Status: Complete

When Worlds Collide: Book Two, Earth

9

By the time Aang's class was finally over, I had managed to teach Katara and Sokka all the letters leading up to C.
Yup. Three letters. I even tried singing the alphabet, but since I can't sing a note to save human kind, it didn't exactly work out too well...
"No, Sokka," I said for the fifth time. "B comes after A. And Katara! C comes after B."
Sokka furrowed his brow, and stuck his tongue out, concentrating. "Okay. Make a triangle without the bottom line... And then... um..." he trailed off, staring at the unfinished letter.
Okay, maybe we haven't really made it to C yet...
"No, Sokka, you make a triangle with a line going through the middle," Katara scolded.
I sighed, and face-palmed. "You know, it would be so much easier if I was a teacher," I muttered to myself.
"Sam, how do you finish the A?" Sokka asked.
"You're close. Just add the line through the middle," I told him. I groaned when he drew the line going straight down. "Okay, new plan. Give me the paper and pencil things," I said, taking all writing utensils away from them. I then wrote down the letter A, and drew the little dotted thing all along the top of the paper. "Now trace it," I demanded. They began to trace the letter, and I just sat down on the ground, holding my head.
My poor teachers. My poor, poor teachers. How do they deal with this all day, every day?
"Hey guys," Aang said, exiting the dojo. "I don't think Master Ue is the Earth Bending master I'm looking for."
"Shh!" Sokka hissed, concentrating on tracing the letters. Aang looked at the paper, and scrunched his nose in confusion. "What are you-?"
"Shh!" Sokka and Katara both shushed. I chuckled and Aang looked at me.
"I'm teaching them how to write my language," I explained. "Apparently it's harder than I thought."
"Cool!" The monk proclaimed. "Can I learn too?"
I grinned. "When my headache goes away, I'll teach you the first letter, and make sure these guys aren't failing too bad," I told him.
“The Boulder is totally taking back the belt at Earth Rumble Six, tonight,” a guy said, walking by.
“He’s gonna have to fight his way through the best earth benders in the world to even get a shot at the champ,” the guy's friend said.
Aang smiled, and rushed to catch up with them. “Excuse me, where is this earth bending tournament, exactly?” Both guys turned, and even from where I sat, I could see the scorn in their eyes.
“It’s on the island of Nonya. None-ya business!” The guys laughed, and walked away.
Sokka laughed as we walked towards Aang, so I shoved him. Katara looked at me, and I smiled.
“We’ll take care of this,” Katara said, patting Aang’s shoulder. We then took off, running towards the boys and giggling all the way.
“Hey strong guys,” I said, walking up to them, hiding my face behind my fans. They grinned, and turned to face us.
“Well how can we help you?” the guy with brown hair asked. He was pretty cute, tall, and tan. His friend was also tall, with a big tuft of hair on top of his head. Katara and I giggled, fluttering our eyelashes.
“We were just wondering where that earth bending tournament was?” Katara asked.
The guys grinned, looking at each other. “Well, maybe we could tell you, but what are we going to get in return?” they asked.
“Sorry boys, I’m - we - are taken,” I said.
“We are?” Katara whispered.
“Yeah,” I whispered back.
“Well, I guess that means our lips are sealed,” the guy with brown hair said. Katara and I looked at each other before sighing. Then, with lightning speed, I took some water from the street, and Katara from her pouch, and we froze the guys to the walls, leaving them sideways with the tops of their heads touching.
I crouched down next to them, smirking. “So... What were you saying about the tournament?”

“I still don’t know how you got those jerks to tell you where this tournament was,” Sokka said a few hours later, while we were waiting for the tournament to start. Katara and I just smiled.
“Sometimes, you don’t want to know,” I told him.
Sokka studied us before shaking his head. “You’re probably right.” Katara and I laughed, looking at the stage, where an announcer had appeared.
Katara sighed, studying her nails. “This is just gonna be a bunch of guys chucking rocks at each other, isn’t it?”
“That’s what I paid for,” Sokka grinned. I chuckled, eyes on the earth bending ring. We watched The Boulder defeat some hippo guy, and Sokka and I cheered. Some Fire Nation guy came on stage, and began singing, so we all booed, and Sokka and I threw rocks at him. The Boulder came up behind him, and threw him into the stands - right next to us.
“Yeah!” Sokka and I cheered, jumping up and down.
“This is so much better than wrestling!” I shouted, and ignored Sokka’s odd stares.

