Status: Complete

When Worlds Collide: Book Two, Earth

21

/////Sam's POV\\\\\

We were on a small island in the middle of Lake Laogai, and I was sitting on a rock next to Sokka, smiling at Aang. He hadn't let Appa out of his sight since the bison had come to our rescue, and no one could really blame him. We hadn't seen the kid this happy in ages, and didn't want to ruin the moment.

This is why I was confused when Sokka stood up, and pulled me over to the other girls.

"Look, we escaped from the Dai Lee, got Appa back... I'm telling you, we should go to the Earth King now, and tell him our plan," Sokka proposed. "We're on a roll."

"One good hour, after weeks of trouble isn't much of a roll," Katara told him, putting a hand on her hip.

"We can build on it," Sokka insisted. "If we wanna invade the Fire Nation when the eclipse happens, we need the Earth King's support."

"What makes you think we'll get it?" Toph asked. "I don't know if you've noticed, but things don't usually go that smoothly for our little gang."

"I know, but I've got a good feeling about this," Sokka said, shrugging. "This time it'll be different."

"Sokka," I sighed, rubbing my eyes. "Long Feng is still in control of the city. His little Dai Lee conspiracy thing is too powerful."

"I think we need to keep flying, and leave this terrible place behind us," Katara said firmly.

"I'm with Sweetness," Toph grumbled, digging her fingers into the dirt. "I've seen enough of Be Sing Se. And I can't even see!"

"And I've missed riding on Appa, so let's go," I agreed, stepping towards the girls. "Three against one, we win." I stuck my tongue out to prove my point, and Sokka stuck his out at me also.

"But now that we have Appa back," Aang started, gliding over to us, "there's nothing stopping us from telling the Earth King the truth. About the conspiracy and the war."

"See?" Sokka grinned, slinging his arm over the monk. "Aang's with me." Upon seeing Katara's torn face, he put his hand on her shoulder. "It's the whole reason we came here in the first place, we have to try."

Katara got a thoughtful look on her face, and I groaned.

"Well, I guess if the Earth King knew the truth, things could change," she decided.

"I don't trust the new Positive Sokka," Toph stated, standing up, and pointing a finger at him. "Long Feng brainwashed you, didn't he?"

"It's three against two," Sokka mocked me, sticking his tongue out, and ignoring Toph.

"You know what, Sokka?" I asked, stepping forward. "Fine. I'll vote to go the Earth King, but when things go wrong - because they always do - don't come crying to me."

Aang suddenly ran over to the water's edge, upon seeing three small sailboats.

"That's probably the Dai Lee searching for us," Sokka said, now standing next to Aang. "So?" He turned to his sister, with a determined look.

"Let's fly," Katara stated, and I pulled Toph over to Appa, helping her on.

We took off, clutching onto Appa's fur, as we no longer had a saddle. "This is not a good idea," I kept muttering, glaring at the city ahead of us.

"Can we please get a new saddle?" Toph begged. "Riding bareback is terrifying!" She buried her face into Appa's fur. I just chuckled, and put a hand on her shoulder.

"There it is," Sokka told us, pointing to a huge building. "That whole thing is the palace. The Earth King's chambers should be right in the middle."

"We have to be careful," Katara warned. "Long Feng's probably warned the king that we're coming."

"Why would you say that?" Sokka asked. "If you ask me, we're gonna just fly right in, and-"

I punched his arm, and he yelped as Appa suddenly swerved, trying to avoid a flying rock. "Never say stuff like that," I growled. "You've jinxed us."

"What was that?" Toph shouted.

"Surface-to-air rocks," Sokka yelled back, staring at the ground. "More coming!"

Appa was dodging like crazy, and I buried my face into Appa, trying to keep the dust and debris out of my eyes. Everytime a rock came straight towards us that Appa couldn't avoid, Aang easily sliced them, or made them burst into rubble. He suddenly jumped off Appa, and landed with a bang, sending the soldiers around him to fly into the air.

When Appa landed, we jumped off, and took off running towards the palace doors. Soldiers suddenly came in from the sides, throwing boulders at us, but Aang and Toph used earth and airbending to get rid of them. Katara used her water in a pouch to make a whip, and flung many of the men into the air. Sokka was using his boomerang, taking out two or three guys at a time, and I started to copy some of Katara's moves. Using a firebending stance, I was able to make a whip simular to Katara's and slapped it at the mens feet, keeping them at bay. Every once in a while, a guy would get too close for comfort, and I would take out my fans at lightning speed and whack him a couple of times until he looked ready to pass out.

