Status: I'm back! With a new story

A Broken Full Moon

Ch.4 I Will Not Die, I’ll Wait Here For You Pt.1/2

A Broken Full Moon
Ch.4 I Will Not Die, I’ll Wait Here For You Pt.1/2
(Time Of Dying-Three Days Grace) 4.0 = Magic Bullet
After Stiles left, I went to Rome’s room. I lay beside him, with Rome’s head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around him, as he nestled into me. I couldn’t believe Derek had done that, I was so pissed and worried. In that moment I truly hated Derek and was just too worried to even think rationally, but somehow I managed and called Stiles while I went to Derek’s house. Since I was thirteen, in my mind it was engraved to watch over Rome no matter what and it seemed like I failed Rome’s parents and mine.
What if it hadn’t been Derek? I didn’t even want to imagine. My parents would’ve been disappointed just like Rome’s. I was meant to protect Rome, and I hadn’t. I let a tear slip before it became a small sob and soon a lot followed for two minutes. I sniffed so I could stop crying, I didn’t want to wake Rome up. I just held him until I fell asleep.
{BREAK}
“Oh, come on!” I tried starting my car but it wouldn’t move. It was a dreaded Monday. Everything was going fine except now. Scott had left in his bike like every morning and I was just about to leave to drop Rome off when my freaking car just had to die on me. I popped the hood up and saw that it was because my fan belt was broken. I hit the steering wheel and called up Andy, my preferred mechanic, “yo?” He answered. I said “hey, Andy I need you to fix up my car. I think it’s just the fan belt so do you think you can tow it to your garage and have it fixed by this afternoon?” He answered “well, if it’s just the fan belt sure, but I’m gonna check her all over to make sure it’s not something worse.”
I said “thanks, I got to leave for school and drop off Rome so I’ll leave her unlocked.” I grabbed Rome and I called Stiles “hey do you think you could do me a huge favor?” Stiles asked “depends what it is Alex.” I said “drop off Rome at Gloria’s and me to school, please.” Stiles sighed as he whined “that means I have to get up now!” I reminded him “yes, but you and Scott owe me for the whole telling Allison that Derek is my boyfriend thing.” I heard him sigh and he answered “you’re lucky, you’re my best friend Alex. I’ll be there in twenty.” I replied “alright, bye Stiles.”
{BREAK}
So after dropping off Rome Stiles and I headed to school and I met with them in third period. Stiles sat behind Scott while I sat beside Stiles. Scott filled us in on what he did the night before. I asked “Derek isn’t the alpha if he didn’t bite you, who did?” Scott “I don’t know.” Stiles ask “did the alpha kill the bus driver?” Scott replies “I don’t know,” Stiles huffs frustrated. Stiles asks “does Allison’s dad know about the alpha?”
Scott yells “I don’t know!” Everyone eyes him. As we get our tests back I got a B which I was very content with Stiles says “dude you need to study more.” I looked over and saw Scott had made a D while Stiles surprisingly had gotten an A. I leaned over and smacked Scott on his head as he glared at me and I innocently look away. Scott sighs and Stiles says “Dude it’s a joke, its one test you’ll make it over. You want help studying?” Scott answers “No, I’m studying with Allison after school today.” Stiles “that’s my boy.” I smirked as I said “right.” Scott replies “we’re just studying.” Stiles interrupts “no you’re not, if you go to her house today and if you squander this opportunity I swear to god I’ll have you deboned.” Scott tiredly says “okay just stop with the questions.” Stiles replies “done, no more questions about the alpha or Derek …especially Derek. He still scares me”. I choked on a laugh as the bell rang, and I left to my class with Eli.
Eli was outside of class waiting for me I asked “how’d the family dinner work out?” Eli snorted and said “real good. I mean with a drug addicted older brother, ex school teacher of a mom and a businessman dad. Its official, my family is dysfunctional.” I laughed at that, “And what are you?” Eli smirked and said “I’m the normal one.” I grinned at him while saying “sure, you are.” He replies “alright I’m the calm and collected one then?”
