Status: Complete

When Worlds Collide: Book Two, Earth

17

UNEDITED

/////Sam's POV\\\\\

We were almost to the wall, still with Fong and his family, when we spotted Aang gliding towards us, followed by Momo.

"Aang, what are you doing here?" Katara asked. "I thought you were looking for Appa."

"I was," he said. "But something stopped me. Something big."

"How big?" I asked hesitantly, and he lead us to the base of the wall, where he and Toph used earth bending to send us flying up.

"What's so big that Appa has to wait?" Sokka asked, crossing his arms.

"I'm guessing that," I said, and pointed to a giant, metal worm.

"We made it to Be Sing Se, and we're still not safe," Ying cried, cradling her new daughter. "No one is."

"What are you people doing here?" a guard shouted from behind us. "Civilians aren't allowed on the wall."

Aang turned to greet the man, with a determined look. "I'm the Avatar," he stated. "Take me to whoevers in charge."

The man quickly obliged, and took us to a room. Fong and his family were escorted out, but we were left in front of man sitting at a desk.

"It is an honor you welcome you to the outer wall, young Avatar," the man said. He had a stringy mustache, and an old, wrinkled face. "But your help is not needed."

"Not needed?" Aang countered.

"Not needed," he clarified. "I have the situation under control. I assure you. The Fire Nation cannot penetrate this wall. Many have tried to break through it, but none have succeeded."

"What about the Dragon of the West? He got in," Toph snapped, and the dude stiffened.

I blew a low whistle, and chuckled.

"Well, techniquely, yes, but he was quickly expunged," the guy rushed, and Toph and Sokka raised an eyebrow. The man cleared his throat before continuing. "Nevertheless, that is why the city is named 'Be Sing Se'. It's the impeneshable city. They don't call it Na Sing Se!" He laughed, but I just cocked my head, not understanding his odd humor. He must of caught my expression, because he stopped. "That mean penishable city."

"Right...," I drawled. "Anyway. There's still the whole drill problem."

"Not for long!" he protested. "To stop it, I've sent an elite pitoon of earth benders called, the Terror Team."

"That's a good group name!" Sokka chimed. "Very catchy..."

"No it's not," I said. "It reminds of something... Something to do with history back on my world. It involved the guillotine..."

"What are you talking about?" Katara asked, but I waved her off.

"It'll come to me," I assured her.

She just rolled her eyes, and walked over to the ledge of the wall. I followed, and gasped at the sight below us. The 'Terror Team' was trying to stop the drill, but were failing - badly. We watched as Tai Lee took down the entire 'elite' force in under a minute, and the general guy stood up.

"We're doomed!" he cried.

To all our surprise, Sokka slapped him across the face. "Get ahold of yourself, man!" he shouted.

"You're right," the guy said, rubbing his cheek. "I'm sorry."

"Maybe you'd like the Avatars help now?" Toph asked innocently.

"Yes please," he whined, sounding pathetic.

I stared at Sokka, studying him, with my head tilted.

"What?" he asked, sounding scared.

"I have a new found respect for you, Sokka," I told him.

"Erm, thanks?"

I laughed at him, and went to stand next to Toph.

"So the question is," Aang started, "how do we stop this thing?"

We all turned to stare at Sokka, waiting.

When he noticed, he took a step back. "Why are you all looking at me now? Do you all have new found respect for me too?"

"No," Katara snorted.

"You're the idea guy," Aang told him.

"So I'm the only one who can come up with a plan?" Sokka asked, crossing his arms. "That's a lot of pressure."

"And also the complaining guy," Katara teased, and Aang smiled.

"That part I don't mind," Sokka muttered.

"Well, while you think of a plan, we should probably help the 'Terror Team' with their injured." They followed my finger, to where I was pointing to dozen men being carried.

"Good thinking," Katara said, and lead the way to what I was guessing was the infirmary.

I helped out as best as I could, but Katara was able to the most help, as she could magically heal the hurt.

"What's wrong with him?" the general guy asked Katara, while she did her healing water trick. I got a cool, wet towel, and placed it on his forehead, trying to get him to calm down.

"His chi is blocked," she answered. The guy groaned, and moved his arm. "Who did this to you?"

"Two girls ambushed us," the guy managed. "One of them hit me with a few quick jabs, and suddenly I couldn't earth bend. And I couldn't move. And then she cartwheeled away."

"Cartwheeled, huh?" I asked, sharing a look with Katara, whose eyes had widened.

