‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Bittersweet Memories

To the Sky, Flying High, Take Me to the Moon

This vacation is making me question why I decided to return to Mystic Falls in the first place. I could be anywhere in the world I wanted right now, relaxing on sunny beaches for the rest of my life. But, no. I decided to go back to dreadful, gloomy Mystic Falls. For what? That's right, my loved ones. Once I get back, I'm making it my mission to talk to my mother. Aside from Rachel, everybody else has forgiven me, or is at least working on it. I haven't even spoken to my mother yet and I think it's about time we talked about what's happened.

Currently, I'm relaxing at a spa, getting a full body massage. Klaus and I spent the morning hanging by the water, we even went snorkeling and I got to swim with some dolphins. He decided not to join me at the spa and went to look for potential Hybrids instead. Which was fine with me, I probably would of gotten extremely jealous if he was getting a massage from a beautiful Tahitian woman.

Klaus had sent me a text a few moments ago, telling me to meet him back at the Bungalow when I was finished up here. He's probably found some potentials and wants my opinion. But I'm not rushing off just to look at potential Hybrids, I'm gonna milk this relaxation for as long as I can. Who knows when I'll get another day like this. I remembered, I still have that History assignment I'm supposed to be working on with Stefan. We didn't do much with it and should get together soon. It's funny, my life is completely different from any normal high school student and here I am, worried about my grades. But like I said, I'm determined to not compel my way to graduation.

"I'm back, Nik." I announced as I walked through the door, setting my sunglasses on the side table. "How was your afternoon?"

"Boring." He said. "Not one potential, what a waste."

"Nobody at all?"

"Are you kidding? I don't think there's a single Werewolf on this island!"

"Hm, what a shame. So then what did you call me back for?"

"Dinner, love." Klaus smirked. "We can eat at that restaurant you spotted earlier. Then, I don't know, eat the waitress for dessert?"

I had to laugh at him, he was pretty bummed out. It couldn't of been from not finding Werewolves to make Hybrids though, it had to be something else. Something about him was just off. "Alright, I'm gonna get changed."

"Hurry up!"

I quickly pecked his cheek and disappeared into the other room. Sure, we don't need actual food for survival, but that never stopped me from eating. Food is just too good to give up, who cares if I don't technically need it? I try to live a normal life and do normal, human things. Aside from sucking the life out of people, of course.

"Somethings off about you, Niklaus." I observed him from the other side of the table. "Does this have something to do with the worries back in Mystic Falls you won't tell me about?"

"Do you have to be so observant, Savannah?"

"You know, if there's something going on, you should tell me." I leaned in a little closer. "Maybe I can help."

Klaus brushed his fingertips against my hand, which was stretched out to his side on the table. He had a hard look on his face and lips were scrunched up, like he was debating telling me what was going on. Could it really be that bad? "I want you to enjoy yourself while we're here."

"I am enjoying myself." I assured him. "If you don't think I can handle it, you're sadly mistaken. Because I-"

Klaus cut me off with a small laugh and a smirk. He looked up at me with those intense eyes and I nearly melted. He reached over and grabbed my hand this time before he spoke. "Believe me, Savannah. I know just how tough you are, love."

"It's our last night here, Niklaus." I started. "Let's skip dessert and go to bed."

Image


I laid there breathlessly next to Klaus, trying to calm my body down. I felt like I was going to fall to pieces if he touched me again. We looked over at each other in unison and I almost laughed when he finally spoke.

"Again? Go for round four?" He said as he reached over for me.

I actually did laugh and backed away from him. "Oh no, don't you touch me." I grinned. "The word 'again' only works so many times."

"Okay, I'll give you a break...for now." Klaus said while pulling me in close. I pulled the covers up over our bodies and began to trace his birds of a feather tattoo. I began to think, which is never a good thing.

"What are we doing, Nik?" I asked

"Well, we're on vacation in Tahiti and we're laying in bed."

I wanted to wipe that smirk off his face, he knew that wasn't what I meant. "You know what I mean. Why me?"

"I don't follow, love."

Now he was just screwing with me. I finally looked up at him to see him staring down at me, I gave him a little glare and continued. "You're Klaus Mikaelson. You're capable of doing terrible, ruthless things. Things I couldn't even imagine a person doing. I'm supposed to believe, for some reason, you only care about me?"

"The fact that I am capable of such things is just one of the things that attracts you to me. Right?"

Jesus, was he right about that? Well, knowing my track record with guys, it seems logical, definitely not impossible. I decided to change the subject. "You didn't answer my question."