I say “yes, it’s weird how you’re always calm, no matter what.” On one occasion a guy in our Teen Living class just pushed him around and Eli never said anything, Will was his name. Will would just push him and say “oh, watch out dude.” Eli would just brush it off. Being new sucked eggs, yet through everything Eli always kept his cool. I guess that’s the reason I was attracted to him in the beginning. Attracted as in a friend, nothing more, I didn’t like him. I looked at Eli who was examining my face I asked “what?” He responded “you’re blushing.” I felt my cheeks grow hotter at this so I groaned. He started laughing at me and I gritted “shut up!” I definitely didn’t like him right?
3rd P.O.V
Derek staggers and goes to the high school where he sees Jackson. Derek asks “where is Scott McCall or Alex?” Jackson looks at Derek and is on the offensive as he asks “why should I tell you?” Derek becomes frustrated with him as says “because I asked you politely and I only do that once. Where is Alex?”
“I will not die,
I’ll wait here for you
I feel alive,
When you’re beside me”
Jackson who is unaffected by Derek replies “hmm. Okay tough guy I’ll help you find them if you give me some of what you’re selling him. What is it? Is it Diana ball? Or surge?” Derek realizes what Jackson thinks so he states “steroids.”
Derek tries to leave but Jackson stops him saying “no, girl scout cookies. What the hell do you think I’m talking about? Oh and by the way whatever it is you’re selling I’d stop sampling the merchandise, you looked wrecked. I saw you at the game with her, what do you want with Alex? Huh?”
“I will not die”
Derek sees his blood running down his arm and knows he is getting sicker and moves passed Jackson as he says “I’ll find them myself.” As he goes to move Jackson yanks him back, and says “no, were not done here.” Derek slams him against the lockers and his claws scratch his neck. He leans against a wall where he finds Alex’s voice with Allison’s and Lydia’s…
Alex P.O.V
I was walking to Stiles’ last class when I ran into Allison and Lydia. I tuned them out when they talked about lacrosse. Allison says “yeah, I’m studying with Scott tonight.” I smirk as I say “right, you’re just studying.” Lydia says “yeah, just studying never ends with just studying. It’s like getting in a hot tub until he eventually cops a feel.” I reply “she’s right, Allison.” Allison who is confused asks “so what are you saying?” I sigh, she reminds me of Scott sometimes.
I reply “well, you know, make sure you’re protected.” I didn’t want Scott to be a father so young. I felt like I was giving the sex talk to Scott again. Lydia explains “hello, snow white, I’m talking about a condom.” Allison looked startled when she said “are you two kidding, after one date?” Yeah, it seemed quick but they both were so into each other it seemed more than likely. Lydia started talking about giving Scott a taste so I cut in, “and that’s my queue to leave. I’ll catch you all later!”
Turns out not only my fan belt was busted but a piece of engine was too, Andy called me during lunch, so Stiles agreed to drive me everywhere until my car was all set. I saw Stiles up ahead so I ran to him “hey Stiles.” He nodded and asked “we picking up Rome?” I nodded. So we got into his Jeep. I turned the radio to a rock station and Nickelback’s ‘Burn It to the Ground’ came on. As we were leaving school a figure jumped in the front of my car. I’ll admit it, I screeched for a second, while Stiles yelled out “oh my god,” until we realized it was Derek. He fell to the ground, and a part of me worried but the larger part me was still pissed off.
I slowly got out of my car since we were holding up traffic. Derek fell down.
“On the ground I lay,
Motionless in pain
I can see my life,
Flashing before my eyes”
I flipped off the cars behind me as they kept beeping. I crouched down beside Scott as Derek says “I was shot.” Stiles said “he’s not looking too good guys.” I stood up beside Scott as I asked “why aren’t you healing?” Derek looked up at me as he answered “I can’t.” I raised an eyebrow and he explained “it was-it was a different kind of bullet.” Stiles asked “what, a silver bullet?” He gasped out “no, you idiot.” I snorted at that. Stiles swatted my head. Scott said “wait, that’s what she meant when she said you had forty eight hours.”
Somebody was trying to kill Derek? Derek seemed confused as he asked “what, who said forty eight hours?” Scott answered “the one who shot you.” So, they must’ve been hunters if they knew that the bullets would affect a werewolf. Derek took in a breath as his eyes shifted to an amazing blue color. Scott immediately said “what are you doing? Stop that!” Derek gritted out “I told you I can’t!”