"Tye Lee," she sighed. "She doesn't look dangerous, but she knows the human body, and it's weak points," she continued. "It's like she takes you down from the inside."

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!" Sokka shouted, jumping around, and waving his arms.

"Yes?" Katara asked, standing up.

"What you just said!" he exclaimed. "That's how we're going to take down the drill. The same way Tye Lee took down these big earth benders!"

"By hitting it's pressure points!" Toph summed, grinning.

"Sokka, you're just getting major brownie points today," I told him, and rose to my feet, walking towards the window. Everyone followed, and Sokka - ahem - tried to flex his muscles.

"I know," he said, then stoppd. "What are brownie points?"

I just rolled my eyes, and faced the drill that threatened the city.

"We'll take it down from the inside," Aang declared.

/////\\\\\

"Once I whip up some cover, you're not going to be able to see," Toph told us. "So stay close to me."She leapt up out of our hiding place, which was a ditch in between the wall and the massive drill.

We watched her create a rock and dust cloud, then jumped up next to her. "Run!" she shouted, and we followed her to where I assumed the drill was. Toph didn't lie - I really couldn't see a thing. When the cloud started to disappear, Toph stomped her foot, and a giant hole appeared at our feet. "Everyone in the hole," she demanded, and without hesitation, we jumped in, and was instantly surrounded by darkness.

"It's so dark down here," Sokka complained. "I can't see a thing."

"Oh no, what a nightmare!" Toph mocked.

"Sorry," Sokka said sheepishly, and I chuckled.

In a second, we reamerged, somewhere under the drill. There was a hole that lead into the metal beast, and Aang ran and jumped, hanging upside down from a pipe, with Momo following him. Katara ran and jumped to greet him, raising her arms, and he pulled her up into the drill with him. Sokka did the same, but I hesitated before following. I glanced at Toph, who had her arms crossed.

"Toph, Sam, come on," Sokka called, his head poking out of the hole next to Aangs.

"No way am I going in that metal monster," she told them. "I can't bend in there. I'l try to slow it down out here."

"Sam?" Aang asked.

"Will you be okay?" I asked Toph, ignoring the two boys.

"I got this," she said, smiling, before running out.

"Be careful!" Aang called after her.

I watched her go, then turn, and ran towards Aang. I jumped, grabbing his outstretched hands, and was flying up into the metal shaft. I landed next to Katara, and smiled at me. "Aang, you are one strong kid," I told him.

He rolled his eyes, and Sokka took the lead, taking us who knows where. We soon entered what looked like a boiler room. "I need a plan of this machine," Sokka said. "Some scamatics of what the inside looks like. Then find it's weaks points."

"Where do you suppose we get the blueprints from, wise guy?" I asked, crossing my arms, and tapping my foot.

He smirked at me, before taking his sword-like weapon, and hacking off a piece of a pipe.

"What are you doing?" Aang asked, all of our eyes widening. "Someones gonna hear us!"

"That's the point," Sokka said. "I figure a machine this big, needs engineers to run it. And when something breaks..."

"They come to fix it!" Katara finished, grinning.

"Brownie points?" Sokka asked, looking at me expectantly.

"You don't even know what they are, remember?" I remined him, but sighed. "But yes, more brownie points."

Before we knew it, we heard someone walking down the hall. By now, the steam was so thick, we couldn't see our hands two feet in front of our faces, so the only thing we had to worry about was being quiet.

When Katara had sensed the guy pass her, she stepped out of the fog, and focused it all to freeze on the poor, unsuspecting guy. "Hi," she said smugly, and I smirked.

In the dudes hands, was a wrench, and a piece of parchment. "This'll work, thanks!" Sokka ran up to him, stole the paper and was gone before I could blink. We all followed the Water Tribe boy up the stairs, leaving the engineer frozen.

He'd defrost. Sooner or later.

Once up the stairs, Sokka laid out the blueprints, and studied it. To me, it looked like a bunch of squares, but Sokka seemed to read it like a book. "It looks like it's made up of two main stuctures," he decided, and pointed a square. "There's the inner meconism, where we are now, and there's the outer shell. The inner part and the outer part are connected by these braces." He ran his fingers over more squares and circles that I didn't understand. "If we cut through them, the entire thing will collapse."

We nodded, understanding the plan. "Lead the way, brownie point guy," I smirked.

He stuck out his tongue, and we all ran out of the room. It took a while, but we soon made it to our destination. We had to walk on giant beams, following Sokka, who had his nose stuck in the parchment.