"Sorry!" I heard Katara apologize, and I grinned.

Several men were running towards us, and Toph rose the ground up like dominoes, even making them fall on top of each other.

"Sorry," Katara said again as we ran by. "We just need to see the Earth King!"

"Really," I added, grinning, "we didn't mean to hurt you guys."

As we neared the stairs, more earhbenders joined together, sending two, massive statues our way.

I shrieked as they started to land on us, but Aang and Toph created a rock shield around us, and we were surrounded in darkness for a while, hearing the sound of stone thumping down on top of us. As soon as the pounding stopped, Katara and I nodded at each other, before running out on either side of the protective dome. I focused on my feet, and leapt over the moat, feeling flames propel me forward. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Katara almost skate over the water, and use her water whip to wipe out the guys in front of her. Using moves that the Kyoshi warriors taught me, I kicked a man away from me, and made a wall of fire surround the guys in front of me. I joined Katara, and together, we rose the water out of the moat, picking up the soldiers, and swiftly pulling them back into the ditch, freezing them in their place.

Once our friends crossed the bridge, we stood at the foot of the stairs, and watched as a hundred more guys rushed out the doors and ran down to greet us. "A welcoming committee?" I asked, grinning.

"You really shouldn't have," Sokka finished, and we grinned as Toph raised her arms, and the steps turned into a giant slide.

The men fell down, screaming as they went, and Aang and Toph lifted the ground we were standing on, and pushed us up.

"Seiously, we're on your side," Sokka urged, watching the bodies fly past us. "Sorry."

Once we finally made it to the palace doors, men came running at us on either side, and Aang and Toph both created a rocky slate, pushing them back.

"You know, I always wanted men to chase me," I panted as we ran. "But this is not what I meant!"

We entered the palace, and there were four passage ways. More soldiers came from each way, and with a stomp, Toph pinned them to the ceiling.

"Toph, which way to the Earth King?" Sokka asked, spinning around wildly.

"How should I know?" the blind girl asked. "I'm still voting we leave Ba Sing Se."

I sent a fire ball at a new wave of soldiers, and they scattered. "I say we just run!" I shouted, and pulled Sokka down a random hallway. While he checked every door, we continued to smash through the place.

After Katara wiped out another line of men, I shook my head. "I have got to get me a canteen," I muttered, and she looked at me confused. "Pouch," I then clarified, and pulled out my fans to knock out a guy.

"Maybe for your birthday," Aang grinned, running between us, and sending about twenty men flying back the way they came.

"But Christmas is closer!" I laughed.

"Didn't you say that was the holiday when some bunny broke into the house?" Katara asked, raising an eyebrow.

"That's Easter," I corrected, throwing more fire. "Christmas is the fat man who eats cookies."

The hall was finally clear, and we grinned proudly.

"Now that's an impressive door," Sokka marveled, standing ontop of a pile that was once the ceiling. "It's gotta lead somewhere." We saw him run off, and with a shrug, Aang took off after him.

We watched as he threw the doors to the ground, sending Sokka, who was pushing against them, flying with them.

"A little warning next time?" he shouted, and we all ran forward, stopping a few yards away, with weapons drawn. I stood inbetween Sokka and Toph, and I couldn't see the others, but I had my fans held out for defense, and I was prepared to draw fire at a moments notice.

"We need to talk to you," Aang called, when some Dai Lee ran in front of the king, who was draped in green and had small, round glasses.

"They're here to overthrow you," I heard Long Feng say, turning to the king.

"No, we're on your side," Sokka insisted. "We're here to help."

"You have to trust us," Katara added.

"You invade my palace," the Earth King said, rising, "lay waste to all my guards, and break down my fancy door, and you expect me to trust you?"

"Well, when you put it that way..." I trailed, shifting my eyes.

"If you are on my side, then drop your weapons, and stand down," the king ordered.

We all shared looks, in going down the line, we dropped our weapons. Aang threw his staff to the ground, Katara coaxed her water back in it's pouch, Sokka dropped his sword like thing, I dropped my fans and Toph slammed her rock to the ground.

"See?" Aang asked, smiling. "We're friends, your Earthiness."

