‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Bittersweet Memories

You Left a Hole Where My Heart Should Be

"Savannah...Savannah..." I heard a familiar, annoying voice coming into my dreams. I turned over and opened my eyes to see Kelly, the newest addition of Klaus' hybrids. Klaus took his hybrids and went off to Mystic Falls without me. Apparently Mikel, who Klaus revealed as his father, is dead and Klaus wants his body as proof.

As for me, Klaus dropped Kelly and I off in Atlanta, Georgia. Atlanta, of all places. He could of picked any other place in the world but it just had to be Atlanta.

"What time is it?" I asked her as I sat up in bed. Lately, I've been lacking friends, obviously. Klaus is okay but to be around him 24/7 with nobody else to talk to is getting absolutely boring. So, Klaus turned Kelly into a hybrid and gave her to me to use at my disposal, isn't he sweet? Kelly was no Caroline though and I missed the hell out of her.

"Its almost noon, what do you wanna do today?"

Kelly's overly perkiness was very annoying, it could be 7AM and she'd be the most cheerful person. Her blonde hair was annoying, there was only room for one bubbly blonde in my life. But since she's not here, I guess there is room for Kelly. Kelly's voice is annoying and very high pitched, ya know...one of those girls who talk like babies. She wore too much makeup and doesn't even own one pair of sweatpants. Her driving is ridiculous, if I wasn't already dead, I'm sure she would of killed me by now. The way she flirts with Klaus is also highly annoying, sometimes it makes me want to ring her little neck. But, Kelly had one hell of a fashion sense, we even shared a mutual love for feeding on worthless men. I appreciated that.

"Let's go shopping." I suggested with a shrug. What else could we do? Unless we're hunting or shopping, I really can't enjoy her company. I'm kind of pissed at Klaus for leaving me with her, I would of been fine off on my own until he returns.

I stumbled out of bed and headed into the bathroom to get ready to go out. Kelly was already dressed and ready to go, I assume she was awake at the crack of fucking dawn too. After showering and getting dressed, Kelly and I headed out.

"Oh my gosh! Your hair looks really pretty today!" Kelly squealed. Shoot me

Klaus bought me a new car since I couldn't drive mine, obviously I wonder whatever happened to the thing. I now drive a Honda Civic Si Coupe, its white with black rims and I absolutely love it. It wasn't very expensive but its cute and really fast.

"Lord help me." Damon says

"Too bad, I'm not turning it off." I said, referring to the Taylor Swift song on the radio

"Then I will" He goes to touch the radio

"Do it and I'll bite you."

"Oh, I'll bite you back." He grins at me

The look on his face distracts me and the song is soon off. I keep true to my word and I bite his arm, of course it doesn't hurt him. He laughs and leans over, close to my neck.

"Damon! Don't you dare!" I warn "And watch the road!"

Instead of biting me, he kisses my neck softly and then goes back to driving.


"Uh...EARTH TO SAVANNAH!" Kelly waves a hand in my face, snapping me out of my trance. I swerve to avoid side swiping the parked car beside me

"What?" I ask

"I said that store over there looks good, let's go." she says. I pull into a parking lot, we get out of the car and head into the store. It looks like a pretty high end place. "Are you alright?"

"What?" I asked as if I didn't hear her. "I mean...yeah. Of course, I'm fine."

The two of us shopped around the store for a bit. I only found a few things I liked and soon we were onto the next store. The street we were on was full of various different stores, soon it was becoming familiar, like I've been here before. Then I saw the store.

Damon and I were shopping, we were trying on sunglasses in the mirror when I spotted this really awesome fedora. I grab it and put it on Damon.

"You look amazing." I say

"I don't do Fedora's" He laughs

"But look how hot you look" I pull him to a mirror

"I do look good" He smirks

"You're getting it."

"Oh, fine."


"Let's go." Kelly said as she latched onto my arm to get me into the store

"NO!" I hissed, snatching my arm away from her grasp

"Why not?"

"Look, I-" The sound of my phone going off interrupted me. I took a look at the I.D. and it was Klaus, boy is he gonna get it. "I'm gonna take this, go ahead without me."

Kelly nodded and ran off into the store as I answered the phone. "Hello, lovely-"

"Niklaus, where the fuck are you?!" I said through my teeth

"I'm on my way, I had to take care of something. Something wrong?"

"You left me alone with Kelly, that's whats wrong."

"I got her for you, what's the problem?"

"You know how annoying she is! I can only handle her in moderation." I sighed, completely annoyed. "When should you be back?"

"An hour or two."

"See you soon."

I hung up the phone and shoved in back into my purse. I glanced at the doors in the store, I didn't want to go in there. I didn't wanna be anywhere near this store, and I definitely didn't want to be in Atlanta. We must leave this place as soon as Klaus returns, all it brings me is painful memories. Memories I don't want to relive, it brings me Damon. No matter how much I try to push them away and turn off all emotions, they still haunt me.

"I didn't see anything I liked, let's go!" Kelly said as she came out. We went to two more stores before returning to the hotel we were staying at. Of course, we had the penthouse suite so it hardly felt like an actual hotel.

I waited around another hour for Klaus to returned, I used the time to catch up on a TV show I haven't had time to watch. "I don't want to talk about it." Klaus said as he sat on the couch with a drink from our bar in his hand

"It's okay, I didn't wanna hear about it." I smirked. "Can we get out of here?"

"Why? I haven't even gotten the chance to enjoy Atlanta."

"Because, I-"

"Hi, Klaus!" Kelly's voice echoed throughout the room when she entered, dressed in a babydoll. Really? She stood right in front of us, blocking my view of the television. "How was your trip?"

"Fine." Klaus responded, completely unfazed by the fact she was half naked.

"Could you move out of the way and go put some clothes on?" I asked before turning to Klaus. "Wait, where are the hybrids?"

"Dead." He goes on to say something else but his phone starts to ring. Clearly frustrated, he answers it anyway. I watch his facial expressions change from surprised to angry to vengeful. "I swear I will kill you and anyone you've ever loved!"

"What happened?" I asked as he hung up the phone and threw it at the wall

"We're going to Mystic Falls."