"Wow," he gasped. "They're a lot thicker than they look in the plans. We're gonna have to work pretty hard to cut through that."

"What's this 'we' stuff?" Katara asked, crossing her arms. "Aang, Sam and I are gonna have to do all the work."

"Look, I'm that plan guy," Sokka defended, putting the plans away. "You guys are the cut stuff up with water bending guys." He karate chopped the air, trying to prove his point. "Together, we're Team Avatar!"

Aang and Katara gave each other odd looks, but I just laughed. "I've been saying that since I've got here," I pointed out. "Get your own." Even though, techniquelly, it wasn't my idea either.

"C'mon, I don't know how long this'll take," Katara sighed, and dragged Aang and me to the nearest support beam. We tossed water back and forth, slicing through the hard metal. It took a while, but we finally made it halfway. We were exhausted, and stopped to take a breather.

"Come on Team!" Sokka encouraged. "Don't stop now!"

Katara growled, and pulled out water, threatening Sokka with a glare.

"I mean... you're almost there!" he corrected, and we got back to work.

Finally, we sliced all the way through, and it started to slide. We watched in disappointment when the movement suddenly stopped, and Aang collapsed on the ground.

"At this point, we won't be able to do enough damage before the drill reaches the wall," Katara sighed, sweat beading her brow.

"I dont' know how many more of those I have in me," Aang huffed.

"Wait!" Sokka shouted, staring at me. "Use fire bending, and melt it!"

"You loose major brownie points for that, dude," I panted. "If I use fire bending, it'll weild the thing back together, and we'd have to start all over again."

He frowned, realizing his mistake. He started to say something else, but the metal around us began to shake. "Do you hear that?" he asked. "We took it down. We better get out of here - fast."

He began to run, and despite our aching arms, we followed.

"Congratulations, crew," we heard over the intercom. "We have made contact with the wall of Be Sing Se. The countdown to victory!"

Cheers were heard throughout the ship, and we groaned. "This is bad," Katara cried, while Sokka tried to push the brace. "This is really bad."

"We're using everything we've got to bust these braced, but it's taking too long!" Sokka complained, and I lay face down on the ground.

"Maybe we don't have to cut all the way through," Aang said, standing up. "Toph has been teaching me that you shouldn't put in one hundred percent of your energy into any one strike."

"This sounds like me doing my math homework," I muttered into the cold floor. Katara dragged me up, and I grumpily complied.

Aang chuckled at me, and turned to Sokka. "Sokka, take a fighting stance," he said, and Sokka immeidatly did so. "You've got to be quick, and accurate." The young monk swiped his foot under Sokka's leg, almost making him fall. "Hit a series of points, and break your opponets stance." He poked Sokka in several placed, and the teen started to loose balance. "And when he's reeling back, make the final blow, and his own weight becomes his downfall." He hit Sokka on the head, and the poor guy collapsed. "Literally."

"So, we just need to weaken the braces, instead of cutting all the way through," Katara summarized.

"Then I'll go to the top of this thing, and deliver the final blow!" Aang said,pointing to the roof.

"And boom!" Sokka said, jumping up. "It all comes crashing down!"

"Everyone inside that wall," Aang started. "The whole world, is counting on us."

"The whole world, minus the Fire Nation, that is," Sokka said, and Katara glared.

"I just have one question," I stated, looking at Aang. "Can you do that thing to Sokka again? Preferably on video?"

Kataras disaproving look landed on me, and I raised my hands in defense.

"I meant later, okay? Aang, Katara and I can handle this stuff down here. You go up top, and do whatever you can in the mean time." I looked around at all the support beams. "Give us ten to fifteen minutes down here, then finish it off."

"Here," Katara stopped him, handing him her water pouch, with a small blob of water in her other hand. "This is all the water we'll need, and you'll need it more than we will."

He nodded, took the pouch, and ran out, followed by Momo.

"Let's do this," Sokka decided, and Katara and I got to work, with new found motivation.

/////\\\\\

My estimated time couldn't have been better, and I hoped Aang was doing okay where he was.

"Good job, Team Avatar," Sokka said, grinning. "Now, Aang just needs to-"

Suddenly, blue fire was shot right above my head, and I ducked, covering my face. I looked up to see the Terrible Trio - Mai, Tyle Lee, and Azula. "Someone needs to go to the shooting range for some practice," I tuanted.