Glaring, the Earth King raised his hand, and rock handcuffs locked our arms behind us.

"Detain the assailants," Long Feng ordered, and the Dai Lee soldiers slid over and behind us.

"But we dropped our weapons," Sokka said meekly. "We're your allies!"

"Make sure the Avatar and his friends never see daylight again," Long Feng continued, ignoring Sokka.

"The Avatar?" the Earth King suddenly spoke up, looking surprised. "You're the Avatar?" He pointed at Sokka, and Toph's jaw dropped, as well as mine.

"Uh, no," Sokka said, and nodded towards Aang. "Him."

"Over here!" Aang spoke up, releasing himself from his binds to wave his arms, but quickly cuffed himself back up.

"What does it matter, your Highness?" Long Feng asked. "They're enemies of the state."

"Perhaps you're right," the king sighed, looking away.

A giant bear walked up to Aang, and licked the Avatar, who laughed.

"Though, Bosco seems to like him," the king said, smiling. "I'll hear what he has to say."

Long Feng glared as Aang stepped forward. "Well sir," he started, "there's a war going on right now. For the past one hundred years, in fact. The Dai Lee have kept it secret from you. It's a conspiracy to control the city and to control you."

"A secret war?" the king scoffed. "That's crazy."

"Completely," Long Feng agreed.

"Long Feng didn't want us to tell you, so he stole our sky bison to blackmail us," Aang said firmly. "Blackmail is the least of his crimes. He brainwashed our friend!"

"All lies," Long Feng promised. "I've never even seen a sky bison, your majesty. Frankly, I thought they were extinct."

"Your claim is difficult to believe," the king sighed, sitting down on his throne. "Even for an Avatar."

Long Feng leaned down, and whispered something into the king's ear that I couldn't hear. I made out the word 'hooligans', and glared.

"I have to trust my advisor," the king finally decided, and my eyes widened as I felt hands on my wrists, and the Dai Lee started to lead us away.

"Do something," I hissed to Sokka, who looked at me, bewildered.

"Like what?" he hissed back, and I shrugged.

"You're smart, think of-"

Sokka suddenly spun on the spot, forcing the Dai Lee holding him to spin too. "Wait!" he shouted, with a mad look in his eye. "I can prove he's lying! Long Feng said he's never seen a sky bison. Ask him to lift his robe."

"What?" Long Feng asked, shocked. "I am not disrobing."

I bit my lip as Aang blew a large gust of air, sending Long Fengs robe to fly up, over his head. "Right there!" he shouted. "Appa bit him!"

"Never seen a sky bison before, huh?" Sokka asked, smiling.

"That happens to be a large birthmark," Long Feng griped, pulling his robe back down. "Thanks for showing everyone."

"Well, I suppose if there's no way to prove where those marks came from-"

"Of course there is!" Sokka interrupted, and after much convincing, we finally got the Earth King to let us bring Appa into the throne room, where we got him to open his mouth.

Aang pointed to Appa's teeth, then slid over to point at the marks on Long Feng's leg, grinning.

"Yep, that pretty much proves it," the king decided, and we cheered. "But it doesn't prove this crazy conspiracy theory." We groaned. "Though, I suppose this matter's worth looking into."

We all murmured our responses, shrugging. I couldn't help but notice the evil look in Long Feng's eyes though, before walking off, flanked by the Dai Lee.

We soon followed, taking the train while Aang rode on Appa, again, refusing to leave him. We got several strange looks, since the king was with us, but I tried to ignore them.

"So this is what a train is like?" the king asked. "I didn't realize that it would be this... public."

"So, you've never been outside the upper ring before?" Katara asked.

"I've never been outside the palace," he confessed, then looked to towards Aang. "Now, that's the way to travel! So, may I ask where we're going?"

"Underneath Lake Laogai, your Kingliness," Sokka answered, propping his arm up on the back of the seat. "To the Dai Lee's secret headquarters. You're about to see where all the brainwashing and conspiring took place."

About a half hour later, we stood on the shore of the lake, and Toph rose the land up like before. "It's gone!" she exclaimed.

"Oh, don't tell me-" Sokka cut himself off, forcing a smile on his face. "It's okay, I still got my positive attitude!"

"The Dai Lee must've known we were coming," I said, remembering Long Feng from earlier. "They must've destroyed their HQ."

