‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Bittersweet Memories

My Heart May Be Missing, But My Hands Will Make Up For It

I walked out of the bathroom in my brand new bikini. I dumped all of my clothes on the bed in search of something to wear.

"So, what should we do first, Nik?" As an answer, I received a quick and forceful tackle to the bed. "Why didn't I expect that?"

"I don't know, love. But you get the idea."

"Good things come to those who wait, Nik." I laughed, trying to push him off me. "Later."

"Fine." Klaus agreed, grabbing my hand and helping me up. "What do you want to do first?"

"Hm. I'm not sure, which is why I asked you."

"I have an idea." Klaus said as he grabbed my hand and led me out of the room. "Come on!"

I was enjoying this side of Klaus, the side nobody saw. Yes, this sounds like a repeat of Damon. But it's different. I used to have to beg or force Damon to do fun stuff with me and here's Klaus, suggesting stuff. Gotta admit, it felt different, in a very good way. He took me over to this quad rental place where he compelled the worker to give us one.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as we got on the quad. Klaus wasted no time taking off. "Have you been here before?"

"You'll see and yes I have, a few times over the centuries. Though, it's different every time I've been here. Forgive me if I take you out to no man's land."

This should be interesting. As I rode on the back of the quad, holding onto Klaus' torso, I took in all the beautiful scenery. I even pulled out my phone and snapped a few pictures. It wasn't long before we arrived at our destination, which appeared to still be in tact, by the way.

"Oh my god, it's beautiful!" I nearly screamed.

We got off the quad and Klaus wrapped his arms around my waist. The scene was breathtakingly beautiful. We were at this secluded area of the island, the water was crystal clear with a beautiful waterfall in the back. It was literally perfect.

"I know how much you like swimming..."

"This is amazing." I turned to face him. "I'm in shock, I need to take pictures. I have to remember this!"

"Oh, no." Klaus snatched my phone out of my hand and pointing it towards me. "You can take pictures later, if you must. Now smile, lovely."

I smiled for the picture before taking my clothes off, I wasn't gonna waste any time. That water was too perfect not to swim in. "Enjoying the view?"

"It's not too bad." Klaus grinned before removing his shirt. "Are you?"

I caught myself staring at him, obviously he did as well. "Uh huh, water looks great!"

I jumped in and Klaus went in after me, trying to catch me. I was a bit fast for him and swam away, making him work for it a bit. I got all the way to the waterfall before he caught up to me. Klaus grabbed my hips tight and pulled me above the water.

"I believe you said something about skinny dipping." He grinned, pulling my body closer to his. "And sex."

"You wanna do all the fun stuff in the first day?"

"Well, considering we're only here for the weekend..." He trailed off and lifted me up, wrapping my legs around his body. I let out a small laugh before he leaned in and kissed me. I think I'm gonna like this place.