like a few years older than us.” Scott asks “remember what?” Stiles explained “his family. They all burned to death in a fire like ten years ago.” I suddenly felt sad for him and said “poor Derek.” He lost his parents too, like me except it wasn’t just his parents his whole family. Scott rhetorically asks “wonder what he’s doing back?”