"Hm," the king huffed. "That seems awfully convenient."

"Hey, if anything, this proves the conspiracy exists even more," Sokka tried.

"Long Feng was right," the king said. "This was a waste of time. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to the palace." He turned to leave, and I wracked my brain for something else we could use.

"The wall!" Katara suddenly piped up. "They'll never be able to cover that up in time."

"Oh, yeah!" Aang agreed, and flew over in front of the Earth King.

Katara, Toph and I stayed on the beach while Sokka ran up to meet them, and waited until Sokka turned around with a triumphant grin, and lead the King and his men back down the hill, followed by Aang, who was sitting on his little air ball.

We all climbed aboard Appa, and set our course for the outer wall.

"It's still there!" Aang shouted, and pointed, once we finally reached our destination.

"What is that?" the king asked, and I scooched over to Sokka, staring at the drill with distaste.

"It's a drill," I answered coldly.

"A giant drill, made by the Fire Nation to break through your walls," Sokka clarified.

The king was silent until we landed, and he peered over the edge in shock. "I can't believe I never knew."

"I can explain this, your majesty," Long Feng said, rising out of the ground. "This is nothing more than... a construction project."

"Really?" Katara spat. "Then, maybe you can explain why there's a Fire Nation insignia on your 'construction project.'"

"Well, it's imported, of course," Long Feng assured, looking away. "You know you can't trust domestic machinery." When he saw the look on the king's face, his face fell. "Surely you don't believe these children, instead of your most loyal attendant?"

The king's eyes went back and forth between us, and Long Feng, and I started to chew on my thumbnail.

"Dai Lee," the king started, "arrest Long Feng. I want him to stand trial for crimes against the Earth Kingdom."

I smirked at Long Feng as his own men cuffed him, and pulled him out of sight, all the while shouting at us.

"Looks like Long Feng is long gone!" Sokka shouted after him, laughing at himself, and wiping an imaginary tear. "Yeah, I've been waiting to use that one."

I chuckled at him, and we all headed back to the palace.

/////\\\\\

Night had fallen by the time we stood in the throne room again, facing the king. "I want to thank you, young heroes," he said, "for opening my eyes. All this time, what I thought was a great metropolis, was only a city of fools. And that makes me... the King Fool." Bosco roared, in what almost seemed like agreement. "We're at war... with the Fire Nation."

"That's why we came to Ba Sing Se, your Highness," Sokka spoke up, stepping forward, "because we think you can help end the war."

"We don't have much time," Aang added. "There's a comet coming this summer, and it's energy will give the firebenders unbelievable strength. They'll be unstoppable."

"But there is hope," Sokka promised. "Before the comet comes, we have a window of opportunity. A solar eclipse is coming. The sun will be entirely blocked out by the moon, and the firebenders will be helpless."

"What are you saying, Sokka?" the king asked.

"That's the day we need to invade the Fire Nation," Sokka declared. "The day of Black Sun."

"I don't know," the king sighed. "That would require moving troops out of Ba Sing Se. We'd be completely vulnerable."

"You're already vulnerable," Sokka told him. "The Fire Nation won't stop until Ba Sing Se falls. You can either sit back, and wait for that to happen... or take the offensive, and give yourself a fighting chance."

We all looked at him hopefully, and I could see a million things going through his head.

"Very well," he decided. "You have my support."

We all smiled and hugged each other. I even picked up Toph and spun her around, and we all highfived.

"Your majesty," a man said, walking into the room. He had a cape, and was dressed like he had authority. "I apologize for the interruption."

"This is General How," the king told us. "He's the leader of the Council of Five - my highest ranking generals."

"We searched Long Feng's office," the general announced. "I think we found something that will interest everybody."

We all followed him into the library, where Long Feng had once locked me up. We stood at the desk, and another man placed a treasure chest-looking box in front of us.

"There are secret files on everyone in Ba Sing Se," General How informed us. "Including you kids."

I furrowed my brow at his statement, and took a new interest in the box.

"Secret files?" Aang asked, looking just as shocked as I felt.

"Toph Bei Fong," the king said, pulling out a rolled up scroll, and handing it to the general, who handed it to Toph, who handed it to Katara.

"It's a letter from your mom," the waterbender told her, smiling slightly. "Your mom's here in the city. And she wants to see you!"

