Our Story

Realizations

Grace silently follows Jax onto the club's roof. "Jax?" she begins hesitantly "...are you alright?" she whispers slowly moving toward the angry man. Jax growls and kicks part of the roof. "NO! Dammit! I let that...that whore abuse my kid, how was I so blind?" he practically screams. Grace filled with sympathy and understanding slowly wraps her arms around Jax so that her forehead was resting on his shoulders. "You were caught up in what I can only guess was club business. You thought that you could trust Abel's mother. It's not your fault Jax, Never think that it is alright?" Grace says vehemently. Jax leans into her embrace and sighs "I should have listened to my mother when she said Wendy was a no good crank whore. I...just wanted Abel to have a mother, like I did." he whispers brokenly. "I'll do it." Grace suddenly announces after an awkward pause. Jax, confused turns toward Grace so that he's facing her. "Do what?" he asks slowly. "I'll be Abel's mother! I mean I know what it's like to grow up with a junkie mother and I want to help you give him a better life! I know you don't know me..I just...want to help!" Grace says with determination sparkling in her eyes.

"WHAT? Grace I don't know you I don't know if I can trust you!" Jax says trying not to flinch when Graces happy face drops. With an unusually soft voice Grace says

"You...okay Jax..Just think about it okay? I have a fight tonight but ask Tara to get in contact with me if you or Abel need anything" She whispers hugging him one last time before walking back to the main room to say bye to Tara.

Jax p.o.v

Silently, I watch as Grace drives away in a beautiful 68 dodge charger thinking about what she said. I was so into my thoughts that I didn't hear Tara come up and sit next to me until she started talking. "If I know my sister like I know I do, she offered to be Abel's mother, didn't she?" she asks in a whisper. Wordlessly, I nod Tara sighs and grabs my hand "I worry about you Jackson. Ever since Clay and Genma died you've been..almost on auto pilot." she says, but before I can open my mouth to argue she continues talking "Then grace walked in and you for the first time in weeks! Weeks Jax! You smiled, a totally genuine smile that I haven't seen since Abel made it though his surgery." Tara says turning toward me. I wipe the tears falling from the brown eyes I used to get lost in. "It's been that long?" I ask weakly. Tara lets out a choked laugh/sob "Yeah, it's been that long! Look Jax honestly, you and Grace belong together. She's strong woman who's loyal to her family. Date her! Let go of me and your troubles, just for once try to see in her what I see in Opie" she says somewhat cryptically before walking back down to her fiance. Painfully I close my eyes and for the first time in a year, I finally realize that there was no chance for Tara and I anymore. "Dammit! F**k, SH*T!" I roar before collapsing into a pile silently sobbing. Trying to calm myself down I unconsciously conjure up a picture of Abel calling Grace 'mommy' "Oh god, I don't know her an I'm falling for her dammit" I whisper out loud miserably. Suddenly Graces' face pops into my head her violet eyes shining with determination "I'll be Abel's mother!" Laughing slightly, I pick up my pride and compose myself smiling another genuine smile "Thank you" I silently whisper to the sky "For a chance to be redeemed, for another chance for me to let go of the past."