Klaus shifted our bodies so we were now laying side by side. He stared at me, just like he did that night at his families little 'house warming' party. It made me uncomfortable, but I stared back anyway. Determined to get an answer.

"I think I've made it more than clear that I fancy you, in fact it's gone beyond that. Savannah, there's just something about you that really gets me going. Makes me want to know every single thing about you. You're strong willed, courageous and brave, even if you don't always see it." Klaus went on. "I enjoy your company, I like how tough you are. I also like that you were too smart to be seduced by me. Not to mention, you're undeniably beautiful."

Dammit! He did it again! I'm swooning. I'm fucking swooning and I can't stop it. This was bound to happen eventually, I think I'm starting to feel something for this man, just a little. He has officially started chipping away at that tough exterior I've tried so hard to build up, but I won't let him know this. He thinks so highly of me, thinks I'm beautiful and basically told me he believes in me. I know he's done horrible things, hell, I've seen some of the ruthless things he did! Yet he cares about me. Me and only me. I didn't even know what to say to him at this point.

"You think I'm brave?" I asked

"Is that the only thing you caught from that?" He smirked. "Yes, I think you're incredibly brave, Savannah. You're on vampire I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley."

Apparently he's got some jokes, too. "Okay, if you like me so much, why not do something about it already?"

"What? Court you or something?" I nodded my head. "Two reasons."

"I'm waiting."

"Your connection to Damon and your friends."

Confused, I sat up in bed. Klaus sat up with me, looking a bit concerned. "What connection to Damon? I'm done with him."

"But you're not, love." Klaus said. "I understand, you loved him a lot. You became a vampire with intentions of being with him forever. You even stated you wanted to hurt him like he's hurt you. If you still want to hurt him, you're not over him and what happened between the two of you. I do fancy you a lot, but you know I am very possessive. I want you to want me and only me."

I was honestly a bit in shock. He doesn't think I'm over Damon! But he's right, I'm not over him. Not fully. "What about my friends? You want me to give up my friends for you?"

Klaus began to laugh. "Of course not! Which is why your friends are the second reason. There's a war brewing between the Salvatores, your friends, and me. I don't want you to have to choose between me and your friends, I already know you were in that position once before. I refuse to put you through that."

My head is spinning. This is enough pillow talk for me! This is what I get for thinking! Why talk when we can just have sex? I'd like to go back to summer, when Klaus and I traveled the world, had great sex and didn't talk about feelings. Ugh!

"Niklaus, what's going on back in Mystic Falls? What aren't you telling me?" I asked. I was sick of him beating around the bush, using this trip as his excuse for not telling me. "Vacation is over, we're going home in hours. Spill."

Klaus let out a sigh, but nodded his head. Agreeing to finally tell me. "I need you to do something for me. This is very important."

"What's that?" I asked.

"I know your friends are cooking up some scheme to kill me and my family." He told me. "Before we left, Rebekah found out information about there being some more white oak in Mystic Falls."

"White oak? I thought-"

"We all thought we burned it all. I had Rebekah finding out anything she can about where the remains of the white oak tree are. Unfortunately, she came up empty handed."

"Okay, so why do you think my friends are cooking up some scheme?" I asked him. "And if you're referring to Damon and Elena as my friends, you're sadly mistaken."

"Well, your friends are friends with them, so make nice. This is very important, I need you to go back to Mystic Falls and find out anything you can about what they're up to."

"And why would they tell me anything? They think we're together, they don't trust me."

"Make them trust you, love." Klaus said as he pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "Make them think I did something so horrible to you, something so horrible that makes you hate me. Make them think you want me dead."

"How am I supposed to do that?"

"I know you can be very manipulative if you want to be." Klaus grinned at me. "Make Damon have hope. Say, horrible, unspeakable things about me. It's not hard, I'm sure your friends have already said some choice words you can repeat."

"Wait...you want me to make nice with Damon? Are you out of your mind, Niklaus!?"

"Do whatever it takes, Savannah. They kill all us of, they can easily wipe out the whole vampire species." Klaus said. "When we leave here in the morning, we're going to go our separate ways. You're gonna go home and I'll be off searching for Finn, he's bound to know where my mother is."

"I'll do it. But I don't understand, the whole vampire species?"

Klaus wrapped an arm around my shoulder as he started to explain. "There's something your friends don't know, Savannah. You kill one original, you kill every single vampire they've turned, and every vampire who was turned from their bloodline. Since my siblings and I are all linked, we die, every vampire dies. Including you, including Caroline."

I sat there with my mouth hung open. "Holy shit."