"Long Feng intercepted our letters from home?" Toph asked. "That's just sad."

"Aang," the king then said, handing the scroll to the monk.

"This scroll was attached to the horn of your bison when the Dai Lee captured it," General How told him.

"It's from the Eastern Air Temple," Aang said softly, smiling.

"Sam," the king said next, pulling out a scroll, and handed it to me.

I looked at it in confusion, and cautiously reached my hand out to take it. I stared at it for a few seconds, before handing it to Katara. "Who would send me mail?" I asked, staring at the scroll like it was a bomb.

"It says... It says that they know of your predicament," Katara read, glancing at me. "It doesn't give a name, only an address. But they say that they can give you a temporary fix. Like a one-way mirror. At the bottom, there's even a short bit of English."

"What?" I gasped, taking the scroll with more force than necessary, but Katara didn't say anything. Sure enough, at the bottom of the letter, the words 'Trust Me' were scrawled in fancy print. I flipped the paper over and over, blocking out the sounds around me. Only when Katara and Sokka started jumping up and down, and saying that they were going to see their dad again, did I come back to reality.

The king and his general left us alone, and we sat on the library floor, talking.

"I can't believe it," Aang said, reading the letter once more. "There's a man, living at the Easten Air Temple. He says he's a Guru."

"What's a Guru?" Sokka asked, before deciding to take a guess. "Some kind of poisonous blowfish?"

"No, a spiritual expert," Aang corrected. "He wants to help me take the next step in my Avatar journey. He says he can teach me to control the Avatar State."

"And I can't believe we know where our dad is now," Katara piped up.

"I know what you mean," Toph smiled. "My mom's here in the city. And from her letter, it sounds like she finally understands me."

"Sam?" Katara asked, putting her hand on my arm. "Are you alright?"

I opened my mouth to respond, but no words came out. I looked down at the letter in my hands, and smiled. "I... I don't know," I finally responded. "I don't know what to make of this letter."

"Are you going to go see this person?" Aang asked, tilting his head.

I nodded. "Even if they can't show me this one-way mirror thing, I have to know how they can write in English, and where I came from."

"This is all such big news," Sokka grinned. "Where do we even start?"

"I hate to say it, but... we have to split up," Katara decided, and I nodded.

"Split up?" Aang asked. "We just found Appa, and got the family back together! Now, you want us to seperate?"

"You have to meet the Guru, Aang," I told him. "If we're going to follow through with this invasion plan, you need to be ready."

"Well, if I'm going to the Eastern Air Temple, Appa and I can drop you off at Chameleon Bay to see your dad," he decided, turning to the Water Tribe siblings.

"Someone has to stay here with the Earth King, and help him plan the invasion," Sokka said. "I guess that's me."

"No, Sokka," Katara told him, standing up. "I know how badly you wanna see dad. You go to Chameleon Bay. I'll stay here with the king."

"You," Sokka started, dancing on his toes, "are the nicest - sister - ever!" He kissed Katara on the cheek, and I giggled.

"Easy, there big brother," Katara told him, pushing him away gently. "Though, you're right. I am."

/////\\\\\

Toph and I were saying our goodbyes to Sokka, Aang and Appa. We decided that we would walk together to our destinations - at least, until our paths seperated.

"Try not to hurt yourself while you're by yourself, alright?" I teased Sokka, who rolled his eyes.

"You be careful too," he told me, and pulled me into a quick, brotherly hug.

"I'm always careful," I chuckled, and pulled away. I walked over to Appa, and pet him while Sokka went to say goodbye to Katara.

The king started to talk to Aang and Sokka, and only when Sokka fell from Appa, did I realize what was said. "That's Suki!" Sokka yelped.

"You know these warriors?" the king asked.

"Oh yeah," Sokka assured. "The Kyoshi Warriors are a skilled group of fighters. Trustworthy, too. Good friends of ours."

"Then we shall welcome them as honored guests," the king declared, and walked back to the palace.

Aang started to walk away, but Katara chased after him. I let them have their moment, before hugging Aang.

"I'm really gonna miss you guys," Toph sighed, and Katara, Aang and I pulled her into a hug. When Sokka didn't join, we all smirked at each other, before pulling him into a hug.

When we finally let the boys go, they climbed on Appa, and set off into the skies.

Toph and I started to make our way back into the city, but Katara stopped me. "Sam?" she called, and I turned, smiling.