"Wow, Azula, you were right! It is the Avatar!" Tyle Lee exclaimed. "And friends."

I followed her eyes to see Sokka, who awkwardly waved. "Hey," he muttered, and Katara and I started to drag him away. "C'mon Lover Boy," I scolded. I looked up to see Tye Lee flying towards us, and I let go of Sokka's arm to send a blast of fire her way. I didn't have time to watch her - hopefully - fall, as the three of us ran out of the room.

We ran down a random hallway, but came to a dead end. "Great," I muttered. "We're dead. The Big Apple, New York? No problem. Fictional Avatar world? My demise."

Katara ignored me, and a read a sign that looked like scribbles. "Slurry water pipe?" she asked. "What does that mean?"

Sokka started turning a little wheel thing, until it finally popped open. "It's rock and water mixed together," he explained. "It means our way out."

"You guys go first," I demanded, hearing footstep running towards us.

As Katara swung her legs in, Mai and Tye Lee turned the corner, coming into view. Azula probably went to find Aang. I heard the Water Tribe siblings jump into the sludge behind me, and then I let a giant fire ball go flying down the hallway, right at the two dark headed girls.

"You're so lucky we can't kill you!" I heard, before jumping into the sludge myself. I heard the sounds of my friends screaming ahead of me, as I tried to not panick.

It's like a water slide, I thought to myself. Except I hate water slides. And water.

It took only seconds, but it was seconds too long, when I finally saw light at the end of the tunnel. I landed on top of Sokka, and groaned beneath me.

"Why do you always do that?" he asked, and I laughed, standing up. I looked up at the rushing of sludge, and gasped when I saw Tye Lee. "Katara!" I shouted, and she turned.

In unison, we took stanced, and pushed the watery substance into the drill, trapping Tye Lee in it.

"Why don't you try chi blocking me now, circus freak?" Katara growled, and I smirked.

"This is for knocking me out the first time we met," I told her, and we both pushed the water harder.

"Katara, Sam, keep that up!" Sokka urged. "The pressure will built up into the drill, and when Aang delivers the final blow, it'll be ready to pop!"

"No problem," I smirked.

"Good technique, Little Sister!" Sokka egged, trying to motivate Katara. "Keep it up! Don't forget to breathe!"

"You know, I am just about sick and tire of you telling me what to do all day!" Katara yelled, and I laughed, amused. "You're just like a chattering hog monkey."

"Just bend the slurry, woman!" Sokka screamed, and I had to concentrate on the task at hand, so I didn't fall to the ground laughing.

Katara looked at me, and I nodded, grinning. Without a word, Katara spun on her heel, leaving the sludge to me for a few seconds while she sent Sokka flying back several feet. When she was done, she turned her attention back to Tye Lee.

"You guys need a hand?" Toph asked, walking towards us calmly.

"Toph!" I exclaimed, glad to see her okay. "Can you help us plug up this drain so I can hug you?"

She slammed her foot to the ground, and in one swift movement, raised her hands, so that the sludge was thrown back into the drill. Out of sight, out of mind right?

I ran to Toph, and gripped her in a hug. Instead of reacting, she stood motionless. "Are you done now?" she asked, and I ruffled her hair. Suddenly, sludge and slime burst from all over the drill, and I saw a giant wave of it heading out the back - where we were standing.

"Here it comes!" Toph shouted, and the ground we were standing on rose into the air. Sokka and Katara clung to each other as the sludge quickly rose up around us, and I watched as Tyle Lee slammed into the rock we were standing on.

The drill collapsed, and looking around, we realized that we won.

Be Sing Se was safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kinda like this chapter, and I hope you do to... Sorry for the mistakes, 'cause I bet there are a lot!

I might update again tomorrow or Sunday, it depends on my mood and energy level. Right now, I'm super excited, because guess who has two thumbs, and can drive when there's a liscensed parent/guardian/grandparent in the passenger seat and no one else in the car?

THIS GIRL.

I got my permit today - BOOM. Passed it on the first try because I crammed the night before, ahahaahahhahahahaha.

And my teachers said that didn't work.

The gif on the side is the funniest moment of the entire episode, so yeah...

Comment? Recommend? Subscribe?

Also, I have a Tumblr were I post a lot of stuff for my stories, and a Twitter.

My Twitter is @CreativityFlow, and my Tumblr is CreativityFlowViaWattpad, because someone already took CreativityFlow...

So yeah. LOVE YOU.