‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Bittersweet Memories

His Lips Are Dripping Honey, But He'll Sting You Like a Bee

Klaus and I parted ways in the morning. I went back to Mystic Falls and he went in search of Finn, he needs all his siblings together in order to unlink them from his mothers spell. Where he found another witch who will actually help him, I'm not sure.

I didn't feel right lying to Caroline. But chances are, if there is something going on, she most likely knows and has no intentions on telling me. I can't fault her for that, though. We're on different sides in this war, and we promised each other we wouldn't get mad at each other for standing up for what we want. I just hope that remains true. But in all honesty, I'm not just doing this for Klaus. I'm doing this for her, for Stefan, and myself. To save our lives.

I walked up the stone pathway to Caroline's house. Trying to get myself in check as I braced myself for all the lying and convincing I was about to do. Giving myself a small pep talk before knocking on the door. I can do this, they will trust me. Here goes nothing...

"Caroline!" I yelled as I barged into her house. I could smell that Elena was here too, which makes it even better. I'll just act like I have no idea and start my rant. If Elena thinks she wasn't supposed to know, the more likely she is to believe me. "You won't believe what happened!"

"Savannah!" Caroline said happily as she walked into the room with a smile on her face. "You're so tan! I'm jealous!"

"Fuck the tan, Caroline!" I said with as much hatred as I could. I needed to make this believable.

"What happened, Savannah?"

"Klaus happened!" I screamed. "I...I don't know what I was thinking! How could I trust him?! How could I actually believe he even liked me?!"

"Calm down, Sav. What did Klaus do?"

"So we get there. He acts like a total prick, starts hitting on random local girls and completely ignores me. Then, the whole time, all he did was scout for hybrids. He's obsessed with making stupid hybrids!" I ranted on. "Then, he told me to get used to it. This is who he is and I'll never change him. But what bothered me the most...he said if I didn't like it, he'd just go after my loved ones. You know how Klaus is, but I never expected him to say those words to me!"

"WHAT?! I hate to say this, but I have to. I told you! He's no good, girl! He's no good for you!"

"I'm so stupid." I let a few tears out. "He threatened Rachel and Justin. You, Bonnie, and Matt! I didn't think he'd ever do that! He wants me to be with him forever, one way or another. I told him I wasn't ready and just wanted to take things extremely slow. He said if I deny him, he'll turn all of you, and then he'll kill you...just for sport."

"Okay, Savannah." Caroline tried to calm me down. "Klaus is a psychopath. He'll...we'll stop him somehow."

"No! I want him dead now before he tries to actually hurt one of you!" I was being very dramatic and Caroline was actually believing it. "I already denied him, it's only a matter of time before he starts coming after my loved ones. I HAVE TO PROTECT RACHEL AND JUSTIN, I HAVE TO KEEP THEM SAFE!"

Right on time, Elena enters the room. My face turned to shock and embarrassment when I saw she was here the whole time and heard my whole rant. "I wasn't listening, I swear. But Stefan told us to meet him."

"Caroline!" I yelled, 'trying' to ignore the fact Elena was here the whole time. "Please, don't leave me!"

"You can come with us!" Elena offered. Bingo. She's so gullible.

"Are you sure?" I asked in the quietest voice I could conjure up. "It's okay...really. I'll just...I'll figure something out. I'll find a way to protect them from Klaus."

"No. You should be with friends right now." She said. "Even if you don't consider me one of them. Caroline and Matt will be there. Even Stefan."

I wiped some tears away and nodded my head slowly as I followed the two of them out of the house. This was way too easy. We arrived at the woods and were just walking around. I remained quiet as the two of them talked. Apparently, Alaric is the one who killed Caroline's dad. I mean, a demon obsessed Alaric. That has to be horrible, poor Ric.

Soon Matt appeared and we got to talking. I even told him the same story I told Caroline. I was even more convincing the second time around. The three of them began to wonder why Stefan called them there. That's when he appeared with a duffel bag in his hand and Damon at his side. The two of them paused when they saw me standing there.

"It's okay." Caroline told them. "Whatever you can tell us, you can tell Savannah. She's been through a lot this weekend."

"Even if it's about Klaus?" Damon stared at me, testing the waters. Ugh, here it goes.

"Please, do not speak his name unless you're telling me how you plan to kill him." I glared. Stefan and Damon perked up a bit, intrigued by the comment I just made.

"Well, well, well..." Damon went off. "It was only a matter of time before he did something to make him hate you. Come on, spill. What happened?"

"He did the same thing you did to me." I spat at him, as I saw Elena look down from the corner of my eye. "He neglected me, made me feel like shit, and put my second. I guess second place is all I'll ever be, in every man's eyes."

"Ouch." Damon said, sarcasm dripping from his mouth.

"Only this time, he didn't fall in love with my best friend." I said, staring a hole right into Damon's head. "He threatened my friends and family with a miserable life, sired to him. He then promised to kill them all when he got bored. Now, if you want to talk about killing that bastard, I'm in."