"Yes?" I asked.

"If you do have the chance to go back..." She trailed off, looking away. Toph had walked up next to me, and I saw the sad look on her face.

I frowned, and pulled them both into a big hug. "They said it was only a temporary thing," I reminded them. "But, if I did have the chance... I think, right now... I'd probably stay. I've come too far to just walk away now."

They both grinned, and we hugged tighter. When we finally let go, we said our final goodbyes, and Toph and I walked away.

It was a long walk, and after getting directions, we came to a fork in our paths.

"Do you really mean it?" Toph asked. "You'll really stay?"

I looked at her for a while. Toph was the little sister I never had, and I felt protective over her. "Of course I do," I promised, hugging her once more. "All I really want to do is see my family again, maybe say a few words. But I couldn't imagine living without you guys."

And I meant it. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how much I really did love it here. I wouldn't last long in my world, knowing that my friends were fighting a war in this one. Plus... Zuko. I hadn't seen him in days, since I had gone to the coffee shop. I couldn't leave without at least seeing him again.

"I'm holding you to that," Toph threatened, pulling away.

I chuckled, and watched her walk away, before turning left, and heading towards the address that I was given.

/////\\\\\

I hesitantly knocked on the door, partially fearing what was on the other side. It opened widely, and I stepped in, looking around. It looked a lot like the house we had been staying in, except... colder. And more empty looking.

"Hello?" I called. "I-I'm Sam. I got your letter.." No one answered, and I squinted, walking around. "Is anyone here?"

"I was wondering if you would ever come," a voice said behind me, and I turned wildly, coming face to face with none other than Azula, dressed as a Kyoshi Warrior.

Shrieking, I jumped back, drawing out my fans. "Stay back," I warned, glaring. "I'm not afraid to hurt you."

"You may not be afraid," Azula amended, shrugging. "But you're not strong enough."

Narrowing my eyes, I got into a defensive position. "When I'm through with you, I'm going straight to the king," I warned. "You'll be arrested, and locked up."

She laughed evilly, and sent blue fire my way. My eyes widened at the sudden attack, and I ducked to the ground. Something poked my sides and neck, and I went limp. I weakly looked up to see Ty Lee smiling down at me.

"Hi," she greeted.

I groaned, and felt her and Mai, who suddenly appeared, lift me up, and drag me out a back door.

"She won't be leaving our sight," Azula stated. "She's to have one of us with her at all times."

"Aang will find you," I spat. "And Katara - when she finds out about this, oh man, will you be in trouble. She'll have your heads before you can say her name."

"We'll just see about that," Azula retorted, and we travelled down back alleys until we made it to the palace, where they were staying, pretending to be Kyoshi Warriors. I was still limp, so they just tied my wrists up to the bed post, while they wiped off their make up.

"We have been presented with an extraordinary opportunity, girls," Azula told them, pacing.

"Mai finally gets to wear make up that's not totally depressing?" Ty Lee asked, and I snorted.

"Ha ha," Mai said dryly, with make up stains running down her face.

"I'm talking about conquering the whole Earth Kingdom," Azula snapped, walking past me, and to the window.

My eyes widened, and I stared at her in shock.

"For a hundred years, the Fire Nation has hammered away at the walls of Ba Sing Se from the outside," Azula explained. "But now, we're on the inside. And we can take it by ourselves."

"Gosh," Ty Lee sighed. "You're so confident. I really admire that about you."

Azula ignored her. "From the inside, we're in perfect position to organize a coup, and overthrow the Earth King," she said. "The key, is the Dai Lee. Whoever controls the Dai Lee, controls Ba Sing Se."

"It won't work," I growled, the feeling in my limbs coming back to me, and I started to struggle. "You're insane if you think it will."

"Then call me crazy," she smirked.

/////\\\\\

Azula had tricked the Dai Lee. I don't know how, but she did, and now, she was in charge of them.

How?

Smart and evil. Never a good mix. And, now that she had earthbenders on her side, I was thrown down in some underground city that had crystals growing everywhere. It would be beautiful if it weren't for the fact that I was being forced to stay down here.

I could only hope that the others would find me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I lied. One chapter left! And I already sent it to my editor, so as soon as I get it, I'll post it! And you might need tissues. Or pitchforks. My editor already is about to kill me. Apparently, I'm evil...?