Several fighters later, the announcer got back in the ring, and the lights dimmed. “And now, what you’ve all been waiting for!” he shouted. “The Boulder versus your champion, The Blind Bandit!”
We all looked to see a little girl standing in the middle, holding a giant belt in her hand. “She can’t really be blind,” Katara said, “it’s just part of her character, right?”
“I think she is,” Aang said, staring at the girl.
“I think she is- GOING DOWN!” Sokka shouted. I laughed. “No way. The Blind Bandit’s gonna win, hands down!”
“Do I smell a bet, Miss I’m-From-Another-World?”
I grinned. “Actually, I think it’s the smell of you losing a bet.” Sokka glared, and I smirked. “If I win the bet, you have to give me that purse you bought earlier. If I loose, I’ll be your servant for three weeks.”
Aang and Katara gaped. “Sam, is that such a good idea?”
“Yea, that doesn't seem too fair,” Aang said.
“Hmm... you’re right. If I win, I get the bag and you'll be my servant for two weeks,” I decided.
Sokka smirked and shook my hand. “Deal.”
We turned our attention back to the ring, where The Boulder was saying how he wouldn’t fight a small blind girl. “Sounds to me like you’re scared, Boulder!” The Blind Bandit taunted. The Boulder glared, and prepared to fight. “Whenever you're ready, The Pebble,” The Blind Bandit baited again, laughing. I chuckled at the young girls words.
The fight started, and within seconds, The Bandit had The Boulder crying in pain.
Sokka cringed and I smirked. “I hope you give good massages,” I whispered, laughing.
Sokka began crying once The Boulder was thrown out off the ring.
“How did she do that?” Katara asked.
“She waited... and listened,” Aang said, smiling.
The announcer jumped down from his podium and said how he would give a sack of gold to anyone who could defeat The Blind Bandit. “What?” he asked, looking around. “No one dares face her?”
“I will!” Aang shouted, and started to walk up before we could stop him. As soon as the match started, it ended. Aang defeated The Bandit in seconds, sending everyone into shock. We all rushed to the announcer, and Sokka took the gold and belt.
I looked at Aang and saw his face, which leaked sadness.

The next day, we were walking through town again, searching for The Blind Bandit.
“I gotta admit, now I’m really glad I bought this bag,” Sokka said. “It matches this belt perfectly.”
“It’s a darn shame that you owe me that bag then, isn’t it?” I said, swiping it from his hands. Sokka gaped, and tried to take it back, but I just danced out of his way. Katara chuckled, watching us.
“If we wanna find The Bandit, the Earth Bending Academy is a good place to start,” Aang said, leading the way.
When we entered, the same guys from yesterday looked up and saw us. “Oh great,” the taller one said. “You again.”
Katara and I glared, and they flinched, stepping back. “Yeah, I didn’t think so,” Katara said, and I smirked evilly.
“Hey!” the cuter guy said, walking towards Aang. “You’re the kid who beat The Blind Bandit!”
“We need to talk to her. Do you guys know where she lives?” Aang asked.
“No one knows. The Blind Bandit’s a mystery. She shows up to fight, then disappears,” the tall guy said.
Aang’s face fell, and I sighed. “Let me handle this,” I said, marching up into the guys faces. “Do we really need to have another talk? Because we would love to have another conversation with you two.”
“No! I swear its true! No one knows where she lives or who she is!”
“That’s because we’re asking about the wrong person,” Aang said softly. “In my vision, I saw a girl in a white dress, with a pet flying boar. Know anybody like that?”
I raised my eyebrows, not expecting the whole ‘flying boar’ thing.
“Well, a flying boar is the symbol of the Bae Fong family,” the tall guy answered, with the other guy hiding behind him. “Their the richest people in town. Probably the whole world.”
The other guy peeked his head out, and spoke. “Yeah, but they don’t have a daughter.”
“Flying boar is good enough for me!” Aang said, and took off. “Yeah, you better leave,” I heard them mutter darkly, and Katara and I spun around to face them. “I've got my eye on you,” Katara threatened, then walked away.
Sokka walked after her. “Water Tribe,” he said coolly, and left.
I waited for them to leave, then I faced them. “I suggest you stay out of our way. You don’t want to see us angry.” They gulped, and I followed my friends out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long guys!!! I've been swamped with homework! But thanks for being so patient :) I want to thank my new editor, because without her, who knows when this chapter would have finally been put up? So to thank her, you should follow her on Twitter, @IGivezUWattpad! She's super funny! And if you want to see previews for other stories, or the covers for my stories, follow me on Twitter, @CreativityFlow! Remember, I love hearing from you guys!! So don't forget to comment and subscribe! Thanks for reading, and thanks for being so patient!
Love you <3