Everyone got quiet. I looked over at the Salvatores, they were debating whether or not they could trust me. Finally, Stefan dropped his bag on the ground to reveal at least ten stakes. "We have a weapon to kill Klaus."

"A stake? You're gonna stake him?" I teased. "Yes, because that worked so well on Elijah the first time around."

"They're White Oak stakes, sweetheart." Damon grinned at me. "From the Wickery Bridge sign."

"They are the only weapons that can kill all the originals." Stefan said, he grabbed one hand held it out to me. "Are you in?"

"Only if I get to stake him myself." I was laying it on thick. I accepted the stake and gave Stefan a knowing smile.

"Only if I don't beat you to it."

"So, what's the plan?" Elena asked.

"With Savannah being here, the plan got a whole lot easier." Stefan said. "We go after Rebekah, she's obviously the weakest link. Savannah, all you have to do is keep Klaus distracted. Tell him you forgive him, say anything you can to keep him with you. Seduce him if you have to."

Damon let out a groan. "We get it Stef, she likes the evil, psychopathic Hybrid. After all the time they've spent together, I'm sure she can handle him."

"Excuse me, Damon. Are you jealous?" Stefan said in his leader Stefan voice. "Think you can put your feelings aside while we kill some Originals? After all, Savannah running away with Klaus was directly your fault anyway."

"Don't act so high and mighty, Damon. You were a psychopath when I met you, too." I spat.

"Awkward.." Caroline said out loud.

"Whatever you say, brother." Damon said, not daring to even look at me.

I stayed out a while longer to talk with Caroline about my fight with Klaus. Obviously, she never knew about the white oak stakes, since we just found out together. Now I'll never know if she would of told me or not. Maybe it's better if I don't know. I just hope there's no hard feelings for going behind her back.

I arrived home and Klaus greeted me. "I take it you found Finn?" I asked

"I did. Only a matter of time before we're unlinked." Klaus said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "How did you do?"

"Well, I got something really good. I didn't even have to flirt with Damon to get it."

"Well, don't keep me waiting, love."

"This." I pulled the stake out of my purse and handed it over to Klaus. "Is a stake made from the Wickery Bridge sign. White Oak."

"What?!" He asked as he snatched it out of my hand. "How many are there?"

"Counting this one? 11."

"You did good, love."

"I know." I gave a cute smile. I got curious when I heard Damon's groaning upstairs. He seems to be in pain and I couldn't help but check it out. Klaus followed behind me as we approached Rebekah's room. I was shocked to see Damon hanging from the ceiling with his shirt ripped open. She was inflicting so much pain on him, cutting open his chest over and over again. "Wow, Rebekah. I give you a solid ten."

"I figured you'd be pleased." She grinned as she drug a knife down his chest once more, that really has to hurt.

"Savannah, I thought you..." Damon trailed off as he winced in pain.

"What? Thought she had betrayed me and come to join the good fight?" Klaus laughed as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "It looks like our sweet Savannah here is very good at manipulation."

"Son of a bitch!" Damon yelled.

"Doesn't feel good to be played, huh Damon?" I laughed with a grin.

"Well now that I know what you're up to, there's going to be hell to pay." Klaus said as the two of us walked out of the room, leaving Rebekah to her business.

I went to shower and then to lay down for a little nap. I figured by the time I woke up, Klaus and his siblings would be unlinked and only part of our problem would be gone. I already knew they were still gonna try their hardest to kill Klaus, to keep Elena safe. The only thing that would possibly stop them from trying is if one of them was turned from his bloodline.

"You missed all the fun, lovely." Klaus said, waking me from my slumber. I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I asked with a yawn.

"My siblings are I are unlinked. Finn is dead. Stefan Salvatore handed me a bag of stakes in exchange for his brother." Klaus said.

"Finn's dead?!" I yelled, absentmindedly throwing my hand over my heart. "I'm still alive, so it wasn't him."

If I was alive, that meant Stefan and Damon were alive also, Tyler was safe because Klaus turned him. I'm pretty sure the man who turned Caroline was turned by Katherine, so that meant we were okay. One down, four to go.

"You're fine, love, relax. Stefan only gave me eight stakes." Klaus informed me. "We struck a deal, the remaining three and we spare their lives."

I nodded my head in agreement. I hope Stefan comes through. I know what Klaus is capable of, he could kill Stefan easily if he really wanted to. I didn't want Stefan to die, Damon though, I could care less about.

"You could of easily sided with your friends and turned against me. Why didn't you?" Klaus asked.

"Why is it so hard for you to believe you have people who care about you? You don't need to compel everyone for their loyalty." I told him. "Especially not me."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"You know I'm on your side." I said as I took his hand. "Yes, I'm friends with half of them, but I'm still on your side. I care about you and in the back of your mind, you know its true. If you had any real doubts about my loyalty to you, you would of never asked me for help. If giving you that stake doesn't make you believe it, then I don't know what will."

"Did you just admit you care about me?" Klaus asked.

Wait..did I? That was an accident, it just slipped out. "Goodnight, Niklaus."