Even though I still had big grudge against Derek, we definitely didn’t need him wolfing out on us. I did what I usually did to Rome after he had nightmare or when he was sick, I softly ran my hand through his hair with gentle motions. Derek’s breathing soon calmed somewhat as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he open his eyes and looked into my own. We stared at each other for a second until I looked away and Scott said “Derek get up!” Derek gritted his teeth and took a deep breath so I stopped stroking his hair.
“Help me put him in your car,” Scott told Stiles. I swiftly climbed into the back while Stiles and Scott moved Derek to the passenger seat. Stiles’ back seats were not comfortable, they were practically nonexistent, and I was squished so just rested my head in between Stiles’ and Derek’s shoulders. Scott closed the door and Derek told him “I need you to find out what kind of bullet it was.” Scott frustrated asks “how the hell am I supposed to do that?” I raise an eyebrow while Derek answers “she’s an Argent, she’s with them.” Scott questioned “why should I help you?” Scott was actually getting a backbone, while being rebellious in a life and death situation.
“Because you need me,” Derek calmly stated. Scott finally gave up, “fine, I’ll try.” Scott turned to Stiles “alright get out of here.” I interrupted “Scott?” He raised an eyebrow and I said “be careful.” He nodded while Stiles told him “I hate you so much for this.” I rolled my eyes and I said “oh, and Scott?” He sighed and turned to me as Stiles turned on the Jeep, “Try not to get killed.” I replied with a smirk as Stiles sped off too late for Scott to respond.
3rd P.O.V
As Derek, Stiles, and Alex leave Allison goes up to Scott and says “hey, what was he doing here?” Allison worriedly asks “is Alex hurt or something?” Scott “oh no, Alex is fine. Stiles and Alex are just giving Derek a ride, you know since her car broke down, Stiles decided to help them out.” Allison “I thought you guys weren’t friends. Stiles and you hate him right?” Scott “well, were not friends really, but since he’s with Alex, and I am the wonderful brother I am, I wanted to do Alex a favor… So were still studying tonight? I’ll meet you back at your place?” Allison “ok alright.” Scott kisses her cheek as he says “bye.” Allison replies “see you later.”
Alex P.O.V
“Okay, what’s got your boxers in knot?” I questioned after he huffed and sighed for the sixth time. I was so aggravated I had to make Rome wait, for who knows who long at Gloria’s. I had called her not even two minutes ago to tell her how there’s was an emergency with Scott. Stiles replied “well, I don’t know. Maybe it’s the fact that there’s a sick werewolf in my passengers seat, hey, try not to bleed on my seats.” I rolled my eyes at him and said “wow, Stiles and I thought I was insensitive.” Stiles rolled his eyes and said “alright were almost there.” Derek and I questioned “where?” Stiles answered “uh, to your house.” Derek replied “no.” Stiles questioned “I can’t take you to your house?” Derek answered “not while I can’t protect myself.” So Stiles decided to pull over.
I stayed silent, it seemed like Stiles was standing up to Derek finally. Stiles questioned “what happens if Scott can’t find your little magic bullet, huh? Are you dying?” My breath caught in my throat no matter how mad I was at him, I didn’t want him to die.
Derek answered “not yet, I have a last resort.” I leaned in between their shoulders again. I questioned “what are you talking about? What last resort?” Derek turned to face me and I noticed he looked even worse than before. Derek smirked as he said “so you’re talking to me now?” I rolled my eyes so he rolled up his sleeve and I caught sight of the wound, I turned away as I gagged. Stiles saw it too and he said “oh my god, what is that?” I said “what do you think it is? It’s the friggin’ bullet wound, numb nuts.” Stiles wacked me on my head as he asked “is that contagious?” I rolled my eyes at him and he told Derek “you know what? You should probably just get out.”
In a dangerously attractive voice Derek said “Start the car. Now,” I blushed at my thoughts. Stiles countered “I don’t think you should be barking orders with the way you look.” I raised an eyebrow at his confidence. Stiles continued “if I wanted to I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out in the middle of the road and leave you for dead.” Stiles sounded pretty bad ass and I had to give him credit for that, it sounded like he almost meant it. I saw the look in Derek’s eyes so I actually leant back in my seat as Derek turned to face Stiles and told him “start the car, or I’m gonna rip out your throat…with my teeth.” Yeah, Derek actually meant it.